DeadSlash

Your thoughts on the Shadow of your Love single?

I have to admit they made it sound way better than it really is.

Miracle of computers and nowadays technology I guess :shrugs:

Video is cool but I would have liked more animation.

• Like 3

Axl is God of slowliness - 32 yeara from initail recording to release :D

CD is made and released fast comoared to SOYD :D

Yeah, the production sounds great indeed.

Can't wait to hear their next single, Crash Diet, on such quality.

• Like 2

Sounds AWESOME. Way better than I though. New fish sounding. Makes me hop the rest came out this way too! Just imagine if they'd keep recording. Hopefully a success so they release more stuff!!!!

It would be like hearing Anything Goes as a unreleased track if it didn’t make it on AFD. I put it into that category. But still cool, it’s fresh to my ears with the new quality so I’m liking it but I’ll soon get tired of it 

• Like 1

Sounds fantastic. I love it. 

Agree with everyone else. It's not a great GNR song, but a killer tune none the less. 

It will interesting to see how this songs does on the radio, Youtube, etc.

It's a good rocker song and for the general public it is new. So maybe it will show the label and the band that there's interest on new material. That would be great.

Also I would like it to see it being played in Europe

• Like 1

Embarassing lyrics. But after all, sounds great, and again, after all, it is a new song, even if it was played at the 80s or was a leaked demo. If they release Silkworms tomorrow, I would say it's a new song too.

But the important thing of Shadow of Your love, is that, this is the first song released in 10 years. I still do think this is a test, they want to know if this song works as a single, to test if the world would buy new music or not. I'm very happy, this is the first step for REAL new music.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Raykugen said:

Embarassing lyrics. But after all, sounds great, and again, after all, it is a new song, even if it was played at the 80s or was a leaked demo. If they release Silkworms tomorrow, I would say it's a new song too.

But the important thing of Shadow of Your love, is that, this is the first song released in 10 years. I still do think this is a test, they want to know if this song works as a single, to test if the world would buy new music or not. I'm very happy, this is the first step for REAL new music.

Yeah, this is what I think too. Hope the song does great!

I don't know why I get so excited for GnR to get mainstream airplay now, I don't even listen to the radio or anything.  I think them being popular again will make me feel like "I told you so." to the shit who grew up on Beiber. 

Just now, Manfisman said:

Yeah, this is what I think too. Hope the song does great!

I hope that is right.

Sounds like new guitar work and possibly new vocals. I prefer the demo versions from back in the day, but this one still kicks butt too. 

Too polished and slow. The 'wake up it's time to play version' is by far the best, raw and fast with some of Axl's best ever singing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Triple m Sydney played it twice at 2pm and the people calling in loved it.... 

i watched the YouTube and realised I’ve been singing it wrong for 26 years

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Ass kickin no bullshit r'n'r. I think Slash may have laid a new solo down on that.

Definitely new guitar work. Likely new vocals too. Doesn't sound like any of the previous versions. 

The lyric video is incredibly lazy :lol: but it's a good track to get some radio play across the board