What do you want to see in a Use Your Illusion box set?

With the new AFD box set, let's brainstorm what we want to see in a Use Your Illusion box set since it seems inevitable at some point

My requests:

-Lies, along with demos/outtakes

-Use Your Illusion demos with Steven on drums

-Blu Ray of the 1991 Ritz show that was supposedly filmed in HD

-Blu Ray of a movie made from the countless hours of backstage footage that was shot on the UYI tour - let's have a neutral director sift through that and edit it to show what really happened. 

-Spaghetti Incident alternate takes

-Sympathy for the Devil without Paul Huge

-Sympathy for the Devil with Slash's take on the solo before Axl made him go back and re-record it to sound more like the Stones version

• Like 2

The only thing that I want is the Perfect Crime documentary that never saw the light of day. And anything live from the UYI tour. 

Now, wake up and get back to work, this will never happen.

• Like 1

As far as I'm concerned, I'd prefer footage-oriented material, cause UYI tour is just EPIC! Not that I wouldn't wanna hear new songs along the lines of Breakdown and Locomotive!!!

-- On another note:

- Demos with Steven on drums.

- Raw version Slash talked about - without synths and layers

- Perfect Crime documentary

- 18 minute November Rain version

- Live footage of the Estranged music video concert (Munich 1993)

- Live footage of behind the scenes for November Rain music video shoot (where Axl sings Dead Horse)

- ALL of the PRO-SHOTS (Argentina, Chile, Paris, Ritz... especially the ones with Izzy in 1993)

- ALL of the BEHIND THE SCENES (such as Greece 1993 or Holland 1993 where Axl wears Guns N' Moses T-shirt.)

- Unreleased songs

And beautiful CONCEPT DESIGN and ARTWORK of the Illusion records. I am sucker for those. I don't think I have ever seen more beautiful artwork for an album as UYI.

LP's, CD's, T-shirts... you name it! Everything with UYI on it - I'll take it! 

Edited by scooby845
  • Like 2

Most of all the proshots. I want to see rare songs like Locomotive, Breakdown played live with good quality video, theres even other interesting stuff there such as Dust N Bones without Izzy in 1992. 2nd would be the backstage footage, and 3rd all the demos and alternate versions of the UYI songs.

Those 3 things should be mandatory. As they said, every single show was filmed. The one I want to see the most is the 2nd warmup show in 1991, as it was shot on actual FILM so it's movie quality, and it was the only other time they played Bad Apples live (1st song of encore) and also Shannon Hoon joined them for a song or two, (he is now dead so that would be extremely moving to see, especially in such amazing quality.)

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

My mistake, it was the show at Pantages Theatre that was filmed in 1991, not Ritz

05.11.91 - Pantages Theatre, Los Angeles, CA
opening act: Dumpster
set: Right Next Door To Hell, Mr. Brownstone, Dust N' Bones, Civil War, Godfather Theme, Pretty Tied Up, Live And Let Die, 14 Years, Yesterdays, Double Talkin' Jive, Patience, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Rocket Queen, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Estranged, Bad Apples, You Ain't The First [w/ Shannon Hoon], It's So Easy, Bad Obsession, Don't Cry [w/ Shannon Hoon], Sweet Child O' Mine
audio/video recording?: no
notes: The second secret warm-up gig for the UYI tour. Special guest performance by Shannon Hoon of Blind Melon. Tickets printed for this show had the date 5.5.91.

The unreleased video for Mr. Brownstone was shot at Pantages: