gunsguy

Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

1 minute ago, Chris 55 said:

I can't believe I didn't notice this before but for the 2 disk set, "You're Crazy" from Lies is missing. It's strange that it would be considering the back of the sleeve says "B-Sides, Ep's, and more"

I'm sure this has been noticed by now by everyone else but was there any reason given? Or is it just sloppy work on the part of the label?

what exacly did you expect for that lousy amount of money, a flawless job? ;)

Edited by zombux
  • Haha 2

I am so happy with the 5.1 mix. really something you can put on, sit back and relax and enjoy the music. It is really something else. Truly the centerpiece of this whole project.

On 31/7/2018 at 2:18 PM, Chris 55 said:

I can't believe I didn't notice this before but for the 2 disk set, "You're Crazy" from Lies is missing. It's strange that it would be considering the back of the sleeve says "B-Sides, Ep's, and more"

I'm sure this has been noticed by now by everyone else but was there any reason given? Or is it just sloppy work on the part of the label?

Yep. The b side from WTTJ is included instead. As far as i know, there was no reason given.  i'm glad they included that version and not the one from lies, because if i'm not wrong it was never released on cd (and i can't afford Super deluxe set)...

As we can consider this an official AFD & Lies collaborative Box Set, it still bothers me that OIAM is missing. Everything else claimed missing was never officially released. 

6 hours ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

As we can consider this an official AFD & Lies collaborative Box Set, it still bothers me that OIAM is missing. Everything else claimed missing was never officially released. 

correct, with the dubious exceptions of:

- alternate take of Nice Boys from Sound City sessions, which was "officially released" at multiple compilation albums

- alternate take of Heartbreak Hotel from Sound City sessions, which was "officially released" at Hollywood Rocks! compilation albums

yeah, these compilations are not really GNR albums, but they aren't bootlegs either.

why didn't famous demos like" "crash diet", "sentimental movie", and "just another Sunday" haven't been included on this ?

12 hours ago, frejat10 said:

why didn't famous demos like" "crash diet", "sentimental movie", and "just another Sunday" haven't been included on this ?

because those were separate sessions with West Arkeen, not really a "Guns N' Roses" sessions.

On 8/1/2018 at 1:47 PM, Mr Mini Mite said:

Yep. The b side from WTTJ is included instead. As far as i know, there was no reason given.  i'm glad they included that version and not the one from lies, because if i'm not wrong it was never released on cd (and i can't afford Super deluxe set)...

The version of Your Crazy you mentioned was released on a Welcome to the Jungle CD single in 1988

7 minutes ago, RedHook said:

The version of Your Crazy you mentioned was released on a Welcome to the Jungle CD single in 1988

Thanks, I thought it was only released on vinyl format.

Just getting a chance to dig into the set. 

Listened to the B Sides & EPs record first. Holy shit, the Lies material sounds worlds better than the original Lies LP! 

Just started in on the Sound City LPs. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Just getting a chance to dig into the set. 

Listened to the B Sides & EPs record first. Holy shit, the Lies material sounds worlds better than the original Lies LP! 

Just started in on the Sound City LPs. 

Yes! IMO, they actually did a good job with the vinyl. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DTV88 said:

Yes! IMO, they actually did a good job with the vinyl. 

I waa seriously stunned at first. I thought Patience was a different mix! Sounds so, so good. 

• Like 2

It's really baffling Anything Goes made it to AFD over Shadow of Your Love, Reckless Life, or any of the rockers that were held over for UYI. More baffling now than ever, really.

Edited by Stro

17 hours ago, Stro said:

It's really baffling Anything Goes made it to AFD over Shadow of Your Love, Reckless Life, or any of the rockers that were held over for UYI. More baffling now than ever, really.

With Reckless having already been on Live Like A Suicide, and Shadow being a kinda similar song, I can see why they left Shadow off Appetite. But yeah, Anything Goes ranks right up there with Think About You for the title of "worst" song on Appetite. Not that either one is really that bad, it's just that the rest of the album is as close to perfect as possible.

On 1/28/2019 at 8:55 AM, DTV88 said:

With Reckless having already been on Live Like A Suicide, and Shadow being a kinda similar song, I can see why they left Shadow off Appetite. But yeah, Anything Goes ranks right up there with Think About You for the title of "worst" song on Appetite. Not that either one is really that bad, it's just that the rest of the album is as close to perfect as possible.

Think About You is a lot better than Anything Goes. The ending of Think About You is one of my favorite parts of the whole album. I would say the weakest songs are Anything Goes, You're Crazy, and Out Ta Get Me. You're Crazy is much better in acoustic form on the Lies album. 

Just noticed that GNRs webshop offers a new shirt which reads: 

„One in a million“

What a smart move if the band wants to distance from this song :facepalm:

• Like 3

On 4/21/2019 at 6:35 PM, zigzagbigbag said:

Just noticed that GNRs webshop offers a new shirt which reads: 

„One in a million“

What a smart move if the band wants to distance from this song :facepalm:

Does it have the lyrics printed on the back? :P

• Haha 1