Your thoughts on the Shadow of your Love single?

Why would they want to test the waters with a new single? They are still popular judging by their touring. I don't think they are testing any waters with this single. I'd be surprised if they really cared about it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm assuming this is one for the two Mike clink songs. The other being Move to the City acoustic. Which I presume will also be produced to the same high standard. The rest of the tracks in the set are of demo quality? 

How will the rest of them compare to the ones that have already been available on bootleg?

Check the official LALD-single. On the B-Side there already is SOYL demo version from Sound City. GN'R got, again, their info/credits on it wrong there though. But that's definately the one from Sound City ("Wake Up, Time to play...."-vocal intro) which also made it on this 2018 box release. Mastered/edited some differently most likely, but there you have something to rate the quality.

• Like 1

I thought it was clarified on the other thread that this is a remaster of the Mike Clink recording which never circulated in bootlegs. It's not one of the versions that have been around.

And now that we heard the full song, are there still people who believe that it's current Axl on the vocals?

As a song it's nothing special, imo. It's a very old song anyway, it even may go back to Indiana. But the band, Axl's vocals and the production elevate it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

And now that we heard the full song, are there still people who believe that it's current Axl on the vocals?

Listen to it again. And again. And again. Good. Now listen to any SOYL back in the days. Good.

It's NOT Axl 1986, for FUCKING SURE. 

You people are delusional. Like, BIG TIME.

1 minute ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Listen to it again. And again. And again. Good. Now listen to any SOYL back in the days. Good.

It's quite clearly early Axl, though i do hear some parts which may have been edited for effect (like the 'ugh' after the second chorus).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

I don't think they are 1980's vocals either. 

5 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

And it's what? Axl 2016?

I don't hear any significant difference from Axl's voice here, for example (from 1986):

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

It's quite clearly early Axl, though i do hear some parts which may have been edited for effect (like the 'ugh' after the second chorus).

Quite clearly? WTF you guys been smoking. Of course it's the same person, so it will sound similar even 30 years apart.

But what's clear is that vocal arrangements (choice of notes) and delivery (technique), point without a single doubt that it's definitely MATURE AXL. 

In the studio Axl has all the time to nail every single part to his liking. So of course he's not gonna sound as shitty and Mickey as live. But it's there, fellas. You can't hear it, well, shame on your ears. Just listen to the "I ain't standing.." at 1:38 or even more so, the "OH NO" at 1:50. 

After this, I'm done trying to make you see it. It's useless.

• Haha 1

The vocals are 1986. Infact, they couldn't sound any more 86 if they tried.

Any of you actually see the old boots from that time at the Roxy shows? 

I'm not a big fan of his voice back then and that's why I am absolutely certain it's 1986.

Especially when people are coming out with ludicrous statements that Frank and Melissa are involved.

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Sure it is.  With modern technology, new production methods, etc...you can remaster a song from 1950 and make it sound like it was made in 2018.  

2 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

I firmly believe its  all 86. Why would he bother to rerecord a few words. It's credit to axls singing in 2018 if it's confusing people though..

Haha, after the nice operation on Live Era, I'm not surprised at Axl and his psychotic recording mania's anymore.

It's possible that the final product is a mix of both 86 and current Axl, but I think less likely cause it's actually more work for everyone involved. 

12 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Shadow of your love sounds good... I still think it's been rerecorded. The production and timbre of the entire thing is way too different and modern to be an old 80s recording that's been cleaned up.

:facepalm:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Sure it is.  With modern technology, new production methods, etc...you can remaster a song from 1950 and make it sound like it was made in 2018.  

Of course. But again, it's needless work. Would Axl want that? Who knows. I say it's rather more likely he recorded the whole vocal part all over 100%.

Just like Slash recording new solo lines for it, MATURE SLASH. But hey, I guess there will be peeps saying it's Slash 1986. Fucking hilarious.