Your thoughts on the Shadow of your Love single?

1.  I get it that it isn't "new" but it's a mix we never heard, and it's the best sound quality we ever heard.  I don't think it's a sin to be excited about it's release.  I don't think you need to be a "kid" to be excited.

2. What were people expectations?  Did people think we were getting a brand new album?  I thought we were getting a remastered AFD, SOYL this clean is a great get, I think we're getting a Heartbreak Hotel and Jumping Jack Flash this clean too.

3. We certainly shouldn't be arguing with each other!  Shit, if someone is happy, let them be happy!  Why would it upset someone if I'm happy to hear a clean SOYL?

Honestly, this reminds me of the first time I discovered bootlegs, I drove an hour to a place called "The Princeton Record Exchange" to pay $40 for the "Unwanted Illusions" bootleg.  Putting it into perspective, it's been literally like 25+ years since I first heard these demos and been dying for a clean copy.

6/29 We get them!  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Good, Fuck'n, Night. said:

Anyone who thinks those vocals are somewhat recent need to lay off the cool-aid.

Missed my point: They're close enough to what he was still able to do in 2016 and that's pretty amazing. Like someone else said, only Steven Tyler could probably achieve the same. 

Just now, Jordan Rose said:

Missed my point: They're close enough to what he was still able to do in 2016 and that's pretty amazing. Like someone else said, only Steven Tyler could probably achieve the same. 

May be a somewhat controversial opinion, but i think Axl has almost come full circle in being able to perform similarly to his early years.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Shit song.  For anyone to suggest that this could have made it onto AFD is ludicrous.

If this is the pinnacle of the unreleased stuff in the "vault" then someone should fill said vault with concrete and spare the torment.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 3

Definitely new vocals and guitar parts re-done.

The approach was that they didn't wanna go away from the Original track, but they wanted to give it a little push on the quality of the recording. My Opinion.

It definitely spiced it up!

Edited by Propaganda

I love the new version of the song - Aint going down would be killer reworked as well --The Plague ? never heard that one before - I remember in a magazine interview when the band was still together around 1995  that SLASH mentioned a couple song titles - Nightcrawler , This I love , and Aint going down  was some working titles they were working on , never heard of the Plague though 

4 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

May be a somewhat controversial opinion, but i think Axl has almost come full circle in being able to perform similarly to his early years.

What? lol.. .He still has some killer moments but overall his performances are just a shell of what they used to be.

I see some Chinese fans r going nuts cause Shadow is out and doing great (possibly greater in a day than the whole Chinese era) and their beloved silkworms not. 

Its good to taste your own poison, isnt it? You guys were always cursing people who didnt like CD, now its your time. 

:rolleyes:

Edited by default_

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

What? lol.. .He still has some killer moments but overall his performances are just a shell of what they used to be.

Perhaps what i should have said is i feel Axl performs closer to his early years than he has in a long time. He makes use of clean vocals and rasp, and while it isn't as powerful as it was in the early days, i think in that sense he has nearly come full-circle in his style. 

I listened to it about 15 times yesterday

5 minutes ago, default_ said:

I see some Chinese fans r going nuts cause Shadow is out and doing great (possibly greater in a day than the whole Chinese era) and their beloved silkworms not. 

Its good to taste your own poison, isnt it? You guys were always cursing people who didnt like CD, now its your time. 

Almost 1/2 a million views on Youtube already

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, default_ said:

I love ChiDem myself, and my username is Live Like a Suicide, lol. 

I would honestly prefer ChiDem2 tracks over Shadow of Your Love, but i am happy we finally get a professionally-mixed official single release of it. 

I guess most here have already listened to the song a million times and would like something more exciting.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I guess most here have already listened to the song a million times and would like something more exciting.

Thing is, WHY were people expecting something "more exciting" in a AFD boxset? Makes a total of zero senses. lol 
They did a box covering that era and thats it, no idea why people expect new songs or CHINESE unreleased stuff on this, its laughable. 

• Haha 1

Silkworms can suck a dick!

The Chinese Democracy era is Dead! Gone! Shelved! And Thank God for that!

All the hoarders, all the drama, all the self-called advocates of the band, all that industrial crap...Fuck That! I would rather have remasters of the whole discography.

Maybe when they get to CD, if they get to it at all, you'll get your freaking silkworms. Shiiiiiiiiiit....

4 hours ago, Propaganda said:

Definitely new vocals and guitar parts re-done.

The approach was that they didn't wanna go away from the Original track, but they wanted to give it a little push on the quality of the recording. My Opinion.

It definitely spiced it up!

Who re-did the guitar parts since Slash's girlfriend said that he didn't? Buckethead?

Why does everyone refuse to believe that it is a reprocessed/remastered version of an old demo? Don't you think if any of it was new that they would promote that to sell more downloads/drive more views?

Axl's voice sounds basically the same as the old Hollywood Rose demos. The "female" backing vocals sound just like Duff on WTTJ.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Who re-did the guitar parts since Slash's girlfriend said that he didn't? Buckethead?

Why does everyone refuse to believe that it is a reprocessed/remastered version of an old demo? Don't you think if any of it was new that they would promote that to sell more downloads/drive more views?

Axl's voice sounds basically the same as the old Hollywood Rose demos. The "female" backing vocals sound just like Duff on WTTJ.

Axl's vocals don't sound the same, and it wouldn't be much time consuming to lay vocals just for one track. Especially when it was an already existing song.

If you listen to the Hollywood Rose demo and the new track, you will notice the differences.

I don't believe in what Meegan just said to be honest.

Oh and they are promoting it!  Hello ?!?!? Lyric Video, Single of the whole Boxset (even though this is their greatest album and feature)...

Edited by Propaganda

Took my chances carelessly 

Said I choked on my own cigarette

What a opening line! 

Anyone else notice how Axl loves to end his notes with his really deep snarl sound? He really started doing that during the illusions. I never noticed this on any of the previous Shadow demos... could he have actually just re recorded 2 or 3 lines of the song or just dubbed on a few lines? I’m not sure.... obviously 95% of the singing was done in 86.