Your thoughts on the Shadow of your Love single?

10 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I respectfully disagree.. For the most part he consistently sounds terrible for at least half of every show.. 

The past two years have been his most consistent and he did everything with AC/DC a half step up. 

10 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

It's #178 for all genres on iTunes and #44 in the iTunes pop genre chart because the album is mislabeled by Apple as "pop" instead of "rock."

Wtf.... That's complete bullshit.

Wonder who dropped the ball on "pop"

Edited by Order of Nine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Yeah, I was surprised when I downloaded it on my iPhone and it said that. :lol:

ND2FFK7.jpg

I was seriously losing my mind trying to find it.. it's playing on stations in the entire country I knew it had to be somewhere!

Edited by Order of Nine

5 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

His last couple solo albums he was pretty adamant about recording straight to tape. Maybe this time he went the Pro Tools route because he didn't have as much time and he was using his own home studio.

I wonder if they would even consider using drum replacement... I still don't think it's Popcorn playing but a band with that kind of budget (and UMG footing the bill) would have all the resources to record it properly.

Oh yeh it's definitely popcorn, I meant that each time the snare or whatever drum is hit a signal of a sample drum is triggered rather than physically re-recording Adler or some other session guy like KISS did with the alive records. Maybe that's what you thought I meant though, but just in case😀 

To my ears that's Steven, but the mix overall is completely different to AFD his kick drum is closer to an old Zeppelin record than AFD.

It's cool they are making an effort to give us die hard fans something "new" but I can't say I'm super excited because I had this as a b-side on the Live and Let Die cd single from the early 90's and various versions have been floating around for years now. I was SUPER EXCITED to hear about the AFD box set but $999.99?!?! Damn. Hopefully if it does well they will release a similar type of box set for the Illusion albums. Maybe one for UYI1 and one for UYI2.

6 hours ago, Lio said:

No, it's a 1986 recording, per GNR's facebook:

I don't think that means anything.  We didn't get confirmation on Live Era until years later, right?

People are debating the vocals, but I think the fanbase is like 85% in agreement that is not 1986 Slash.  Who knows, there might be legal reasons they need to say that.

Edited by DeadSlash

I have to say I always rather liked ''Shadow of Your Love'', but I cannot bring myself to listen to this much because the entire ''boxset'' thingy is making me utterly nauseous. 

I did listen to it once and it sounded like, well, ''Shadow of Your Love''!

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I have to say I always rather liked ''Shadow of Your Love'', but I cannot bring myself to listen to this much because the entire ''boxset'' thingy is making me utterly nauseous. 

I did listen to it once and it sounded like, well, ''Shadow of Your Love''!

Never change my dude, your hot takes are needed in times like these.

My turn, when they said destruction was coming, they meant destruction...to your wallet!

That being said, the production on this is pretty great. Would love to see what they could do with the UYI stuff more than AFD.

8 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Video is passed 600k now.

has anyone heard the song on the radio yet btw?

I've been waiting to see if SiriusXm picks it up on any of their rock stations. They have a few channels dedicated to just hard rock that you would think would be starved for new material. But haven't heard it on there yet.

On May 4, 2018 at 2:49 PM, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Somebody else mentioned there's not much buzz about the song though...not trending on iTunes, and not much in terms of likes and retweets and what not, on the various social media.  I hope that doesn't affect prospects of actual new songs being released?

My local rock station hasn't played it but did play WTTJ to announce the release of the box set/ reissue. Im thinking they are unaware of the new single. I even emailed them and havent heard back.  I think that theres been holes in the roll out and that hopefully media and fans will all catch on soon and drive the single up the charts!

Im sure this being successful would encourage new songs :headbang:

Edited by soon
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1