Your thoughts on the Shadow of your Love single?

There's no way on god's green earth that Axl went into a studio and re-recorded vocals for a b-side from 30 years ago.

What the fuck is wrong with you people?  I know you desperately NEED to believe that this is "new" but it's NOT.

If it were in any way shape or form a new recording, it would have been announced in press releases.  We'd have seen footage of Axl in the studio.   Hell, those autists from Argentina had spy footage of him rehearsing with ACDC....how the fuck would they not know about a new GNR recording??

It's an old demo.  It's been cleaned up beautifully.  The label is pretending it's a new single cause they know they're never gonna get an ACTUAL new single outta Axl.

Damn, you people are nuts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

What the fuck is wrong with you people?  I know you desperately NEED to believe that this is "new" but it's NOT.

We need to believe, and I also believe in mermaid since I saw that video on youtube

I don't get people saying "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU FOR BELIEVING THAT IT'S NEW VOCALS???"

I don't know what to believe and if I had to decide I'd say it is new, but I don't go around saying "ARE Y'ALL STUPID IT'S OBVIOUSLY FROM 2017, SHUT UP AND BELIEVE IN WHAT I SAY"

We just DON'T know for sure if it's new or not.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

I think it's pretty fucking cool that there's genuine confusion about whether the vocals are 32 years old or new. Couldn't happen with any other rock singer. 

Steven Tyler could re-record a song from 30 or 40 years ago and have it sound very similar.  He might not be able to hit the highest notes live these days but overall his voice sounds the same on most songs.  More impressive since he just turned 70.

• Like 1

To my ears, it’s just been mixed really well, so well that it would sit alongside anything on AFD. I gave it a good blast driving home in my car tonight, and it sounds killer!

My mates reckon Slash’s lead guitar parts are new in that they reckon it sounds like modern Slash style, but I dunno, that tone to me sounds just like AFD, just really well mixed. 

Either way, it sounds great. Can’t wait to hear the rest!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

I don't get people saying "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU FOR BELIEVING THAT IT'S NEW VOCALS???"

I don't know what to believe and if I had to decide I'd say it is new, but I don't go around saying "ARE Y'ALL STUPID IT'S OBVIOUSLY FROM 2017, SHUT UP AND BELIEVE IN WHAT I SAY"

We just DON'T know for sure if it's new or not.

My main point of concern with this conspiracy theory that something was rerecorded on this track labelled as a Mike Clink 1986 recording is that if the band had rerecorded a song for this boxset, then that would have been advertised to fuck to promote this boxset. You don't just leave out a MAJOR marketing selling point like that. Also what would they gain by "hiding" rerecorded parts? None of it would just make any sense.

What I think most people is throwing off is the amazing quality that can be achieved by remixing and mastering with 2018 technology, and Axls voice. Listen to the January 1986 SOYL live recordings or even something like the 86 Back Off Bitch Demo and Axls vocals got very clean parts in them that you'd associate with the current era.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

My main point of concern with this conspiracy theory that something was rerecorded on this track labelled as a Mike Clink 1986 recording is that if the band had rerecorded a song for this boxset, then that would have been advertised to fuck to promote this boxset. You don't just leave out a MAJOR marketing selling point like that. Also what would they gain by "hiding" rerecorded parts? None of it would just make any sense.

What I think most people is throwing off is the amazing quality that can be achieved by remixing and mastering with 2018 technology, and Axls voice. Listen to the January 2018 SOYL live recordings or even something like the 86 Back Off Bitch Demo and Axls vocals got very clean parts in them that you'd associate with the current era.

I think people associate Axl with chainsaw rasp, but in the early days there wasn't nearly as much. His current  live vocals of sweet child are actually close to the mark compared to AFD, just lacking some strength perhaps. 

As for this song, my best guess is 86 but there are parts that sound suspect, and given Live Era, I think some parts have been touched up.

I think some people just can't wrap their minds around s new single, like they had convinced themselves that it couldn't happen. Now it has, it must be because the label need it, not the band. Which is utter garbage, the band obviously stand to benefit as well and ate big enough of an entity to not be bullied into releasing a song they don't want to.

• Like 1

Just now, estrangedtwat said:

Live Era.   1999.   Axl was more elusive than Bigfoot.   No such thing as camera phones.

