Your thoughts on the Shadow of your Love single?

1 minute ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Opinion ?  Waar heb je het over :P ?

Cold hard FACT.

NOT re-recorded !

:lol:

to this day people are surprised Axl re-recorded his vocals for live era. There was no announcment, there was no purpose and if anything it made the songs worse.... yet he did. Why? anyone's guess.

my final say on the matter is, I hear the first line Axl sings and I hear mickey. Call me crazy, but I do. Perhaps this comes from hearing mickey too much during the tour, and now I hear mickey everywhere, I dont know. But listen to that first line and tell me there isn't something "off" with it. I'm really not that sure.

Really loving SOYL!  New release and its a nice rocker.  Whats not to love?  As others have mentioned the AFD style mix of guitar interplay is so welcomed.

I love that we get an Axl voice bit at the very end.  Classic.

Im not loving the drum mix.  Snare is okay; great for this mix so thats what really counts.  The cymbals get buried in this mix too.  Oh well.  Great track all in all!  The high hats offer some sexy swing here and there.  And thats the secret sauce!

Edited by soon
  • GNFNR 1

16 minutes ago, action said:

:lol:

to this day people are surprised Axl re-recorded his vocals for live era. There was no announcment, there was no purpose and if anything it made the songs worse.... yet he did. Why? anyone's guess.

my final say on the matter is, I hear the first line Axl sings and I hear mickey. Call me crazy, but I do. Perhaps this comes from hearing mickey too much during the tour, and now I hear mickey everywhere, I dont know. But listen to that first line and tell me there isn't something "off" with it. I'm really not that sure.

Sounds like clean '86 Axl vocals to me.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Opinion ?  Waar heb je het over :P ?

Cold hard FACT.

NOT re-recorded !

God you are the worst poster. So cocky and frustrating to read. You have likely single handedly discouraged dozens of people from commenting on various threads. 

Enjoying the more positive responses on this thread :) Gotta ask tho whats so rare bout the acoustic Move to the City? Im literally blasting it atm lol'Even Sid from GNR Central was like hed never heard of it n thinkin man you run a gnr channel n never heard of it? Kinda like how he never heard Goin Down LMAO

Sorry if I sounded disrespectful sid. :) Amazing channel n a huge aussie fan here

Edited by tim10101

9 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I've been listening on repeat all morning. I'm gonna be downloading it shortly. I think ALL of us need to pony up and download this, let's help it make an impact.

I'm not giving the record company shit.  The band already got a fuckload of my money last year.

If the record company wants my money they need to offer something NEW or of actual value to me...not a bunch of knick knacks in a box for a fucking grand.

1 minute ago, Juventino said:

I've always liked the song and enjoy the version which was released today, although my favourite remains the 'Wake up it's time to play'.

I've had that version set as my alarm clock soundtrack for a long time a couple years ago, still good to listen to even with this version out, something real great about the rawness of that

6 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

I'm not giving the record company shit.  The band already got a fuckload of my money last year.

If the record company wants my money they need to offer something NEW or of actual value to me...not a bunch of knick knacks in a box for a fucking grand.

I didn't say "spend a grand on the box" I said "download THIS song." It'll cost you like $1.30. That's too high a price tag? If WE (the fans) help blow this song up, it'll help lead to MORE new music!!!

6 hours ago, Derick said:

Yep.

you do realize that Melissa Reese wasn't even ALIVE when this song was originally written/recorded? :D Id guess its Traci Guns/Duff singing backup long before Id guess its Reese. We might as well throw on Buckethead, Brain, Finck, Arkeen, if we are throwing ppl on the song that are NOT in the credits. Youve obviously never written a song, or published anything. :P 

Edited by ASLayerAODsk

17 minutes ago, gjrip said:

God you are the worst poster. So cocky and frustrating to read. You have likely single handedly discouraged dozens of people from commenting on various threads. 

Good !

At least I'm not posting lies ...

6 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I didn't say "spend a grand on the box" I said "download THIS song." It'll cost you like $1.30. That's too high a price tag? If WE (the fans) help blow this song up, it'll help lead to MORE new music!!!

Nope.  If Axl wanted us to have new music, we'd have it.  It's clearly not a priority to him.

I ripped the youtube version for free.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Good !

At least I'm not posting lies ...

No, you post assumptions, which is just as bad. As for thinking that discouraging people is good, you might be misunderstanding the purpose of a forum. 

1 minute ago, gjrip said:

No, you post assumptions, which is just as bad. As for thinking that discouraging people is good, you might be misunderstanding the purpose of a forum. 

Ok then, glad we got that out of the way !

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

*gij

Your point being ?

listened about 8 times this morning.  Not sure if anything was re-recorded or not but the little "oooo" Axl does at 1:51 sounds more like something he would do now than he would of back then... Like when he adds that to Civil War live now..

Not saying anything was re-recorded or not just an observation.. Loving that there is a high quality version of the song out there for the world to hear \m/ 

24 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

listened about 8 times this morning.  Not sure if anything was re-recorded or not but the little "oooo" Axl does at 1:51 sounds more like something he would do now than he would of back then... Like when he adds that to Civil War live now..

Not saying anything was re-recorded or not just an observation.. Loving that there is a high quality version of the song out there for the world to hear \m/ 

I love it. It's great to hear a song from them with this production, regardless of what era. 

I think the classic rock stations will eat it up. What else is happening in the world of rock music? Nothing!

Edited by Order of Nine
  • Like 1