Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

Just now, RussTCB said:

Is there a source for this info? I've seen you post it a few times and I'm curious where the info that it'll be debuted on Australian radio comes from.

Gibbo posted it a while back. Triple M Adelaide apparently. But the highest-viewed demo on Youtube certainly is pulled for copyright reasons (At least in Australia - where i live):

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, koldweather said:

So Joe public has the single. Diehards have the varying boxsets. Seems everyone wins, to some extent.

Is Joe a casual fan??

Because casuals will find this song horrible! I really doubt anyone will go to the shows desperate to hear SOYL! :lol:

12 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

Yup. Why exactly couldn't GN'R have done this for AFD? There are at least three songs which we've NEVER heard - The Prowler, Nightcrawler, and the Plague - you're telling me Axl/Slash/Duff couldn't have taken the basic elements of those tracks and made something semi-new out of them? This is just a ripoff, really.

I mean Jesus, Queen - Axl's favorite band - was able to record two whole albums (plus two extra songs) while Freddie was dying from AIDS. What's GN'R's excuse?

They always take the easiest and laziest and most bare bones route, and think the fans are stupid enough to call table scraps treasures. It's insulting.

If GnR did that, the other half of the forum - most likely more than half - would bitch and either shout "blasphemy" or still say that it's old stuff from 30 years ago and don't care about it.

So they can't win in this one :lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tim10101 said:

N theres literally a countdown. its real. New Axl N Slash Single . So stop the negativity n the hate .

There's no negativity or hate. There's people sharing differing opinions than yours, that's all.

If you're excited about this song, great. Some others are not and they're welcome to express their opinions.

• Like 2

Just now, Order of Nine said:

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Cool! 

I think this signals that things will be moving along in the coming years.

I hope this now gives axl the emotional freedom to look back on the bands   past and realise that they really made great music despite the who said what with old members.  So hoping they release that illusions video footage. With axl releasing all the old stuff i wonder if gene simmons has been in axls ear.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Got that album and I hated it. More over so, I don't know what the fuck Gilby Clarke had to do with a remix of SOYL :facepalm:

He is a producer in fairness but I basically think this was to fill out the cd. Five songs does not make an album so they drafted in Fred Coury and Gilby, two people vaguely connected with Guns N' Roses, to remix them and fill the compact disc up. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tim10101 said:

N theres literally a countdown. its real. New Axl N Slash Single . So stop the negativity n the hate .

I know. It's unreal. Litterally days ago people speculated that the band was just going to tour and no release would happen. Now it's here in concrete and it leads me to think that some people just love to complain.

SOYL could very well hit number one and people will still be upset. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

He is a producer in fairness but I basically think this was to fill out the cd. Five songs does not make an album so they drafted in Fred Coury and Gilby, two people vaguely connected with Guns N' Roses, to remix them and fill the compact disc up. 

I think Fred Coury done a solid job:

1 minute ago, Sydney Fan said:

I hope this now gives axl the emotional freedom to look back on the bands   past and realise that they really made great music despite the who said what with old members.  So hoping they release that illusions video footage. With axl releasing all the old stuff i wonder if gene simmons has been in axls ear.

UYI..those 19 hours of backstage footage or what it was from the UYI cameracrew..for me that will be the real holy grail, all those proshots, the film-recording of the 2nd warmup show for UYI, all the backstage footage, the rough mixes of the songs Slash talked about in his book etc.. Now that is what I'll be willing to shell out that much money for. This is still cool though.

• Like 2

I can’t wait for this. I’ve alrrady heard most of their demos so I’m really hoping for some live songs if not on the cd’s ten on the Blu-ray. I would love to hear a good Crash Diet and Ain’t Going Down. My dream would be that they put Ritz 87’, 88’ and Marquee on the Blu-ray (but i doubt it’ll happen) 

Can we please STOP with the 're-recording' nonense about 'Shadow Of Your Love' ??? 

- It is NOT re-recorded, not the music, not the vocals.  There's a lick in the snippet that we haven't heard, the rest is STRAIGHT OUTTA 1986 !!!

- It is NOT the Mike Clink version or Sound City demo, it's the officially released Pasha version, the one we've had for years (without the fake crowd noise, remastered and/or remixed) !!!

If you CANNOT tell the difference between Axl '86 and Axl '16, YOU HAVE A SERIOUS HEARING DISORDER !!! :facepalm:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Can we please STOP with the 're-recording' nonense about 'Shadow Of Your Love' ??? 

- It is NOT re-recorded, not the music, not the vocals.  There's a lick in the snippet that we haven't heard, the rest is STRAIGHT OUTTA 1986 !!!

- It is NOT the Mike Clink version or Sound City demo, it's the officially released Pasha version, the one we've had for years (without the fake crowd noise, remastered and/or remixed) !!!

If you CANNOT tell the difference between Axl '86 and Axl '16, YOU HAVE A SERIOUS HEARING DISORDER !!! :facepalm:

This..

All of this so much.

2 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

ok, ok. you're right.

... but I still think it's re-recorded :P

Edited by action
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

They will definitely release new material on a new disc. This is only going to generate more interest and hype.

As for Gene I know he's a great business man but I can't stand his music and his voice and I heard his interview about how he met guns and saw them a couple times, I get the impression he was insulted they were not jumping to work with him. Slash allegedly called him some unflattering names and Axl gave him the cold shoulder after he suggested to add another chorus to night train. Oh well.