Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

Just now, tim10101 said:

Im sorry if I sound harsh. I do understand its an old song. But the fact its a new recording with Axl n Slash together to me is thrilling :)

It's all good mate. :) Not too sure if it's a new recording though. The guitar lick sounds new, but vocals sound like old Axl. If it is actually a re-recording, and if that is actually modern Axl (which i doubt), then i would be really surprised.

I think it's cool they're doing something special for AFD, but the fact that there's not even an exclusive single by the new lineup greatly disappoints me, and pretty much confirms that we're never going to get any new music. I was really holding out hope that they'd put out a new single as a way to push sales, but alas. 

11 minutes ago, tim10101 said:

This Negativity is seriously BS...... AXL N SLASH TOGETHER ON A NEW SINGLE. Let that sink in. Seriously wtf is wrong with some of you

But its not a new single.

This is Cool (minus the price), but its not new

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tim10101 said:

This Negativity is seriously BS...... AXL N SLASH TOGETHER ON A NEW SINGLE. Let that sink in. Seriously wtf is wrong with some of you

Some people actually think about what you might reasonably expect and what's a fair price for something. 

They also take the time to read up on what we're actually looking it here. 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tim10101 said:

I guess that initital Axl Vocal coming in to me sounds extremely like newer Axl.....I do apologize if im wrong...

You really believe they wouldn't have put in the video that Axl and Slash did a new recording of a song for the boxset for the first time in over 20 years then? rofl

3 minutes ago, action said:

"old" and "new" are relative terms in GNR land.

the "new" music that was released in 2008 contained vocals recorded in the '90s.

the UYI albums contained material written before some songs on appetite.

This. And as said before, some people also fail to see the difference between "unreleased" and "unheard". 

Edited by username
  • GNFNR 1

37 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Thats true, but I just don't get all the negativity around this and the band in general. I think its exciting, even though I'm not 100% sure I'll buy this box if its just each song 3 or 4 times in different demo versions. If you don't like this box, if you dont like the singer (anymore), if you dont like the reunion, if you dont like the setlists, if you dont like the shows, its all good man. But why torment yourself and go on here just to repeat the negativity with every step the band takes? I just seems like a tremendous waste of time to me.

Huh? I didn't read any of that from what he posted? :question:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruel Intentions said:

I think it's cool they're doing something special for AFD, but the fact that there's not even an exclusive single by the new lineup greatly disappoints me, and pretty much confirms that we're never going to get any new music. I was really holding out hope that they'd put out a new single as a way to push sales, but alas. 

It’s an AFD reissue. A reissue campaign which will eventually be followed by UYI if all goes well. What benefit/purpose does releasing a new song do or fit in w this project? This keeps the bands name fresh while they are on break after a multi year world tour.

The time to release new music is when they have a big tour to sell, not after. Timing is everything and albums promote tours these days instead of vice versa 

• Like 1

I still say it is the Mike Clink version.

These type of things, big archival projects, serve a different purpose to normal studio albums. It is unfair to beat it over the head for being something it is not, namely a new original studio album. If this was between albums you'd say, ''this is a nice diversion''. I have to confess though that I owned all of the circulated 1986 demos, stuff like ''Welcome to the Jungle'' #3, on bootleg and never listened to them. I think it was because Appetite had such a brilliant sound that it always sounded very much inferior (it would've been different if they messed up Appetite's production like they did with Illusion). These things you tend to listen to once or twice and say ''that is interesting'' before chucking in a cupboard. How many people still listen to the Hollywood Rose thing?  

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

The lithos are totally unnecessary and diminish the product. They seem to have put that Arian Buhler to work to come up with these quick time. They have no connection the products they are supposed to represent (original material from 31 years ago).