Your thoughts on the Shadow of your Love single?

15 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

NOT re-recorded.

Original recording from the Mike Clink try-out session, with modern day remix/remaster. 

It even says so in the tracklist description.

dont you think the guitar solo and some other lead guitar parts were added recently?

that thing sounds awful to my ears

it truly sounds like something done very recently

i think slash live-eraid us

14 hours ago, action said:

Perhaps this comes from hearing mickey too much during the tour, and now I hear mickey everywhere

:lol:

14 hours ago, action said:

But listen to that first line and tell me there isn't something "off" with it.

i get the "off" feeling at the OH NO scream at 1m51 and then again at the MHMM that Axl does right after

Vocals n drums def sound old, sounds like the version off of that Hollywood rose album I bought years ago. But the guitars and bass are definitely re-recorded for sure. Especially that guitar, it sounds nothing like the Chris Weber solo, and is unmistakenly slash.

4 hours ago, Tyler Drama said:

Have you guys never seen a lyric video before?

i have and this is not one of the good ones

looks cheap, uninspired and amateurish

i suppose they could pay 3.000 USD for some talented college kid to do something like 18 times better than this hahahaha

hey maybe they did exactly that but guess what it seems like they chose the wrong untalented kid!

7 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Ok, so... The new vocals sound quite a bit different imo. Axl isn't as high sounding as he was on the original demos... makes you wonder. Obviously that's a new guitar parts from Slash, and Duff in the beginning ALSO sounds new. Duff didn't sound like that in the 80s. 

Listen for yourself.

Wake up time to play version

if back in 1986 they had done the "wooohh-wooohhh" backing vocals on the faster "wake up time to play" version they would have had the perfect version!

1 hour ago, fernomenoyde said:

i think this is a mix of old and new recordings, including some extra (female) voices on the back.

dont you think the wooooh wooooooh backing vocal parts sound exactly the same as in this version below?

to me they sound absolutely identical (but much clearer) on this new version

I love it. It sounds a little slower than other versions which I don't mind. I also think this has a mix of old and new on it. I'm gonna guess at least some is new vocals guitar etc.

3 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

dont you think the wooooh wooooooh backing vocal parts sound exactly the same as in this version below?

That could be part of the old. 

I agree with others it sounds like new and old. They may have rerecorded some to make it cleaner and tighten it up a bit.

19 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Yes, you're right sir. backing vocals parts are the same but improved :slash:

9 hours ago, cpaxlvacy said:

At least the vocals and the guitars. But i must dare to say that the whole song was re recorded!!

OK, my GNR worship goes way over 25 years...I dare say I can recognize some things...I would dare say that rhythm guitar is Izzy but it is not the parts from any of the previous Shadow of your love recordings.

Was this the reason why Meeghan/Duff/Slash posted bday wishes and old pics? Very possible. Is Izzy back in the band? We would have to wait till the next time they get on stage. Fact is, everyone is tight liped eversince they last got of the stage. Also, Meg/Duff/Slash did not remember Izzy or his bday the last couple of years.

Also, drums are Adler, but those are old.

Guitars/bass/vox are new.

I am surprised so many people think that these are new Axl vocals!  To me they are very very clearly old school Axl vocals, very 1986 of him

As for Slash's leads, now those I definitely thought were a re-recording because of the tone and guitar phrasing, however it is possible that they took the lead and added a bunch of processing to it in a DAW to modernize the tone a bit possibly? 

>everyone complains about Chinese material being the core focus of GNR since ‘98 and how they’d hate the idea of hearing anything else from the CD era in favor of appetite era stuff

>new appetite era single is released with a new box set coming out with over 40 unreleased tracks from the era

>everyone still complains

Guns are in a lose lose situation. Whatever they do, they’ll piss off someone.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ludurigan said:

that may not be your case, but some of us have been listening to this band for our entire lives

i noticed live era had fake vocals in a matter of minutes

it was REALLY easy to tell

I'm one of those people. I'm just not that far up my own ass.

8 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

>everyone complains about Chinese material being the core focus of GNR since ‘98 and how they’d hate the idea of hearing anything else from the CD era in favor of appetite era stuff

>new appetite era single is released with a new box set coming out with over 40 unreleased tracks from the era

>everyone still complains

Guns are in a lose lose situation. Whatever they do, they’ll piss off someone.

Where's the new single?

Honestly I don't get where all these fan hype and d*ck stroking on this song comes from...

This is a song which has been released "officially" in numerous times starting from Live From The Jungle EP and a single in Illusions era, and later on diff versions such as Hollywood Rose.

Would be mind blown if this single was a totally unheard song,

but all these excitement around the forums about an average song that wasn't good enough to make it into any albums, seriously?

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 2