Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

2 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

Sure. As long as there's a 4 disc version for under $50. I think there will be that and just a single disc AFD for sale as well.

Then the book and blu-ray add $130?

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

I wonder what exactly is on the B-Sides and EP's vynil.

sounds like it compiles more than one EP, but what other EP's in the late 80s did GnR have other than Live Like A Suicide and Live from the Jungle? And since Suicide is being issued here as its own separate vynil, does that mean the only EP in this vynil is Live from the Jungle? In that case, why refer to "EPs" here as plural?

what makes it even more confusing is the fact that, Id memory serves, the AFD b-sides are just the songs from both EPs anyway.

And the Live From the Jungle EP repeats ''Sweet Child O' Mine'' from Appetite. A lot of the b-sides are just album tracks from Appetite and Lies also. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Then the book and blu-ray add $130?

And the Live From the Jungle EP repeats ''Sweet Child O' Mine'' from Appetite. A lot of the b-sides are just album tracks from Appetite and Lies also. 

Most new CDS I buy are $10 or less from Amazon. So a 4 disc set with an expanded booklet even ,in my mind should be no more than $50. As you said,the hardcores have most of these tracks anyway. So how they arrived at the $180 price point for 4cds,a blu ray and a book I don't know. If they can get it,more power to them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I wonder what exactly is on the B-Sides and EP's vynil.

sounds like it compiles more than one EP, but what other EP's in the late 80s did GnR have other than Live Like A Suicide and Live from the Jungle? And since Suicide is being issued here as its own separate vynil, does that mean the only EP in this vynil is Live from the Jungle? In that case, why refer to "EPs" here as plural?

what makes it even more confusing is the fact that, if memory serves, the AFD b-sides are just the songs from both EPs anyway.

They refer to Live Like a Suicide as an LP in the video so maybe we shouldn’t expect much more than four songs on the B-Sides N’ EPs LP! I wouldn’t be surprised to see the GNR Lies version of You’re Crazy and Used To Love Her on there. Maybe Patience too despite it getting a 7” all to itself but probably not One in a Million...

Edited by Stress Fracture

1 minute ago, Subtle Signs said:

Most new CDS I buy are $10 or less from Amazon. So a 4 disc set with an expanded booklet even ,in my mind should be no more than $50. As you said,the hardcores have most of these tracks anyway. So how they arrived at the $180 price point for 4cds,a blu ray and a book I don't know. If they can get it,more power to them.

I agree with you completely on the prices being ridiculous. I'm just working it out backwards from what they're charging for the bigger sets and it doesn't seem likely they'd drop a whopping $130 by omitting the blu-ray and book.

They will sell a ton. The 10,000 set will sell out (probably not right away) but there’s enough gnr fans around the world willing to pay $700 for this, they had people paying over a grand for vip tickets at concerts last year. 

It’s a really cool set and you gotta think between the 5 members they will hand these out to family and friends so that’s going to take quite a few away. But again I don’t think they will run into a problem of selling these. 

12 minutes ago, vloors said:

4 disks for $50? What crack are you smoking

Where are you buying new CDS from that they cost more than $10? We have this website called Amazon where they are that price. So I'm not hitting any pipe son when I say I expect to not pay more than $50 for a 4 CD set.

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I agree with you completely on the prices being ridiculous. I'm just working it out backwards from what they're charging for the bigger sets and it doesn't seem likely they'd drop a whopping $130 by omitting the blu-ray and book.

Well they won't be getting my business then. I'm sure they'll lose sleep. I'm old so I still buy cds and if I have to wait for a used copy so be it. Maybe they value the book at $100 and the blu ray at $30? As I said my NITL Tour book was limited to 15,000 and came with guitar pics a pin,replica tickets,posters etc for $75 shipped so between that and what I got from Nightrain I'm good on the GnR trinkets for a while.

Edited by Subtle Signs

16 hours ago, Jeez said:

Usually so much hate for Frank, and love for Alder, while it seems we can't even tell who's even playing on GNR.fm :P

My money is on Adler. It sounds a little like Frank, but I think that is more because of the horrible triggered gated snare sound and bass drum, similar to the sound from the tour. The playing style sounds more like Adler.

Let's put it like this: If it is Frank his groove has improved and he has done a soundalike job.

6 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

They will sell a ton. The 10,000 set will sell out (probably not right away) but there’s enough gnr fans around the world willing to pay $700 for this, they had people paying over a grand for vip tickets at concerts last year. 

It’s a really cool set and you gotta think between the 5 members they will hand these out to family and friends so that’s going to take quite a few away. But again I don’t think they will run into a problem of selling these. 

Two grand but you got to take a picture near Frank's drums. Surely that and a dj (not Ashba)spinning all the gnr hits is worth 2 grand to you? I'm just kidding. I say live and let live ,whatever floats your boat.

16 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

This is brilliant. It's expensive, sure, but I look at it as a way to pay back to the band. 

For what? All this band has ever done is milk the fans dry and offered very little in the way of substantial musical content for years? Why do they need to be "paid back"?

• Like 1

Just now, Towelie said:

For what? All this band has ever done is milk the fans dry and offered very little in the way of substantial musical content for years? Why do they need to be "paid back"?

I have barely spent any money on the band in my entire life, a few records now and then, that's all I've paid for, and a few concert tickets. And what have they given me back? Countless hours of music enjoyment, and 3 decades of free entertainment. I have received lots more than what I have paid for.

• Like 4

The maths really don't add up.

24 released tracks,

Appetite (12)
Live Like A Suicide (4)
Lies (4)

And the following b-sides (6)

It's so Easy, Knockin' on Heaven's Door and Whole Lotta Rosie from Marquee 1987 
Shadow of Your Love demo with faux live
Shadow of Your Love demo 
You're Crazy acoustic 

(There is also the Don't Cry demo which is from this period).

I make that 26 songs!

Well, I suppose we'll find out soon enough!

Edited by DieselDaisy

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I have barely spent any money on the band in my entire life, a few records now and then, that's all I've paid for, and a few concert tickets. And what have they given me back? Countless hours of music enjoyment, and 3 decades of free entertainment. I have received lots more than what I have paid for.

Would like this more than once if I could. 100 percent my view.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Your post represents me. Thanks!