Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

The dilemma with splashing out on something this collectible for 100s of $ is do you make use of the stuff that comes with it or keep it in pristine condition for fear of trashing future value?

If you give your kid the tattoos and the special bandana to play with that's the value diminished straight off.

Then again maybe life is too short to care. :lol:

Fuck pristine condition. If you want to buy a box of novelty shit, it should be for your amusement, not for future value. As you say, life is too short. 

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 2

1 minute ago, alfierose said:

The dilemma with splashing out on something this collectible for 100s of $ is do you make use of the stuff that comes with it or keep it in pristine condition for fear of trashing future value?

If you give your kid the tattoos and the special bandana to play with that's the value diminished straight off.

Then again maybe life is too short to care. :lol:

Yeah, well, summer is coming, I guess I could make use of those fake tattoos when I'm going swimming and look cool for the chicks... I hope they are waterproof.

• Haha 4

I would propably pay 700USD for new music, or a show with the original lineup; but frankly that kind of money for a whole bunch of merchandising crap, CDs, LPs  with 30 year old demos attracting dust ist not worth it for me....I don`t even have a CD player anymore. So I am out. Buit still a nice marketing campaign... 

4 minutes ago, alfierose said:

So are they hoping people with think this is a new song? 

No idea, but it seems to reinforce the point that they will be pushing SOYL quite heavily as the new single, i think. None of the other demos have been removed, though none of the others are quite as popular as the one which was. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

If there's 10000 of Locked & Loaded, and it's $650, I'm in. 

10.000 is lots and lots of available copies. Confident I'll actually be able to get one. but it better contains some live material, or it's a hard pass from me. 

it costs a dollar more, but you have something that someone else hasn't, I guess.

Just now, action said:

10.000 is lots and lots of available copies. Confident I'll actually be able to get one. but it better contains some live material, or it's a hard pass from me. 

it costs a dollar more, but you have something that someone else hasn't, I guess.

We can all have all the songs once it leaks. I'm old and like physical copies rather than downloads or listening on spotify. I was told I was hitting the pipe for wanting just the 4 cds for $50. Apparently that's too low of a price!

4 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

We can all have all the songs once it leaks. I'm old and like physical copies rather than downloads or listening on spotify. I was told I was hitting the pipe for wanting just the 4 cds for $50. Apparently that's too low of a price!

Considering cd's are becoming obsolete anything more than $60 is just too much.

I hope people are happy with this, but I think my days of following this band's every move are coming to an end.

• Like 1

As an absolute DIE HARD RELIGIOUS FAN for many years this is extremely exciting .. the thought of Triple M Playing a brand new GNR SINGLE is just incredible :) N Yes I know its technically an old demo we all have

For me anyways this is just as exciting as a new album...technically it is a new album release especially if its a 2cd with re recordings like SOYL :)

Edited by tim10101
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Now that Shadow of your Love is essentially 100% confirmed to be the new single, what do you guys think the odds are of the band performing it in the upcoming shows? It would be a mindfuck to see it performed live after 30 odd years.

I think its safe to say they will be playing it on the upcoming shows. Not sure what we'll get tomorrow, maybe they'll even add a few North-American shows in support of this release?

Edited by LovelessNL

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Now that Shadow of your Love is essentially 100% confirmed to be the new single, what do you guys think the odds are of the band performing it in the upcoming shows? It would be a mindfuck to see it performed live after 30 odd years.

I think we all need a breath of fresh music from the guys even if it’s SOUL or old stuff.Would be super cool to watch