GNR tattoos

3 questions on tattoos

1. axl has a victory or death tattoo, yellow thing with red line. i'm not familiar with a flag or symbol of that type, is it just something americans would understand ?

2. slash has a tattoo, looks like him but with a pair of boobs, whats all that about, does it have a meaning ? 

3. what GNR tattoos do you lot have ? feel free to post pics of your own.

heres mine, photo is from when it was fresh but had it several years now 

1z23x3q.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

that's Shirley, he drew it and it was his first tattoo

thanks. i thought it looked like him. probably explains in his book(which i have) but been a few years since i read it 

Axl Rose Victory Or Death Tattoo And The Elvis Presley Connection

by Raul on August 31, 2010 in Elvis, Guns N’ Roses

“Victory or Death”

Guns N’ Roses Axl Rose has the emblem and phrase tattooed on his left arm.  The saying dates back to the Ottoman Empire and also has ties to “The King” Elvis Presley himself.

axl_rose_guns_n_roses_death_or_victory_tattoo axl_rose_tattoo_death_or_glory_guns_n_roses

Victory or Death is the motto of the 32nd Armored Regiment of the United States Army.  The motto also served as an inspirational order to this first of the 3rd Armored Division’s two great battering rams.

victory_or_death_patch_axl_rose_elvis_tattoovictory_or_death_elvis_axl

It is also visible on the yellow-and-red regimental emblem in some photographs of Elvis Presley during his Army service in Germany with that regiment, and in his later film “G.I. Blues”.  You can see the emblem on the hat of Presley in this photo.

Elvis Victory or Death Army Photo Axl Rose Tattoo

Not sure if Axl, who did not serve in the US Military knew of this connection or he just thought it looked cool.

Elvis Presley Axl Rose Victory Or Death Tattoo

Axl is a fan of “The King

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Axl Rose Victory Or Death Tattoo And The Elvis Presley Connection

by Raul on August 31, 2010 in Elvis, Guns N’ Roses

“Victory or Death”

Guns N’ Roses Axl Rose has the emblem and phrase tattooed on his left arm.  The saying dates back to the Ottoman Empire and also has ties to “The King” Elvis Presley himself.

axl_rose_guns_n_roses_death_or_victory_tattoo axl_rose_tattoo_death_or_glory_guns_n_roses

Victory or Death is the motto of the 32nd Armored Regiment of the United States Army.  The motto also served as an inspirational order to this first of the 3rd Armored Division’s two great battering rams.

victory_or_death_patch_axl_rose_elvis_tattoovictory_or_death_elvis_axl

It is also visible on the yellow-and-red regimental emblem in some photographs of Elvis Presley during his Army service in Germany with that regiment, and in his later film “G.I. Blues”.  You can see the emblem on the hat of Presley in this photo.

Elvis Victory or Death Army Photo Axl Rose Tattoo

Not sure if Axl, who did not serve in the US Military knew of this connection or he just thought it looked cool.

Elvis Presley Axl Rose Victory Or Death Tattoo

Axl is a fan of “The King

thanks for that. news to me. im from the UK so missed that. but you have thrown up another topic. that photo of axl ^^up there^^ that you posted, he has a mickey mouse T shirt on, looks mid to late 1980s. i thought he wore them shirts in response to the mickey or rasp debates on the net over the past 15 years. didnt know he had them in the 80s