gunsguy

Destruction Is Coming - gnr.fm - follow the thread for updates!

14 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

$180 for 4CDs seems a bit steep if this is the case.

You also get a book and a audio blu ray. That's not worth $200 to you? The book has previously unreleased photos from Axl's personal collection! Those will probably be leaked a few days before the box is released but for $200 they can be yours too.

Just now, Gibbo said:

Someone did say how many

10,000 locked and loaded. They froze the video and saw a numbered certificate. I doubt they sell all 10,000 at $700 US right away.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Italian girl said:

I don't need all that stuff.

Same here. It's cool if you're into it, but I personally never cared for demo versions of songs that I've already heard a million times. And those random items are cool for the kids, I would have loved a fake tattoo or GnR pick when I was 12, but I'm not anymore.

5 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Same here. It's cool if you're into it, but I personally never cared for demo versions of songs that I've already heard a million times. And those random items are cool for the kids, I would have loved a fake tattoo or GnR pick when I was 12, but I'm not anymore.

I'm almost 40. I'd like the gnr rings and bandana but not for $700. 

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

$700!?!?!

Not sure where you live but in New York we have state sales tax so if the rumored $650 price tag is true then yes $700 or so with sales tax. $650 x 8.25% in sales tax is about $703.

Edited by Subtle Signs

Just now, Subtle Signs said:

I'm almost 40. I'd like the gnr rings and bandana but not for $700. 

That price is ridiculous either way, but even for 5 euro I wouldn't pay for GnR posters or whatever else is in this boxset. But each to their own!

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

The dilemma with splashing out on something this collectible for 100s of $ is do you make use of the stuff that comes with it or keep it in pristine condition for fear of trashing future value?

If you give your kid the tattoos and the special bandana to play with that's the value diminished straight off.

Then again maybe life is too short to care. :lol:

• Haha 1

What do we think the normal deluxe will be priced at? $120? Weird that the apparant middle version is the only one on amazon...

2 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

UMG has pulled the highest-viewed Shadow of Your Love demo from Youtube on copyright grounds (at least in my country):

So are they hoping people with think this is a new song? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

The dilemma with splashing out on something this collectible for 100s of $ is do you make use of the stuff that comes with it or keep it in pristine condition for fear of trashing future value?

If you give your kid the tattoos and the special bandana to play with that's the value diminished straight off.

Fuck pristine condition. If you want to buy a box of novelty shit, it should be for your amusement, not for future value. As you say, life is too short. 

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 2

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

Yeah, well, summer is coming, I guess I could make use of those fake tattoos when I'm going swimming and look cool for the chicks... I hope they are waterproof.

• Haha 4

I would propably pay 700USD for new music, or a show with the original lineup; but frankly that kind of money for a whole bunch of merchandising crap, CDs, LPs  with 30 year old demos attracting dust ist not worth it for me....I don`t even have a CD player anymore. So I am out. Buit still a nice marketing campaign... 

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

Yeah, well, summer is coming, I guess I could make use of those fake tattoos when I'm going swimming and look cool for the chicks... I hope they are waterproof.

Wear it proudly,

448ff305d5dece783e129a09da7447c9.jpg

5 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Soo...any infos if we can get ONLY the CDs?

I'd imagine so. The casual fan wants just music so they aren't dropping $200 or $700. 

If there's 10000 of Locked & Loaded, and it's $650, I'm in. 

4 minutes ago, alfierose said:

So are they hoping people with think this is a new song? 

No idea, but it seems to reinforce the point that they will be pushing SOYL quite heavily as the new single, i think. None of the other demos have been removed, though none of the others are quite as popular as the one which was. 

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Wear it proudly,

448ff305d5dece783e129a09da7447c9.jpg

If only I had Adler's haircut... I'd be golden, no woman could resist me.

Just now, RussTCB said:

If there's 10000 of Locked & Loaded, and it's $650, I'm in. 

10.000 is lots and lots of available copies. Confident I'll actually be able to get one. but it better contains some live material, or it's a hard pass from me. 

it costs a dollar more, but you have something that someone else hasn't, I guess.

Just now, action said:

10.000 is lots and lots of available copies. Confident I'll actually be able to get one. but it better contains some live material, or it's a hard pass from me. 

it costs a dollar more, but you have something that someone else hasn't, I guess.

We can all have all the songs once it leaks. I'm old and like physical copies rather than downloads or listening on spotify. I was told I was hitting the pipe for wanting just the 4 cds for $50. Apparently that's too low of a price!