Your thoughts on the Shadow of your Love single?

I like the song and sounds great and I’ll definitely be listening to it a lot more times. IMO Slash’s parts sound re-recorded. And who would’ve thought we’d hear another single with Izzy and Steven on it 😁. But if I’m honest I’m nowhere near as excited about the song as I would a newly written song wether it was by the current line up or AFD5. 8/10 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

No Way!!! I love Reckless life.. That is a tough one.. I love every song on there... But if I HAD to pick I would say Move To The City or Mama Kin? Or you could just be a nice guy and let me have all 9 songs!

I’ve always thought that they should’ve just  put SOYL on Lies but if I was to swap it for one of the others I’d swap with Mama Kin after all it’s a cover. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

There's no way on god's green earth that Axl went into a studio and re-recorded vocals for a b-side from 30 years ago.

What the fuck is wrong with you people?  I know you desperately NEED to believe that this is "new" but it's NOT.

my thoughts exactly...

SOYL today I think is stronger than Move to the City. Certainly not Reckless Life. Saying that is hard. I really love Live Like A Suicide and Lies and think they perfectly represented GnR. To me Axl's vocals don't sound new but I also know what I've heard about Axl and that he's a perfectionist and has a REALLY hard time releasing anything until it's perfect in his mind so I don't know what to think about how much has been done to SOYL but I do know I like it and think it represents that time period for GnR  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Just got an email from Guns N Roses about the boxed set.

They called Shadow of your Love the "unreleased 1986 studio recording."

Is that not enough proof that this was not recorded or re-recorded in 2018?

LOL thats because it is a 1986 stuido recording, no one should be denying that...

What IS up debate IMO is whether the vocals/guitar parts have been at the least touched up and 'fixed',like the Live Era CD was. Certain points in the song REALLY sound like modern Axl would sound like, equally large chunk sof the song are clearly from 86 in terms of tonality. 

1 minute ago, koldweather said:

LOL thats because it is a 1986 stuido recording, no one should be denying that...

What IS up debate IMO is whether the vocals/guitar parts have been at the least touched up and 'fixed',like the Live Era CD was. Certain points in the song REALLY sound like modern Axl would sound like, equally large chunk sof the song are clearly from 86 in terms of tonality. 

I agree with this. 

This SOYL is undoubtedly from 1986, but it has also been touched up quite a bit. Whether that is restricted to simple remastering is unknown. I do think some of the guitar parts sound new, and even some Axl parts (like the 'ugh' at 1:50). 

11 minutes ago, Lim666 said:

32590307gq.jpg

32590308uk.jpg

If you have the chance, could you see if its in perfect time please?  Maybe run it to a click?  I'm just curious.  Think it could give insight into this recordings potential evolution.

7 minutes ago, The Dissident said:

I personally feel like this version should of replaced Anything Goes on Appetite. Which in my eyes is the only song on Appetite which was a waste of space.

You mean because of the lyrics? I think AG is just as solid as anything else musically, just the lyrics date it s little bit but whatever this was sleazy 80s LA rock.

Somewhat disappointed that this is the first “new single “ from the band in 10 years and it’s a song that’s 3 decades old.As for the song itself it’s just ok hard to make out what Axl is singing as far as the lyrics go the rhythm is pretty solid but it’s not nearly as good as anything on afd so I think that’s why it was in fact left off the album 

10 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You mean because of the lyrics? I think AG is just as solid as anything else musically, just the lyrics date it s little bit but whatever this was sleazy 80s LA rock.

Love AG.. I wouldn't change a note on Appetite

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scooby845 said:

I'm sorry for bothering anyone, me 3rd time posting this... 

but the drums sound nothing like Steven. As I said before, is it a double-bass pedal or what?

DID NO ONE NOTICE THIS?

Nah there's just some heavy mixing on the kick, i'm guessing it's still the original composition, though the sound of it is definitely one of the most stand-out things on the track mind..

• Thanks 1