Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

The announcement video shows the Super Deluxe Edition tagline as an artbook, 4 cds and a blu-ray are shown. The rest of the contents are subsequently revealed without the Super Deluxe Edition tagline. That seems to correlate with the Amazon link for the Super Deluxe/Deluxe Edition, which also indicated 4 cds. I imagine the Deluxe Edition differs from the Super Deluxe Edition by either omitting the blu-ray or the artbook (or both). 

This is speculation, but the circumstantial evidence matches.

Awesome!  Thanks!!!

7 minutes ago, auad said:

from this point of view you're right.

what I consider strange and bizarre is that "this" that currently presents itself as GNR is a circus of horrors ... but at the time of "once again" Axl resort to the famous "nostalgia," he does not shy away from "using" adler and izzy ... all very convenient, of course.

How is he using them? It's Axl/Slash/Duff's album too, if they want to do something with it they can. Adler and Izzy don't have to be in the band to re-release an album they made together 30 years ago.

• Like 1

I could probably afford $650 but unless it has some new tracks, I doubt I'll pull the trigger on it.  The unlreleased tracks seem tempting and the set looks very cool but $650 is too high of a price.  At this point, it's a matter of principle and a box set of this sorts should be the in $350 price range, imo.

4 minutes ago, tremolo said:

And a hell of a lot of money for what it is.

Is it? I won't be buying it, I don't collect things like that, but it looks pretty good to me. Only thing is, unreleased music wise, it's the most boring era for the band. No that interested in demos, some completely unheard tracks would be great.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gackt said:

With all the crap you get in it, $650 would be a very generous number.  The packaging alone would sell for a couple hundred easily.

You think? I'd like to see what's in it because from first glance, Pink Floyd's Early Years limited edition box set seems to have about 5x as much stuff and retails for $475.

I'm really hoping there is a simpler vinyl edition with all the records in a slipcase that has the cross printed on the front of it. I'd easily pay 200 or so for that before 650 for a bunch of knick knack bullshit that I have no room for.

I'm still not completely out on the mega box but 10,000 units makes it pretty undesirable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

You think? I'd like to see what's in it because from first glance, Pink Floyd's Early Years limited edition box set seems to have about 5x as much stuff and retails for $475.

It's a nice crate for your vinyl albums if you want to store away your Illusions records and whatever else in it also; it's hard to tell from the unboxing videos if the drawers can be removed, but that'd be a big plus if they could.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gackt said:

It's a nice crate for your vinyl albums if you want to store away your Illusions records and whatever else in it also; it's hard to tell from the unboxing videos if the drawers can be removed, but that'd be a big plus if they could.

I just saw the video.  The Locked & Loaded version does seem to have quite a bit of stuff in it.  I might get it if I don't have to jump through hoops to get it....like having to join GunsNRoses.com...:lol:

I just would wish they’d put the unreleased tracks on iTunes or something. I’m definitely not buying something that expensive right now, of course it’s cool but I can’t justify the price. All I would want from that whole collection is being able to hear the unreleased tracks.

Im kinda over the Appetite-era stuff. I care allot more about the Illusion-era and would rather have a boxset for that.

Temporary Tattoos though? all the junk like that makes the set tacky.

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I just saw the video.  The Locked & Loaded version does seem to have quite a bit of stuff in it.  I might get it if I don't have to jump through hoops to get it....like having to join GunsNRoses.com...:lol:

There better be tickets in that box to an AFD line up reunion concert for that kind of money! Fuckin hell... :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

They could've made this a whole lot more valuable with some live soundboard recordings/videotapes or interviews with the main 3 recounting some AFD days stories of going into the studio or whatever. Just Slash and Axl alone in an interview for this would have been so awesome. Seems kinda lazy so far but need to wait for the tracklisting.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, tony adler said:

Good for Steven and Izzy, gonna be on the radio again with new release!, the boys still care about each other and now they are proving it( and taken care of financially) fingers crossed on one off

Wut?

9 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

They could've made this a whole lot more valuable with some live soundboard recordings/videotapes or interviews with the main 3 recounting some AFD days stories of going into the studio or whatever. Just Slash and Axl alone in an interview for this would have been so awesome. Seems kinda lazy so far but need to wait for the tracklisting.

I'm sure they're gonna Led Zeppelin the shit out of soundboards. Make them independently available if at all ever. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I'm trying to make sense of CD's vs LP's here. 

So we're talking 73 tracks, from which 24 have been previously released and 49 haven't. And there are 4 cd's. 

It's safe to assume that CD disc 1 is AFD, 12 tracks

Let's assume that the B-Sides & EP's LP is also CD disc 2. It's  safe to assume this is the other 12 released tracks. Which would probably be Live Like A Suicide EP (4), Live From The Jungle EP (6) and 2 B-sides one of which being Shadow Of Your Love. 

That'd mean the 49 unreleased tracks are on disc 3 and 4. Which is a lot of tracks for 2 CD's. 

They mentioned 3 LP's for the Sound City Sessions spanning 25 tracks. Is it safe to assume this is going to be CD disc 3? It seems like a lot for 1 disc. 

Then there's disc 4 which would contain the other 24 tracks, 2 of which being the unreleased Mike Clink recordings. 

Long story short, it seems like the 4 CD's might contain less material than the LP's. 

Maybe that's where the USB stick comes into play? Is that going to contain all the LP material in MP3? 

Edited by username