Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

All 49 unreleased tracks from the Appetite era? They have to give us at least ONE new song, right???? I was one of five people to wait outside of Best Buy in 2008 for CD, damn it!!!!! If it’s just one new track, I’ll wait again.....well, I’m going to wait anyway, but still...just give us something! 

5 minutes ago, Lio said:

But 49 unreleased songs! That's so many. What are we to expect? Like 3 versions of SOYL and a few versions of Don't Cry? Or will it be 49 different songs?

I think it’s 49 different songs..They talk about 49 unrealized tracks, they don’t mentioned versions..Well, IDK. :shrugs:

Edited by Derick

god, this board sometimes :facepalm:

if you think "shadow of your love" was too shit to be on the album, then I don't know what to say. That song should have been included and it would have been a highlight on an album already packed with classics.

raw versions of UYI tracks featuring Steven on drums :drool: The way these songs should have been released in the first place. I guess that's also too shit for some people?

I feel, I hope, that it will be a boxset celebrating the best hard rock album in history. If there was ever one album that deserved it, it's appetite. Price is of no matter. Include as much as there is available. The appetite vault is deep, very deep. Early performances (and my god, did GNR sound absolutely menacing on stage back then), demo's, alternate versions, all featuring the one lineup that matters. Done right, this will essentially be an anthology. There could be so much here for the hardcore fan to study. I couldn't care less about the reasons they do it for. To line up their pockets? Fine by me! I'll hand them my hard earned cash with the biggest smile on my face. So call me a fanboy, cos guess what... I am!

This boxset will be the centerpiece of my collection. All of it's expensive cardboard, vinyl and plastic that you guys think will cost way too much, regardless the price. I'll gush over the artwork, the pictures, the hidden gems, the unheard music.... all of it! even if it's only 3cds, like the master of puppets "mini" deluxe version, it'll still be the release of the decade. A soundboard quality early concert, even if it's a compilation, is already worth the price of admission.

rant's over. you can go on moaning and complaining about the lack of chinese democracy II now

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, Lio said:

But 49 unreleased songs! That's so many. What are we to expect? Like 3 versions of SOYL and a few versions of Don't Cry? Or will it be 49 different songs?

I'm a little confused on that. There's the 4cd's with the 49 unreleased songs. Then, there's the 3LP sound city sessions with 25 unreleased songs from the 1986 sessions. 

I suppose the LP stuff is also found on the CDs. So in total there is 49 unreleased tracks. Please note that it says "tracks" and not "songs", there will by multiple versions of the same songs. Do NOT expect 49 unreleased SONGS. And even if these are unreleased (by the band), most of it will still not be UNHEARD by us. Most of them are already featured on various bootlegs and on Youtube. But, there will be something that is new to us, new songs (like The Plague) and new versions of songs we know.

• Like 1

Either way, exciting times ahead, with the tour kicking off again in a month and the release of this. We'll actually get to discuss NEW (old) stuff :wow:

I wonder if and how this will affect the setlist.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I suppose the LP stuff is also found on the CDs. So in total there is 49 unreleased tracks. Please note that it says "tracks" and not "songs", there will by multiple versions of the same songs. Do NOT expect 49 unreleased SONGS. And even if these are unreleased (by the band), most of it will still not be UNHEARD by us. Most of them are already featured on various bootlegs and on Youtube. But, there will be something that is new to us, new songs (like The Plague) and new versions of songs we know.

This. Most (if not all) of it will be demo's that have been on the bootleg circuit for a long time. Sure they'll be nicely polished, but still.  

Can't believe they would actually think a song we've all had since the 80s warrants being considering a "single."

I guess for the vast majority of the public it's "new"...but still.

Even Nirvana managed to release a really slick new complete song when they opened the vaults, and Cobain's been dead for 20 years.

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The cd part says tracks but the LP part says songs. Hmmm

So there are 73 tracks in total on the four CDs, 43 of them are previously unreleased. That means 24 of them are previously released. What are those?

1. Reckless Life (Live!? Like A Suicide)
2. Nice Boys (Live!? Like A Suicide)
3. Move to the City (Live!? Like A Suicide)
4. Mama Kin (Live!? Like A Suicide)
5. Welcome to the Jungle (Appetite for Destruction)
6. It's So Easy (Appetite for Destruction)
7. Nightrain (Appetite for Destruction)
8. Out Ta Get Me (Appetite for Destruction)
9. Mr. Brownstone (Appetite for Destruction)
10. Paradise City (Appetite for Destruction)
11. My Michelle (Appetite for Destruction)
12. Think About You (Appetite for Destruction)
13. Sweet Child O' Mine (Appetite for Destruction)
14. You're Crazy (Appetite for Destruction)
15. Anything Goes (Appetite for Destruction)
16. Rocket Queen (Appetite for Destruction)
17. Patience (Lies)
18. Used To Love Her (Lies)
19. You're Crazy (Lies)
20. One In A Million (Lies)

What are the remaining four previously released songs? Maybe Knockin' On Heaven's Door (B-side), Shadow Of Your Love (B-side), and Whole Lotta Rosie (B-side). Still one to go. Anyone wanna guess?

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

So there are 73 tracks in total on the four CDs, 43 of them are previously unreleased. That means 24 of them are previously released. What are those?

1. Reckless Life (Live!? Like A Suicide)
2. Nice Boys (Live!? Like A Suicide)
3. Move to the City (Live!? Like A Suicide)
4. Mama Kin (Live!? Like A Suicide)
5. Welcome to the Jungle (Appetite for Destruction)
6. It's So Easy (Appetite for Destruction)
7. Nightrain (Appetite for Destruction)
8. Out Ta Get Me (Appetite for Destruction)
9. Mr. Brownstone (Appetite for Destruction)
10. Paradise City (Appetite for Destruction)
11. My Michelle (Appetite for Destruction)
12. Think About You (Appetite for Destruction)
13. Sweet Child O' Mine (Appetite for Destruction)
14. You're Crazy (Appetite for Destruction)
15. Anything Goes (Appetite for Destruction)
16. Rocket Queen (Appetite for Destruction)
17. Patience (Lies)
18. Used To Love Her (Lies)
19. You're Crazy (Lies)
20. One In A Million (Lies)

What are the remaining four previously released songs? Maybe Knockin' On Heaven's Door (B-side), Shadow Of Your Love (B-side), and Whole Lotta Rosie (B-side). Still one to go. Anyone wanna guess?

It might include stuff from the 1986 Live From The Jungle EP. 

Or live B-sides from the AFD singles. 

Edited by username