Your thoughts on the Shadow of your Love single?

6 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

It's pretty common now, every station I've been at since like 2005 has had live chat etc.   Some dj's are super lazy or antisocial, outside of that, it's so close to automated now, you have a lot of free time.

You are DJ too?

29 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

1m in 3 days is really bad these days

Some live videos from the NITL tour have like 5-6-7m. New song by GnR should have 10m by now but I guess people aren't that stupid to not release this isn't new :lol: 

That logic doesn't make much sense. You can't compare. At minimum any NITLT show would be from November so even if that has 5 to 6 million views  (which I doubt) it would have taken 6 months to get there so to be honest I think the ratio there helps SOYL and I think 1m in 3 days is pretty good. Think positive folks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

1 million is good no matter how you slice it. Especially for a 30 something year old demo that was just dropped out there.. It isn't like there is a big push behind the song to promote it. 

It's not good in 2018. It's on par with stuff like Stone Sour or some other mid level rock band.

GnR has around 3m views on youtube per day (one of the highest of all bands) and now it had around 3.5m for 2 days and it got back to normal. Which means that nobody really gave a shit about this

• Like 2

I will admit I am a little disappointed in the number of views the song has gotten so far. Sure 1m views is great, I mean it's 1m, but in today's day and age some random YouTuber can get that in the same amount of time if not less. But this is GN'R, one of the greatest rock bands of all-time, releasing something that at least to the general public believes is new. Now GN'R isn't exactly mainstream like say an Ariana Grande or Selena Gomez or whoever else so I'm not saying I was expecting an astronomical number but to just crack 1m, kinda wish there was more hype than just that. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

I will admit I am a little disappointed in the number of views the song has gotten so far. Sure 1m views is great, I mean it's 1m, but in today's day and age some random YouTuber can get that in the same amount of time if not less. But this is GN'R, one of the greatest rock bands of all-time, releasing something that at least to the general public believes is new. Now GN'R isn't exactly mainstream like say an Ariana Grande or Selena Gomez or whoever else so I'm not saying I was expecting an astronomical number but to just crack 1m, kinda wish there was more hype than just that. 

This is a good thing - they have to offer something more exciting if they wanna be relevant again. New music, for example.

On 5/6/2018 at 9:29 AM, RussTCB said:

I'm out of town this weekend but Meltdown was asking me for all the details about the song on Friday, so I was assuming WRIF started playing it. 

I've only heard it once.  Later that day the DJ was talking about the new single and box set, then played knocking on heavens door.  Really disappointed me. 

30 minutes ago, yourcrazy said:

I've only heard it once.  Later that day the DJ was talking about the new single and box set, then played knocking on heavens door.  Really disappointed me. 

WRIF isn't my favorite lol but then again not many rock stations are all that good. I try not to discuss the station that much with Meltdown because it'll just be me saying variations of "Hey, rock radio sucks!" lol

3 hours ago, Nicklord said:

It's not good in 2018. It's on par with stuff like Stone Sour or some other mid level rock band.

GnR has around 3m views on youtube per day (one of the highest of all bands) and now it had around 3.5m for 2 days and it got back to normal. Which means that nobody really gave a shit about this

Whatever lol.... Like I said, they just dropped it out there.. It isn't like it is a new single from a new album that is being pushed by the band or any record company.  This is a 30 year old DEMO.. Which by the way you could find online since youtube existed. No one is saying it is a smash hit but to try and label a demo that has been floating around for 30 years as some kind of failure comes of as kind of pathetic really. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

True that. 

But one cant expect much from a video that is basically a still angry skull and some girl looking at him in thw darkness :lol:

For videos to become viral (hence get loads of views) they actually have to be interesting and get people's attention.

Maybe if they had done a kick ass animation things would be different.

OK people...The Shadow of Your Love Lyric video has only been out for what, 4-5 days now, and you all are complaining about it ONLY having 1 million views??

Compare this....Black Label Society's latest official video for the single, "Room of Nightmares" has been on Youtube/Vevo for 7 months now, and just now hit 1 million views last week. 

Also, Five Finger Death Punch put out a lyric video for "When the Seasons Change" on the same day as Shadow of Your Love, and it only has 718,000 views currently.

• GNFNR 2

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Whatever lol.... Like I said, they just dropped it out there.. It isn't like it is a new single from a new album that is being pushed by the band or any record company.  This is a 30 year old DEMO.. Which by the way you could find online since youtube existed. No one is saying it is a smash hit but to try and label a demo that has been floating around for 30 years as some kind of failure comes of as kind of pathetic really. 

Well it is a failure. I want GnR to succeed but you can see fans changing from the start of a tour to now. There're literally 5% of good comments about this box cause it's an overpriced crap. They tried to sell Shadow Of You Love like it's a new song and failed. They deleted a lot of fan videos of that song cause of it. They had big world promo thing going on and failed to create any hype. 

Even look at here, there was discussion about it all up to the release info and now it all died down.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Well it is a failure. I want GnR to succeed but you can see fans changing from the start of a tour to now. There're literally 5% of good comments about this box cause it's an overpriced crap. They tried to sell Shadow Of You Love like it's a new song and failed. They deleted a lot of fan videos of that song cause of it. They had big world promo thing going on and failed to create any hype. 

Even look at here, there was discussion about it all up to the release info and now it all died down.

Because now we know what it is but can't actually buy it for 2 months, so what's there to talk about?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

I disagree, they didn't try to sell SOYL as a new song, from what I have seen it was just a release to gain hype for the box set.  These expensive box sets are things only big GNR fans would shell big bucks for by design, I can see a lot of profit made on the 2 CD set for those who like GNR a lot but are not as fanatical

The discussion dies down because that is normal, we are all aware of the box set info now, and what is there to discuss until we actually have the audio to dissect and the physical items announced from the set in the people's hands?

Not that I think the box set stuff is perfect, however I would say it is far from like failure status

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 2

Yes, I do not have much of a problem with ''Shadow of Your Love'' being a sort of single (singles do not really exist now, do they?). There are far more pressing problems with this boxset, like the fact it is £850 of completely worthless tat, the tackiest sort of (skull embellished) tat one would generally find in a lower-end music shop for pennies.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, slitherz said:

Anyone who says 1M on Youtube is bad... Wtf? New Alice In Chains single with actual video is about 700K

youtube is the main way to listen to music today, and it's the most revolutionary app ever created.

SOYL is weak, not contagious.

• Confused 1