Your thoughts on the Shadow of your Love single?

3 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

but all these excitement around the forums about an average song that wasn't good enough to make it into any albums, seriously?

It is almost like.... opinions on songs are subjective and people like the song even though you don't ;)

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

It is almost like.... opinions on songs are subjective and people like the song even though you don't ;)

9 minutes ago, fernomenoyde said:

Billboard Argentina says it is a new single indeed, and considering it has never been released as single, wel... it is a new single. Not new song for the most of us, but for another 7 billion people it is.

https://postimg.cc/image/xu02oum1j/ 

Then congratulations Axl on finding a new way to tackle your laziness! just put out almost any demos and release them officially and bingo! no one's complaining about lack of new material ^

Should we compare such releases then the Hollywood Rose "Roots" release is way much higher on the top with distance from this whole boxset bullshit.

GN'R fan expectation = 0

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Confused 1

I'm just so excited!!! GOD!!! NEW SONG!!! SHADOW OF YOUR FUCKING LOVE!!!!!!!! IT'S JUST AMAZING YAAAAAAY!!!!

Took my changes carelessly I said I choked on my own cigarette!! OMG!!! Masterpiece!!

Who needs new album!? No body! Can't wait to hear "my way your way" 4th version! Why we fans are so fortunate?! OMG! OMG!

Just now, DeadSlash said:

There are definitely new parts in it, but I don't think anyone thinks it is 100% new recording.

Yes, there is new parts there in my opinion at least.

4 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Then congratulations Axl on finding a new way to tackle your laziness! just put out almost any demos and release them officially and bingo! no one's complaining about lack of new material ^

GN'R fan expectation = 0

We all know Axl, Slash, Duff... why they're not writing music right now? WAIT! Do we really now they're NOT writing music all trought the tours? Have any of us been there with them to say there's nothing new coming?

1 minute ago, ©GnrPersia said:

I'm just so excited!!! GOD!!! NEW SONG!!! SHADOW OF YOUR FUCKING LOVE!!!!!!!! IT'S JUST AMAZING YAAAAAAY!!!!

Took my changes carelessly I said I choked on my own cigarette!! OMG!!! Masterpiece!!

Who needs new album!? No body! Can't wait to hear "my way your way" 4th version! Why we fans are so fortunate?! OMG! OMG!

I get your point, but we wanted this stuff too.  It's not like fans weren't looking for any of this.

6 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

If you don't like it, dont listen to it. If you're not a fan, at least try not trolling fans. Basic.

I have all the right in the world to be excited, to be even horny because of the new/old song and you have NOTHING to say about that.

Edited by fernomenoyde
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

>everyone complains about Chinese material being the core focus of GNR since ‘98 and how they’d hate the idea of hearing anything else from the CD era in favor of appetite era stuff

>new appetite era single is released with a new box set coming out with over 40 unreleased tracks from the era

>everyone still complains

Guns are in a lose lose situation. Whatever they do, they’ll piss off someone.

They can put out a new song, a new album, reunite the AFD lineup  or Illusion lineup, Axl can bring back that full rasp or whatever...People will still complain ! I have no doubt about that..Hard-core world is a fkn crazy world! Complaining and make drama is as necessary as breathing.  :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, fernomenoyde said:

We all know Axl, Slash, Duff... why they're not writing music right now? WAIT! Do we really now they're NOT writing music all trought the tours? Have any of us been there with them to say there's nothing new coming?

My friend you're either way new to this or can not remember the limbo we forum people went through during the bloody 2003-2008 era.

Axl won't release anything new anymore. even CD wouldn't come out if it wasn't for record company pressure...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

There is literally nobody on this forum who went "we don't want a new GNR album because we have this"

It seems like you have a problem with people liking a song you don't, and actually having positive feelings.  Chill out man, no need to be so miserable

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

There is literally nobody on this forum who went "we don't want a new GNR album because we have this"

It seems like you have a problem with people liking a song you don't, and actually having positive feelings.  Chill out man, no need to be so miserable

True! I have zero feeling about release of a song that I've been occasionally  listening to for the past 20 years.

I'm not miserable. Miserable are those who pay 1000 bucks of hard working (or maybe parents?) money on this bullshit.

My friend you're either way new to this or can not remember the limbo we forum people went through during the bloody 2003-2008 era.

Axl won't release anything new anymore. even CD wouldn't come out if it wasn't for record company pressure...

A few things:

I am in this forum since 2002 i think.

