Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

seems legit enough. some observations:

- it sucks that there doesn't seem to be a live show included (hopefully, its on one of the 4 cd's), let alone many of them. I'd thought that was a given.

- considering the previous point, I think I'd pick up the smaller 4cd version. after all it's the music I'm here for. archival material by the appetite 5. I can do without the wooden cabinet nonsense IF the price really turns out to be above the 500 number. 300 is what I'd pay for the cabinet, tops. Unless they include a number of live shows. that would really change things, but it seems unlikely. Axl sits on all these early live shows, what a waste of opportunity not to include them.

So 4cd it will be I guess. the music is all that matters. and I can't fucking wait.

Edited by action

In the video, after "3 LP Sound City session n' more," it says, "25 unreleased songs from the 1986 session". My problem is that the Sound City session contained 29 tracks, so some of them will not be included. Hopefully The Plague, Cornchucker Stomp and Untitled Song in Progress, will not be among those excluded.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, action said:

- it sucks that there doesn't seem to be a live show included (hopefully, its on one of the 4 cd's), let alone many of them. I'd thought that was a given.

Same here. Something like a Ritz '88 of Marquee '87 show would've made so much sense to include. 

• Like 1

the only thing Im really interested in is the music...the rest...meh...I would have loved it 20 years ago...but now...im not sure I see the point, esp after watching the video...and if the price is $600+, theres no fuckin way...

Edited by ASLayerAODsk
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

maybe the CDs have "unreleased" live shows and the demos are on the LPs only?

i am afraid its the live early shows mitch lafon mentioned

Maybe. Maybe. And Metallica mixed-and-matched formats with their Master of Puppets re-release; they even had a cassette in there with unique content. Under that scenario (49 cd, 27 LP) we'd have a grand total of 76 unreleased tracks! The problem with this scenario is the poor man's version wouldn't contain the b-sides/ep/demos. 

If those unexplained tracks are live shows I'd take that as good news though. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

In the video, after "3 LP Sound City session n' more," it says, "25 unreleased songs from the 1986 session". My problem is that the Sound City session contained 29 tracks, so some of them will not be included. Hopefully The Plague, Cornchucker Stomp and Untitled Song in Progress, will not be among those excluded.

Yep, I noticed that too, and I think the 4 that haven’t surfaced on boots (ie the 3 above + You’re Crazy acoustic), will be the 4 missing. Basically means it’s just 25 better quality versions of what anyone with an old bootleg or the internet already has.

I was trying to think if there had been 4 already released officially, but I think it is only Shadow from those sessions which got the official release. From memory the Don’t Cry demo that got officially released was from an earlier demo.

• Like 1

it seems like about 30 to 40% of the music is already released stuff (appetite eps, singles)

then it seems like maybe 50%-60% is unreleased (but circulated) stuff (sound city demos)

which leaves like MAYBE 1-5% of uncirculated stuff?

and no video/DVDs? seriously? guns n roses will release a wooden box full of crap but there is not even ONE video with a complete show from the appetite tour?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DIST said:

Strange Axl included that painting of Erin Everly

Well in the Robert John book there is also a picture of Axl and Erin Everly. And picture of Axl and Stephanie Seymour as well

From that unboxing video, I get the idea we'll only get the Sound City sessions and the Mike Clink session, which means we won't get the Mystic and Pasha sessions ... :facepalm:

On the other hand, the 'Shadow Of Your Love' preview is the Pasha version, and so is the 'Reckless Life' clip in the unboxing video, both without fake crowd noise, so I don't know what to think ...

I'd trade in all those stupid memorabilia for the one thing we need from this 'band' :  REAL GNR MUSIC, recorded between '85 and '96 !!!

• Like 1

Just now, LovelessNL said:

Would they do that? That would wind up all over usenet, piratebay etc within minutes?

Which is only a few minutes sooner than when people have to rip the cd's to mp3 first. It won't matter. 

• Like 1