2018 says hello.

today there are camera phones, yet until last week not a living soul knew this was even coming at all

It's good - sounds like it was entirely recorded and mastered for Appetite but left off

I'm more interested in hearing the mystery second song that the unboxing video says will be on there from the Mike Clink sessions

Don't Cry? Something we've never heard before?

Firstly, my guess is its old vocals with slash coming in and reworking a new solo, and bits and pieces added to it. 

Basically, they've taken an old shell of a car and put some new parts on it . Bits and pieces over the top, but it's still a 1980s car. But it's been cleaned up well. 

I don't know what to think. I'm caught. 

The guitar work is good, and Axl sounds fucking great. The lyrics are dog shit and the film clip is lazy. 

Id give this a 6.5 out of ten overall. 

Edited by Tadsy
  • Like 1

Just now, TheSeeker said:

It's good - sounds like it was entirely recorded and mastered for Appetite but left off

I'm more interested in hearing the mystery second song that the unboxing video says will be on there from the Mike Clink sessions

I think that's the acoustic version from the Lies sessions of Move To The City. Hasn't been out before I think?

4 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

From Rolling Stone:

"The unreleased audio features a wide array of material. There are the two songs Guns N' Roses cut with Clink, "Shadow of Your Love" – recorded during a trial session that earned Clink the production job – and an acoustic version of "Move to the City,” which was recorded during the GN’R Lies sessions. The set also boasts two early versions of "November Rain," two unfinished songs, "The Plague" and "New Work Tune," as well as several covers: Elvis Presley's "Heartbreak Hotel," Aerosmith's "Mama Kin" and acoustic and electric versions of the Rolling Stones' "Jumpin' Jack Flash.""

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-detail-massive-appetite-for-destruction-box-set-w519800

• Like 1

There's no evidence that this is anything other than a 1986 demo.

You want to believe it's more, but "believing" doesn't make it so.

Same as the piano cover of Estranged.  Some members here insist til they're blue in the face that it's an actual "demo" by Axl, and only he could ever play piano that way, etc etc.

Yet when presented with EVIDENCE that it was a cover from 2002 by a South American pianist, they still insisted it was Axl.

People ignoring evidence and just clinging to their beliefs about this band infuriate me.  Why spread misinformation?  Why be so stubborn as to refuse to accept reality?

I'll concede that it's within the realm of possibility that Axl Rose, documented curmudgeon who hates laying down vocals, was convinced to go into a studio at the age of 56, and despite making something like 250 million dollars last year, felt the need to lay down some "new" vocals on a 30 year old throwaway b-side......but that seems really fucking ludicrous doesn't it?

If he really did that, don't you think that would be the number one selling point, before the faux leather and hand made cross?  You know..."Axl and Slash's first studio GNR collaboration in over 20 years!!"   Would be a bit of a big deal, no?

• Haha 1

NOT re-recorded.

Original recording from the Mike Clink try-out session, with modern day remix/remaster. 

It even says so in the tracklist description.

Please stop spreading nonsense.

If you have a hearing disorder, I feel sorry for you, there's nothing we can do for you here, but please stay out of a discussion about music if you can't HEAR anything !

Please ban anyone who keeps saying this recording features known schmucks/con artists/imposters like Frankie Ferrari and Melissa Ricci.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

NOT re-recorded.

Original recording from the Mike Clink try-out session, with modern day remix/remaster. 

It even says so in the tracklist description.

Please stop spreading nonsense.

If you have a hearing disorder, I feel sorry for you, there's nothing we can do for you here, but please stay out of a discussion about music if you can't HEAR anything !

Please ban anyone who keeps saying this recording features known schmucks/con artists/imposters like Frankie Ferrari and Melissa Ricci.

it's ok for you to have a different opinion. You say not re-recorded, I say it possibly has new bits and pieces. Like they have done before, on an entire album (live era).

but to call for a ban of people with different opinions, really? calm down already. Have a cold one like a jupiler or something (now called belgium). Its really not that big of a deal.

5 minutes ago, action said:

it's ok for you to have a different opinion. You say not re-recorded, I say it possibly has new bits and pieces. Like they have done before, on an entire album (live era).

but to call for a ban of people with different opinions, really? calm down already. Have a cold one like a jupiler or something (now called belgium). Its really not that big of a deal.

Opinion ?  Waar heb je het over :P ?

Cold hard FACT.

NOT re-recorded !