Your thoughts on the Shadow of your Love single?

58 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

I think Muse (dubstep) and Coldplay (pop duets with Rihanna) did follow the crowd. Never far away from the dreaded millennial whoop either.

But then again Slash worked with Fergie and doesn't mean he follows the crowd. Coldplay doesn't have to do a duet with Rihanna, they're already the most popular act on Earth.

Muse's dubstep track was an album track, it wasn't a single or anything. It was just them trying to blend something new with their style and they even played all those woobs and shit on a guitar. An album before they tried to blend their sound with a full on symphony orchestra

Edited by Nicklord

2 hours ago, tremolo said:

Your post doesn’t make any sense because you’re starting from a fallacy. I actually like those bands (except from Coldplay, which I consider the lamest, most overrated glorified turd that has come out in a while, but that’s beyond the point). I wouldn’t say those bands have a unique sound, come on man. The Killers is not rock, it is pop. Their sound is pretty derivative, nothing new or unique there buddy boy, but they are fucking great, and remind me a lot of The Beatles and Nirvana: it’s all in the fucking melody, nothing too crazy, unique, intricate... it’s just good music, and their drummer is really fucking good. The fact that it’s pop music doesn’t make it any less valuable.

I’m not married to any genre in particular, so there goes your point.

"Coldplay doesn't even qualify as music" was your comment. I'd say that's not starting from a fallacy of you not liking Coldplay at all. I'd say it's obvious you don't like or respect them because they don't make music you personally like.  It's you saying they're no good to anyone at all, and shouldn't make music. 

There's no band that sounds like Muse. Or The Killers or Coldplay for that matter. They're all unique at what they do, and you instantly know it's them as soon as you hear them- all 3 have progressed too through their career. Nothing wrong with any of that. 

I'm not sure why there is any need to label Muse, The Killers or Coldplay as rock or pop. Serves no purpose to anyone. 

14 hours ago, tremolo said:

Yeah, Coldplay sucks, it’s the only band of the ones mentioned that I truly believe are just an overrated pile of steaming shit, but I won’t derail the thread going in-depth on how much they suck.

Some people seem very upset that their favourite bands are not considered rock by others, as if that meant they are a bunch of pussies. Hopefully those affected will get over it and have a good night sleep tonight.

In the end it doesn’t really matter. There are so many genres and sub-genres with so many things in common that the label you put on it is irelevant.

The only thing that we can make out of this is that Coldplay sucks, always did and always will. And that Chris Martin should be fed to hungry pigs on pcp. These are scientific undeniable truths.

Did Chris Martin kill your friends and family or something? 

So much hate for a musician :lol: 

Edited by Nicklord

7 hours ago, MildlyArtistic said:

A man who spent of most of the 80s, 90s, and 2000s strung out on drugs the way he did is not someone I'd trust to accurately tell us whether or not that's his playing.

This ☝️

I wouldn't trust Adler's memory to recall a song he played on 30 years ago. I also wouldn't trust the judgment of someone that thinks Constantine sounds better than Axl. :blink:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RazorGunner said:

This ☝️

I wouldn't trust Adler's memory to recall a song he played on 30 years ago. I also wouldn't trust the judgment of someone that thinks Constantine sounds better than Axl. :blink:

I would actually not trust the judgment of someone who thinks Axl(current Axl) sounds better than anybody. There is a long list of singers that sound better than Axl now. You have to be pretty bad to not be on the list.

21 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

I would actually not trust the judgment of someone who thinks Axl(current Axl) sounds better than anybody. There is a long list of singers that sound better than Axl now. You have to be pretty bad to not be on the list.

I disagree- Axl has an amazing range and voice.  

Nobody sounds better on GNR songs than Axl- certainly not some Broadway poseur. :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

I disagree- Axl has an amazing range and voice.  

Nobody sounds better on GNR songs than Axl- certainly not some Broadway poseur. :D 

Yes such amazing vocals kicking in at 1:00 - no way can a broadway posuer beat that. Incredible

Then Rocket Queen - check out those powerful vocals at 2:28 OMG

How about this epic Axl vocal at Apollo of Yesterdays - EARGASM

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2018 at 12:45 AM, NostalgiaGoddess said:

I listened to it on Spotify while waiting for my dad to pick me up from college. I was pretty much excited throughout the song, I loved how energetic it was. Can't wait for more unreleased tracks (or hopefully some new songs)

Yay another young person! Welcome! Nice sig btw

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Yes such amazing vocals kicking in at 1:00 - no way can a broadway posuer beat that. Incredible

I was actually AT the Apollo show and Axl sounded great. :) 

We will simply have to agree to disagree.

You may be one of those "fans" @Fernando was talking about.  :hahafyou:

16 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Anyone can cheery pick imperfections in the age of youtube, and I bet someone could cherry pick great moments just as easily.  I am happy with Axl's overall vocals from 2016 till now

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

Anyone can cheery pick imperfections in the age of youtube, and I bet someone could cherry pick great moments just as easily.  I am happy with Axl's overall vocals from 2016 till now

I did not cherry pick anything trust me. Literally just typed guns n roses + songtitle + 2017. They are all the same. I defy you to link me one great performance of any of those linked songs, from last year.

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I did not cherry pick anything trust me. Literally just typed guns n roses + songtitle + 2017. They are all the same. I defy you to link me one great performance of any of those linked songs, from last year.

I dug the Forum stream overall.  I still listen to it and enjoy it vocally

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RazorGunner said:

I was actually AT the Apollo show and Axl sounded great. :) 

We will simply have to agree to disagree.

You may be one of those "fans" @Fernando was talking about.  :hahafyou:

Haha sorry can't take you seriously if those performances fall under the category of " sounding great".:lol: Thanks for the laugh n a 1/2.

• Like 1

Just now, WhazUp said:

I dug the Forum stream overall.  I still listen to it and enjoy it vocally

Overall the vocals are still good. My point is, on certain songs, and not few, even a douchebag non-talent like Constantine gives Axl a run for his money. However some people here actually consider those vocals to be "great" so what can ya say?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Overall the vocals are still good. My point is, on certain songs, and not few, even a douchebag non-talent like Constantine gives Axl a run for his money. However some people here actually consider those vocals to be "great" so what can ya say?

Well I know what we can all say! That opinions are subjective for sure, to me whenever we get into the "Axl sounds like shit" "No he doesn't" "Yeah he does" thing, there is never a time where it doesn't devolve very very quickly lol.  If a dude was at the Apollo show and he thought Axl sounded great, who am I to discount his experience?

Edited by WhazUp
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Well I know what we can all say! That opinions are subjective for sure, to me whenever we get into the "Axl sounds like shit" "No he doesn't" "Yeah he does" thing, there is never a time where it doesn't devolve very very quickly lol

I find it hard to believe that people who are familiar with Axls vocals from even as recent as 8 years ago listen to those videos and go "that sounds great". Yes it is subjective, but come on you got to be joking at some point.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Haha sorry can't take you seriously if those performances fall under the category of " sounding great".:lol: Thanks for the laugh n a 1/2.

That's my opinion and I was there. 

This is subjective, nothing to laugh about at all, I guess you are easily amused or trolling. :monkey:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I can't take you seriously if you think Constantine gives Axl a run for his money :D 

Ludicrous and laughable.