I'm listening GN'R for 25 years now and attended to the end of the Skin And Bones tour 1993

I have a youtube channel dedicated to GN'R with multicam videos and before that i used to remaster many shows shared on this very same forum

2003-2008 era was great, specially 2006 with Finck on fire

Back in 1995 i used to program "shadow of your love" on my cd player to wake me up in the mornings

Are you really trying to see who has the longer one?

• Like 3

Just now, fernomenoyde said:

A few things:

I am in this forum since 2002 i think.

I'm listening GN'R for 25 years now and attended to the end of the Skin And Bones tour 1993

I have a youtube channel dedicated to GN'R with multicam videos and before that i used to remaster many shows shared on this very same forum

2003-2008 era was great, specially 2006 with Finck on fire

Back in 1995 i used to program "shadow of your love" on my cd player to wake me up in the mornings

Are you really trying to see who has the longer one?

All the respect man. I enjoy your multicam works.

It's just our opinion is different.

Cheers.

4 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Miserable are those who pay 1000 bucks of hard working (or maybe parents?) money on this bullshit.

If people like what they get when they buy it, how is that them being miserable?

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

I used to do that too, in high school.

I'd be sleeping deeply and then Axl would scream "WAKE UP!!!! IT'S TIME TO PLAAY!!!!!"

So how in the world can you possibly be excited about the fact that a song you've heard a million times for over 25 years is being promoted as "new?"

I get it, if you're 17 and you just discovered GNR last year when they came to town.  But you're not.  We've been around for decades.  Yes, it's cool to hear an alternate take on the song we've never heard before, but I can't possibly pretend to be excited about it as if it were a NEW song like some of you are doing.

Imagine if Axl got off his lazy ass and put in 2 and a half hours of work on laying down vocals for a NEW 3 minute rock song they whipped up.  Fucking hell, my brain would explode.

3 hours ago, ludurigan said:

slash, on the other hand, it seems like he live-eraid a lot of it

if those lead parts are from the original tapes, then they have been so poorly mixed that it sounds completely alien to the song

1 minute ago, estrangedtwat said:

I used to do that too, in high school.

I'd be sleeping deeply and then Axl would scream "WAKE UP!!!! IT'S TIME TO PLAAY!!!!!"

So how in the world can you possibly be excited about the fact that a song you've heard a million times for over 25 years is being promoted as "new?"

I get it, if you're 17 and you just discovered GNR last year when they came to town.  But you're not.  We've been around for decades.  Yes, it's cool to hear an alternate take on the song we've never heard before, but I can't possibly pretend to be excited about it as if it were a NEW song like some of you are doing.

Imagine if Axl got off his lazy ass and put in 2 and a half hours of work on laying down vocals for a NEW 3 minute rock song they whipped up.  Fucking hell, my brain would explode.

Thank you very much for rephrasing my exact thoughts nicely.

Read this @WhazUp & @fernomenoyde

1 minute ago, estrangedtwat said:

Is there anyone saying that this is the same as a completely brand new GNR song though?  All of us are definitely well aware of the song and its history

I am excited because it is a very cool alternate take, and a modern mix that is great to hear, on a upcoming box set filled with great demos that are taken straight from the source, as opposed to bootlegs were the generations and sources can be questionable.

That is something that is a great thing, and I am celebrating that.  I don't think this release is perfect - I would definitely change one or two things, but hey I am glad it is happening and I am glad AFD is finally getting a deluxe box set

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, uzilover15 said:
The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
I know England has its problems but the video shouldnt be banned

it was like that when first released. been on all day friday then off again couple of hours ago

All the respect man. I enjoy your multicam works.

It's just our opinion is different.

Cheers.

Ok, i know you can feel frustrated, i'm just saying there's no need to be hostile with people who likes this new/old song. That's all. I really hope we can all get to hear a new record and they call even Tracii Guns so everyone is happy, but as you said (and you are right on that point) i don't think Axl is going to surprise us in (at least) some time.

This is a lazy band, we all know that, and we love them anyway. So, my choice is: i'll get what i can and i'll be happy with that.

Cheers from Argentina.

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Is there anyone saying that this is the same as a completely brand new GNR song though?  All of us are definitely well aware of the song and its history

I am excited because it is a very cool alternate take, and a modern mix that is great to hear, on a upcoming box set filled with great demos that are taken straight from the source, as opposed to bootlegs were the generations and sources can be questionable.

That is something that is a great thing, and I am celebrating that.  I don't think this release is perfect - I would definitely change one or two things, but hey I am glad it is happening and I am glad AFD is finally getting a deluxe box set

100% agree with you