Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

24 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Maybe an AFD remaster? I think there was a rumor about Universal doing a remaster. They probably wouldn't do a billboard for it though. 

Btw, have you always been a mod? Or is that recent? I don't pay a lot of attention haha

Off and on for few years yeah.  I was a member... Mod... Member.... News reporter.... Now mod again :)

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I mean it could be a one-off show, like the one Zeppelin did in 2007. A proper AFD5 reunion is not realistic becuase they already have a scheduled tour and Frank/Melissa/Fortus are promoting it themselves in their social media. It could be a oneoff show, with a worldwide livestream.

Merch? I don't think so. They're already selling AFD merch even though Steven and Izzy are not in the band. 

It could be an AFD remaster / box set, but fucking BILLBOARDS for a rerelease? Mmm...

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A show? Wouldn't that be really odd after Steven's interviews and sneers, and with his tour with his own band coming up?

Not getting my hopes up for anything just yet. I've been carried away too many times now. Just stay calm and be surprised. (Or not.)

Edited by Lio

1 minute ago, gunsguy said:

Like?  Why would Universal be advertising some shitty radio thing?

I just figured because its a .fm link

Either way, it won't be a gig with all originals. Just a few days ago Steven was saying his usual things

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Deniz said:

Any fan who sees this is immediately gonna think an AFD5 reunion. And the GN'R camp knows this.

So if this is some afd re-release thing tricking us to think it's a reunion gig just to get some hype, then i hope Axl is ready for the backlash.

Sorry for the pessimism but i've been let down by GN'R marketing strategies too many times.

Everyone should be thinking “I’ll believe it when I see it” and that’s what TB wants, they get caught between wanting to advertise and not wanting to promise too much. Sadly they are terrible at managing this and so like you said it will likely be a lot less than we hope. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

The obvious thing that we all are probably thinking would be an AFD5 show of sorts

I also think that a possibility could be a campaign to reissue/remaster AFD 

Could be a reissue or they plan to play it in its entirely.

21 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I just figured because its a .fm link

Either way, it won't be a gig with all originals. Just a few days ago Steven was saying his usual things

Right, Steven when doing his guest appearances said nothing, and lately he has been talking quite a bit about the negatives of his guest stint.  So right now I am leaning towards at the most, this being a AFD remaster/deluxe package reissue

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vloors said:

Could be a reissue or they plan to play it in its entirely.

I could see that, all they would need to do is add a couple of songs to the set for full AFD album anyways.  It would be good promotion for a reissue as well

Edited by WhazUp

25 minutes ago, Deniz said:

Any fan who sees this is immediately gonna think an AFD5 reunion. And the GN'R camp knows this.

So if this is some afd re-release thing tricking us to think it's a reunion gig just to get some hype, then i hope Axl is ready for the backlash.

Sorry for the pessimism but i've been let down by GN'R marketing strategies too many times.

Good post

I have zero interest in a remaster. Some new/unreleased stuff and buttered up stuff like Bring it Back Home/Shadow of Your Love, sure

• Like 2