Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

24 minutes ago, username said:

Maybe that's where the USB stick comes into play? Is that going to contain all the LP material in MP3? 

This is a fair guess. The USB stick might include everything musically, aside from the blu-ray 5.1 mix.

48 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I just would wish they’d put the unreleased tracks on iTunes or something. I’m definitely not buying something that expensive right now, of course it’s cool but I can’t justify the price. All I would want from that whole collection is being able to hear the unreleased tracks.

They are so money hungry right now that there is no way they're not going release a cd / digital album with those tracks down the line for the pariah class of fans. That's what I'm hoping for anyway. Though, there's a reason why those songs were considered b-sides in the first place. I don't think they'll be anything special. Especially if they are just demos.

Edited by jekylhyde

6 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

They are so money hungry right now that there is no way they're not going release a cd / digital album with those tracks down the line for the pariah class of fans. That's what I'm hoping for anyway. Though, there's a reason why those songs were considered b-sides in the first place. I don't think they'll be anything special. Especially if they are just demos.

This box set is for the hard core-st die hards. No way I'm going to fork out six or seven hundred moneys to own five different versions of Welcome to the Jungle.  

Dude

I agree. I do not want to hear WTTJ in progress, Rocket Queen (Rough Mix), I want to hear new songs, or even old ones in a better quality. Aint Goin 'Down (no lyrics) without a voice? only instrumental sounds weird because we already know the song, and if it's mixed it would be great

Edited by TheSlashrose

5 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

Ahhh....yet again this band has given me the platinum diamond encrusted lap dance only to stand up and walk away when I'm ready to fuck.

I paid less than $1,000 total for the 4 separate lotto's I won for Pearl Jam's domestic tour this summer via the 10 Club, over 3 different cities, for the best seats in each venue....some of which are going for like $3,000 ea. on the secondary market right now.

GnR tickles my balls for a fucking week only to offer me a $650 box set of shit I've already been listening to for 30 years.

Get fucked sideways.

this is GNR bro.

Welcome to the jungle...

:facepalm:

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

Am I out of the loop or do musicians still charge money for their music or performances because that's their livelihood or is everything free now? Because nobody here seems to think GNR should be charging money for anything.

these lazy millionaires have had enough of us.
now provide us with new material for free.

14 minutes ago, Litti said:

You'll eventually hear them for free on the internet + maybe the book too. People always scan and share.

Those photos will definitely be all over Instagram 

There's an awful lot of bits of paper & odds & ends that will probably just stay in the box i mean do you really need...

12 New illustration lithos visualizing each song from Appetite for Destruction

Turntable Mat

6 Replica Gig Flyers

Welcome to the Jungle Video Invite Flyer

Microfiber Cleaning Cloth

6 Iron-On Stitched Logo Patches

5 Metal Guitar Picks

3 Replica Ticket Stubs

5 metal Band Skull Lapel Pins

2-Inch Collectable Coin

5 buttons

7″ adapter

5 Metal Band Skull Rings

USB Stick

5 Never-Before Seen Band Member Photo Lithos

6 Temporary Band Member Tattoos

Robert Williams Painting Litho

Two Wall Posters

Custom bandana With Silver Metallica Ink

Replica 85’/86′ Concert Banner Featuring Numbered Certificate of Authenticity

• Like 1

Just now, AFD5 said:

There's an awful lot of bits of paper & odds & ends that will probably just stay in the box i mean do you really need...

[crap] [crap] [crap]

Replica 85’/86′ Concert Banner Featuring Numbered Certificate of Authenticity

LOL they're verifying the banner is a replica with a COA.  Does anyone care about this garbage?

• Like 1

I don't even have an issue with the product itself.  It actually looks pretty badass, and any die hard fan would obviously love to have one.

What I have an issue with is setting up a dedicated website with a fucking countdown clock and way markers you need to active GPS on your phone for and shit to follow.... all for a fucking box set.

This band KILLED it with how they handled the Troubadour show.  Having a super secret location you needed to be at to score insanely limited tickets to their 1st show back together at a small club they cut their teeth in, and handing out limited edition collectors versions of the tickets to the crowd as they stood in line to get in.  Fucking badass.  I couldn't have loved that any more.

Outside of the Vegas shows afterwards, which were also amazing, I basically loathe how this band has handled everything since.

• Like 2