Jump to content
gunsguy

Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Italian girl said:

I don't need all that stuff.

Same here. It's cool if you're into it, but I personally never cared for demo versions of songs that I've already heard a million times. And those random items are cool for the kids, I would have loved a fake tattoo or GnR pick when I was 12, but I'm not anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$700!?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Same here. It's cool if you're into it, but I personally never cared for demo versions of songs that I've already heard a million times. And those random items are cool for the kids, I would have loved a fake tattoo or GnR pick when I was 12, but I'm not anymore.

I'm almost 40. I'd like the gnr rings and bandana but not for $700. 

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

$700!?!?!

Not sure where you live but in New York we have state sales tax so if the rumored $650 price tag is true then yes $700 or so with sales tax. $650 x 8.25% in sales tax is about $703.

Edited by Subtle Signs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Subtle Signs said:

I'm almost 40. I'd like the gnr rings and bandana but not for $700. 

That price is ridiculous either way, but even for 5 euro I wouldn't pay for GnR posters or whatever else is in this boxset. But each to their own!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Same here. It's cool if you're into it, but I personally never cared for demo versions of songs that I've already heard a million times. And those random items are cool for the kids, I would have loved a fake tattoo or GnR pick when I was 12, but I'm not anymore.

The dilemma with splashing out on something this collectible for 100s of $ is do you make use of the stuff that comes with it or keep it in pristine condition for fear of trashing future value?

 If you give your kid the tattoos and the special bandana to play with that's the value diminished straight off.

Then again maybe life is too short to care. :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do we think the normal deluxe will be priced at? $120? Weird that the apparant middle version is the only one on amazon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

UMG has pulled the highest-viewed Shadow of Your Love demo from Youtube on copyright grounds (at least in my country):

 

So are they hoping people with think this is a new song? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Locked and Loaded version, wow. Just take my money 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, alfierose said:

The dilemma with splashing out on something this collectible for 100s of $ is do you make use of the stuff that comes with it or keep it in pristine condition for fear of trashing future value?

 If you give your kid the tattoos and the special bandana to play with that's the value diminished straight off.

Then again maybe life is too short to care. :lol:

Fuck pristine condition. If you want to buy a box of novelty shit, it should be for your amusement, not for future value. As you say, life is too short. 

  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, alfierose said:

The dilemma with splashing out on something this collectible for 100s of $ is do you make use of the stuff that comes with it or keep it in pristine condition for fear of trashing future value?

 If you give your kid the tattoos and the special bandana to play with that's the value diminished straight off.

Then again maybe life is too short to care. :lol:

Yeah, well, summer is coming, I guess I could make use of those fake tattoos when I'm going swimming and look cool for the chicks... I hope they are waterproof.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would propably pay 700USD for new music, or a show with the original lineup; but frankly that kind of money for a whole bunch of merchandising crap, CDs, LPs  with 30 year old demos attracting dust ist not worth it for me....I don`t even have a CD player anymore. So I am out. Buit still a nice marketing campaign... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EvanG said:

Yeah, well, summer is coming, I guess I could make use of those fake tattoos when I'm going swimming and look cool for the chicks... I hope they are waterproof.

Wear it proudly,

448ff305d5dece783e129a09da7447c9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Soo...any infos if we can get ONLY the CDs?

I'd imagine so. The casual fan wants just music so they aren't dropping $200 or $700. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there's 10000 of Locked & Loaded, and it's $650, I'm in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, alfierose said:

So are they hoping people with think this is a new song? 

No idea, but it seems to reinforce the point that they will be pushing SOYL quite heavily as the new single, i think. None of the other demos have been removed, though none of the others are quite as popular as the one which was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The track listing better be good because everything else is a waste of money in my eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Wear it proudly,

448ff305d5dece783e129a09da7447c9.jpg

If only I had Adler's haircut... I'd be golden, no woman could resist me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RussTCB said:

If there's 10000 of Locked & Loaded, and it's $650, I'm in. 

10.000 is lots and lots of available copies. Confident I'll actually be able to get one. but it better contains some live material, or it's a hard pass from me. 

it costs a dollar more, but you have something that someone else hasn't, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, action said:

10.000 is lots and lots of available copies. Confident I'll actually be able to get one. but it better contains some live material, or it's a hard pass from me. 

it costs a dollar more, but you have something that someone else hasn't, I guess.

We can all have all the songs once it leaks. I'm old and like physical copies rather than downloads or listening on spotify. I was told I was hitting the pipe for wanting just the 4 cds for $50. Apparently that's too low of a price!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

We can all have all the songs once it leaks. I'm old and like physical copies rather than downloads or listening on spotify. I was told I was hitting the pipe for wanting just the 4 cds for $50. Apparently that's too low of a price!

Considering cd's are becoming obsolete anything more than $60 is just too much.

I hope people are happy with this, but I think my days of following this band's every move are coming to an end.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

As an absolute DIE HARD RELIGIOUS FAN for many years this is extremely exciting .. the thought of Triple M Playing a brand new GNR SINGLE is just incredible :) N Yes I know its technically an old demo we all have

 

For me anyways this is just as exciting as a new album...technically it is a new album release especially if its a 2cd with re recordings like SOYL :)

Edited by tim10101
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d pay 700 💵 for  a Chinese Democracy Locked n’ Loaded Box with 49 truly unreleased  tracks.

Nice  item though 

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×