Your thoughts on the Shadow of your Love single?

1 minute ago, EvH said:

Average song. Would have definitely been the weaker track had it been included on Appetite.

This new old version is not as good as the one featured on the LALD single.

That one is just not polished. Not saying it isn’t good, it’s just raw sounding with very little editing I think.

25 minutes ago, Nice Boy said:

One of my favourite GnR songs, glad it's getting hype in 2018 !

The new one as I've heard recently on youtube seems to sound different to the 2 old versions though, could someone please tell me what the consensus is on if it is from the vault, or with parts re-recorded? (It would take me ages to look through 17 pages!)

According to Marc Canter, there was a version of it they had recorded with Mike Clink (it was a test recording and that had led them to pick him as producer) which is not one of the two old versions and has never circulated in bootlegs. The promo for the box set says that it's that unreleased Mike Clink recording remastered. 

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, donny said:

its baffled me. first we couldnt watch it. then we could(for about 16hrs) now we cant. theres people from all over the world on this forum and no complaints from them. just UK and ireland 

It’s totally ridiculous now, it’s going to be a missed opportunity to get this song heard here.

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It’s totally ridiculous now, it’s going to be a missed opportunity to get this song heard here now.

and they are here next month with unsold tickets, you would think they would want to promote themselves as much as possible.

could be licencing issues with the song or VEVO in the uk. 

have you noticed they have disabled the comments on the video now ? 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, donny said:

its baffled me. first we couldnt watch it. then we could(for about 16hrs) now we cant. theres people from all over the world on this forum and no complaints from them. just UK and ireland 

Yeah, it's saying it's been deleted in my favourites (UK poster). Weird.

17 minutes ago, donny said:

and they are here next month with unsold tickets, you would think they would want to promote themselves as much as possible.

could be licencing issues with the song or VEVO in the uk. 

have you noticed they have disabled the comments on the video now ? 

I can’t see the comments either. We can’t can’t see it, we can’t hear it and we can’t talk about it :lol:

Thanks GnR! 

1 hour ago, GNRfanJen said:

Which I'm sure is their intention.

Casuals will believe it's a new song, thus keeping them engaged with the band for the foreseeable future in the hopes of a new album. Brilliant marketing, really. 

I mean, why not just record an actual new song then..

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I can’t see the comments either. We can’t can’t see it, we can’t hear it and we can’t talk about it :lol:

Looks like that's the only video that they've turned the comments off.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Thanks GnR! 

wait till they find out people from the UK have been talking about it on this forum. we will all be on the naughty step

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, AncientEvil80 said:

It's also my opinion there is very little chance this is just a spruced up version of a 1986 recording. On this latest SOYL, Axl is singing with techniques that he never even dared to dabble with (probably even knew of/how to...) back in good old 1986. 

Just get behind a VPN!

Can I just ask which techniques you're referring to?  Because the way he sings on SOYL is very similar to how he sings on My Michelle.  One of the reasons My Michelle is my favourite AFD song is because Axl's vocals for that are slightly different to his vocals on the rest of the album (in my opinion anyway).  They oooze venom and malice and I always thought he sang with a slightly different tone for that one.  I think it's funny that even when he's trying to be encouraging in the last verse he still sounds like he wants to kill someone. :lol: I'm no expert on vocals, but that's just my interpretation.  

9 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Can I just ask which techniques you're referring to? 

I think the vocals are 80's.

Slash's guitar work on that solo sounds looser/more Illusions era to me.

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Consensus in this forum?? :lol:

Its pretty much like 1 faction thinks all of it its from 1986. Another faction thinks its all brand new. And another faction thinks its a mix of both.

LOL, yep. Slash's girlfriend claims there is nothing new. Interesting if true. The lead guitar sounds a lot more like 2010's Slash than 80's Slash. 

41 minutes ago, B17NNS said:

They really don't like the UK. :D

The only item showing in the store now is SOYL.

https://umc.lnk.to/GunsNRosesAFDUM

We can't pre-order the box sets.

dont go to guns n roses.com. go to gnrmerch.com. there is even a UK version with everything in pounds and pence and no import/export charges so the distribution centre must be in the EU somewhere. i want both the shadow of your love t shirt and the locked n loaded long sleeve shirt. these have a release date of 29 june. a release date for music yes but a bloody shirt ?????

https://uk.gnrmerch.com/

Edited by donny