Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

53 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Same here. It's cool if you're into it, but I personally never cared for demo versions of songs that I've already heard a million times. And those random items are cool for the kids, I would have loved a fake tattoo or GnR pick when I was 12, but I'm not anymore.

:P true!

I personally think that this is a real cash grab, not the tour.. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Agreed. Im just happy we are getting the first official audio release from this band in nearly a decade (unless you count the 2014 dvd, but fuck that shit).

Dude, it's the first since Sympathy for the Devil.  Between then and now is irrelevant.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

:P true!

I personally think that this is a real cash grab, not the tour.. 

Well if its a decent remaster and some actual unreleased songs its pretty okay to me, especially the <200$ versions, depending on if the book is included.

The 650$ is a bit overloaded with unnecessary BS if you ask me. Sure, a few posters or litho's would be nice, but tattoos, picks, stickers, a cleaning cloth??!

1 minute ago, Gibbo said:

It will be playing on the site as well you would think before triple m

How does the time Triple M will (approx) air the single relate to the countdown timer on gnr.fm?

5 minutes ago, tim10101 said:

Yes its a 30 yo demo. but re recorded by reunited Axl n Slash.... Im literally blown away this is even real

No, it's not re-recorded. It was recorded with Mike Clink in 1986!

Would love to see this live this summer! :drool:

Edited by youngswedishvinyl

2 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Well if its a decent remaster and some actual unreleased songs its pretty okay to me, especially the <200$ versions, depending on if the book is included.

The 650$ is a bit overloaded with unnecessary BS if you ask me. Sure, a few posters or litho's would be nice, but tattoos, picks, stickers, a cleaning cloth??!

How does the time Triple M will (approx) air the single relate to the countdown timer on gnr.fm?

Hour after 

10 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Unless i'm mistaken, it's around the same time. I heard it was meant to air in Aus at 2:00 pm tomorrow, which is around the same time the countdown ends.

Edit: I'm going on AEST. Triple M Adelaide, i think, indicated 2:00pm. Adelaide (South Australia) is not AEST time, so there will be some difference.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

Each to their own, but paying $650 for a box of junk is insane.

The only justification for that might be if it comes with a certified Axl auto. Temp tattoos and lithographs do not equal a few extra hundred dollars compared to just buying either the LPs or CDs. 

1 minute ago, tim10101 said:

The rate us DIE HARD GNR FANS are goin LOL The fact SOYL is a new single just absolutely blows me away. Axl n Slash together again. Let that sink in...

It's insane that they couldn't get together to record one new song as a bonus track to be the single. What's up with that? Guessing Slash wouldn't put on the school boy outfit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, tim10101 said:

This Negativity is seriously BS...... AXL N SLASH TOGETHER ON A NEW SINGLE. Let that sink in. Seriously wtf is wrong with some of you

No need to repeat the same thing over and over again. Let people think what they want to think.

I'm excited for the "new" songs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tim10101 said:

This Negativity is seriously BS...... AXL N SLASH TOGETHER ON A NEW SINGLE. Let that sink in. Seriously wtf is wrong with some of you

It is an old song which is not a fan favourite. It was better off forgotten. They should have recorded new music instead.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, tim10101 said:

I guess the problem many have is that SOYL is 34 years old. So it isn't new to most here, even if it has been touched up a bit. I don't mind, because i love SOYL, but i do get where people are coming from when they don't consider it too exciting. I actually would have preferred new material, but i guess these are meant to tie us over until SMKC and AC/DC ft. Axl.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1