Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

On 8/1/2018 at 1:47 PM, Mr Mini Mite said:

Yep. The b side from WTTJ is included instead. As far as i know, there was no reason given.  i'm glad they included that version and not the one from lies, because if i'm not wrong it was never released on cd (and i can't afford Super deluxe set)...

The version of Your Crazy you mentioned was released on a Welcome to the Jungle CD single in 1988

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Just getting a chance to dig into the set. 

Listened to the B Sides & EPs record first. Holy shit, the Lies material sounds worlds better than the original Lies LP! 

Just started in on the Sound City LPs. 

Yes! IMO, they actually did a good job with the vinyl. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Stro said:

It's really baffling Anything Goes made it to AFD over Shadow of Your Love, Reckless Life, or any of the rockers that were held over for UYI. More baffling now than ever, really.

With Reckless having already been on Live Like A Suicide, and Shadow being a kinda similar song, I can see why they left Shadow off Appetite. But yeah, Anything Goes ranks right up there with Think About You for the title of "worst" song on Appetite. Not that either one is really that bad, it's just that the rest of the album is as close to perfect as possible.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2019 at 8:55 AM, DTV88 said:

With Reckless having already been on Live Like A Suicide, and Shadow being a kinda similar song, I can see why they left Shadow off Appetite. But yeah, Anything Goes ranks right up there with Think About You for the title of "worst" song on Appetite. Not that either one is really that bad, it's just that the rest of the album is as close to perfect as possible.

Think About You is a lot better than Anything Goes. The ending of Think About You is one of my favorite parts of the whole album. I would say the weakest songs are Anything Goes, You're Crazy, and Out Ta Get Me. You're Crazy is much better in acoustic form on the Lies album. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/21/2019 at 6:35 PM, zigzagbigbag said:

Just noticed that GNRs webshop offers a new shirt which reads: 

„One in a million“

What a smart move if the band wants to distance from this song :facepalm:

Does it have the lyrics printed on the back? :P

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 23/02/2019 at 7:57 PM, GNRfan2008 said:

Think About You is a lot better than Anything Goes. The ending of Think About You is one of my favorite parts of the whole album. I would say the weakest songs are Anything Goes, You're Crazy, and Out Ta Get Me. You're Crazy is much better in acoustic form on the Lies album. 

Agreed on all points. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...