Will AC/DC Record New Music With AXL ROSE? 'My Lips Are Sealed,' Says CHRIS SLADE

HyperFuzzFunnyCar

that's pretty amazing actually, can't wait to hear it. they are destined to create controversy with their lead singers. all 3 are excellent but different, neither one imitates previous one, while all compatible. I think Axl's style and tempo will suite them phenomenally. here is one Dutch soundboard recording, notice slightly slower tempo and change in the pacing increases the impact (instead of just rushing which they tended to do in later years, pre-Axl):

effortless Bon, and even here Angus was noodling unnecessarily..

ff into the future -> 2019:
modern day/mature Axl, modern day equipment, no strain of live act/touring, first proper studio recording since the 90s with actual band behind him - it's gonna be fn epic!
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2018 at 9:30 PM, Georgina Arriaga said:

This is the interview with Chris Slade in Jericho's, include a joke from Duff at the beggining

https://omny.fm/shows/talk-is-jericho/tij-ep463-acdcchrissladereturns-fullshow

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this in the chat. This is definitely a strong indication of a future AC/DC album with Axl on vocals.

On 14.6.2018 at 12:48 AM, Jw224 said:

I feel this album is probably the only chance we will get to hear great Axl vocals again. I don't see a GNR album happening and he isn't bringing it live unfortunately. 

Hopefully the best AC∕DC album since Back in Black and the best Axl album since Appetite For Destruction.

On ‎2018‎-‎06‎-‎13 at 1:47 AM, acdcguy91 said:

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this in the chat. This is definitely a strong indication of a future AC/DC album with Axl on vocals.

Chris has mentioned a crew guy who has played the bass during the rehearsals for about one or two weeks. I wonder if he is the one who will replace Cliff.

Edited by Sosso

I did hear that Brian could record but not play any concerts, so why not do a new record with Brian?

It would be cool to hear Axl sing on a AC/DC album, and I would definitely see them tour.

Maybe in the near future, some doctor can help Brian with his hearing problems. New things are developed everyday. I hope for his sake he can hear well again. It has to be very hard to stop doing something you've done all your life. He was an amazing frontman for AC/DC.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I would hope Angus would update the status of his band and who will sing for them on a new cd and touring.

27 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I did hear that Brian could record but not play any concerts, so why not do a new record with Brian?

It would be cool to hear Axl sing on a AC/DC album, and I would definitely see them tour.

Maybe in the near future, some doctor can help Brian with his hearing problems. New things are developed everyday. I hope for his sake he can hear well again. It has to be very hard to stop doing something you've done all your life. He was an amazing frontman for AC/DC.

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I would hope Angus would update the status of his band and who will sing for them on a new cd and touring.

That won't happen. AC/DC has a strict rule: if you can't give 110% then you can't be in the band. AC/DC does not like using session musicians/tour members and try to avoid it as much as possible. If Brian can't preform live, he won't preform on an album. At least not as lead vocalist. The only way I can see Brian being involved in some way is as a guest on a song or doing backing vocals.

8 minutes ago, acdcguy91 said:

That won't happen. AC/DC has a strict rule: if you can't give 110% then you can't be in the band. AC/DC does not like using session musicians/tour members and try to avoid it as much as possible. If Brian can't preform live, he won't preform on an album. At least not as lead vocalist. The only way I can see Brian being involved in some way is as a guest on a song or doing backing vocals.

And even that is pretty unrealistic, because there is not a single AC/DC album with guest singers/musicians.

This album will be very different from anything we heard from AC∕DC. 

Axl`s influence will be very significant.

And of course Brian won`t be back. He`s over 70 and said himself that he is finished with AC∕DC.

Even if he could sing in the studio he is anubale to do a major tour.

On 07/05/2018 at 4:38 AM, James Bond said:

Mark my words - they will be in the studio by January 2019. Vancouver, Mike Fraser, the usual.

Yeah i agree with this. The worst case scenario is a guns album in 2021 as acdc will tour for 2 years with this release.  Then again im wondering why slash didnt hold off with the new conspirators album for a 2019 release and full 18 month tour if axl was going to be commited with acdc early next year or two?.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Yeah i agree with this. The worst case scenario is a guns album in 2021 as acdc will tour for 2 years with this release.  Then again im wondering why slash didnt hold off with the new conspirators album for a 2019 release and full 18 month tour if axl was going to be commited with acdc early next year or two?.

Maybe Slash's tour will drag long but with long breaks because of his band members' individual schedules in-between (Alter Bridge etc.)

5 hours ago, Sosso said:

I'm more curious about the new bass player than about Axl's voice to be honest, as it will be very tough to replace someone like Cliff Williams.

I am also curious abot who the drummer is because I doubt it will be Chris Slade.

3 minutes ago, shocker said:

I am also curious abot who the drummer is because I doubt it will be Chris Slade.

Of course it will be Chris Slade. He's a loyal drummer that doesn't have all the baggage Phil Rudd has. He's still capable of drumming in studio and on live tours despite being 70 years old. And he is owed a second studio album after being screwed over during the Ballbreaker sessions. It would just look bad on Angus's part if Chris was let go for a second time for no real reason.

• Like 1

Remember that Chris is over 70 and many were not impressed by his drumming on the Rock or Bust Tour.

And his contract was also limited to complete the tour. 

In his recent interviews he didn`t even mention if he was still in contact with Angus or Stevie.

It`s not like they have to choose Chris or Phil. More likely it will be a new drummer.

But time will tell.

Just now, shocker said:

Remember that Chris is over 70 and many were not impressed by his drumming on the Rock or Bust Tour.

In his recent interviews he didn`t even mention if he was still in contact with Angus or Stevie.

It`s not like they have to choose Chris or Phil. More likely it will be a new drummer.

But time will tell.

They could also hire Simon Wright, who is even younger than Angus.

2 hours ago, shocker said:

But time will tell.

His drummimg was fine on the tour. His age hasn't hindered him like it has Brian. There is absolutely no reason to replace him at the moment.

2 hours ago, Sosso said:

They could also hire Simon Wright, who is even younger than Angus.

Maybe once Chris Slade does retire. Which could be five or so years down the road. But even then Simon Wright has gone on to become a heavy metal drummer. He would get bored playing AC/DC. He left initially for that reason. He was bored waiting around to do something and the band took too long for his liking to complete The Razors Edge demos. Which no AC/DC drummer plays on demos. Angus does.

Edited by acdcguy91

People already doubted Slade because of his age before the last tour. Some fans will never be happy with him because he’s not Phil but that complaint would still linger with any drummer who isn’t Phil. Some just don’t dig the extra fills and pushed tempos.  I personally love Slade’s style and found nothing wrong with his drumming on the tour. Impressive stamina for a guy his age.

And he doesn’t stop. He’s still out touring with his Timeline band as we speak. Charlie Watts is older and still doing it so why can’t Slade? The guy lives for the road. As long as he is physically capable I don’t see why he won’t get the call first.

• Like 1