Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

Just now, nightrain86 said:

I really hope the nightrain demo we get is the one with the alt intro, fucking love that version and in better quality then the youtube vids for it? hell yes.

Give us the harmonica cut as well (was there even one done with a harmonica? Ive only ever known of some live club gigs which used it).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gackt said:

People hesitant to buy the big box are gonna want to jump on it fast especially if it's very limited quantities, there's likely many in South America already donating blood to afford the crate. :lol:

quantity is 10,000

2 minutes ago, Tonto said:

It's not even a real price, wait and see what it costs, no one knows. The $650 is made up, if it's right, it's a hell of a guess.

It’s not made up, that rumor started based upon a poster here who was told that number by Mitch Lafon.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, auad said:

all erratic.
they did not call adler and izzy for the "reunion", but they can bill more with these boxes, with photos and materials containing adler and izzy.
hypocrites

Adler and Izzy will make money from this. I don't see what difference it makes whether they were involved in designing it. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

@Tonto is right that it hasn't been confirmed, but it has been mentioned by Gibbo and others.

The Super Deluxe Edition costs $180, and it only makes up a fraction of the Locked N' Loaded bundle.

Ok so what is in the Locked N Loaded that isn’t in Super Deluxe. 

Similary there’s allegedly a regular Deluxe edition anyone KNOW the differences?  

Please cite if you are speculating....or actually know the difference.

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

Adler and Izzy will make money from this. I don't see what difference it makes whether they were involved in designing it. 

from this point of view you're right.

what I consider strange and bizarre is that "this" that currently presents itself as GNR is a circus of horrors ... but at the time of "once again" Axl resort to the famous "nostalgia," he does not shy away from "using" adler and izzy ... all very convenient, of course.

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Ok so what is in the Locked N Loaded that isn’t in Super Deluxe. 

Similary there’s allegedly a regular Deluxe edition anyone KNOW the differences?  

Please cite if you are speculating....or actually know the difference.

The announcement video shows the Super Deluxe Edition tagline as an artbook, 4 cds and a blu-ray are shown. The rest of the contents are subsequently revealed without the Super Deluxe Edition tagline. That seems to correlate with the Amazon link for the Super Deluxe/Deluxe Edition, which also indicated 4 cds. I imagine the Deluxe Edition differs from the Super Deluxe Edition by either omitting the blu-ray or the artbook (or both). 

This is speculation, but the circumstantial evidence matches.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gackt said:

With all the crap you get in it, $650 would be a very generous number.  The packaging alone would sell for a couple hundred easily.

uh, pleather and mdf?   ~$10 oh, and .50 for glue/nails.  $10.50. 

Edited by ASLayerAODsk
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I didn't say that the LALD version was Pasha, I just added that sentance to eliminate another version of the song since the vocals are more similar to the remaster there! ;)

I'm also thinking it's the Clink version, after all the box set includes 2 unreleased Clink recordings! It surely isn't a re-recording, comparing the different versions one can clearly hear that they all are recorded in the same era! :) 

I agree.  I admit I was wrong about the snippet being from Pasha.  It happens, even to me :P;)  They sound VERY similar.  But the lyrics give it away.

It makes sense now that the snippet (and the 'single') would be the 'new' unreleased/unheard/unbootlegged Mike Clink session.  Why on earth would they release an old b-side version ???

This also explains why there's a lick we didn't recognize, and it also rules out any nonsense about re-recording.

That's settled then !  Not Pasha -> Clink session !  Not re-recorded -> Clink session !

I rest my case.  End of (this) discussion.

• Like 1