Tracks Missing From The New Box Set.

16 hours ago, ludurigan said:

yes yes yes and there must be even more stuff we have no idea of...

for a second (after mitch lafon's post) i believed some of these early 86 recordings would be released...

never heard bloodshot eyes and YES, this is definetely another piece of the puzzle, along with all of the lost Hollywood Rose songs, LA Guns songs and who knows what other early pre-GNR songs that may still exist and we never had the chance to listen to

i suppose our best shot at listening to all of these is when someone releases or leaks them despite of GNR

I think the time to leak stuff may be soon... you never know...  there are a number of lost Hollywood Rose songs such as Beat on My Head, Rock & Roll Rose, and International Boys, that have NEVER leaked but do exist.  Bloodshot Eyes clip with Axl singing from October 5, 1984 Troubadour show has leaked (on YouTube) from Marc Canter but rehearsals of Bloodshot Eyes instrumental exist too with Tracii Guns.  Another lost song from Hollywood Rose is called Hollywood Girls but no copies exist anywhere.  These I consider the rarest GNR-related audio in existence.  But also don't forget the complete (extended, uncirculated) audio Mates Rehearsal tapes from 1989 with Steven Adler on Coma, Bad Apples, and other jam songs that are unreleased (instrumental minus Axl).  That exists too.  And the Whisky soundboard live show from 1986.  That exists too.  Finally, early GNR rehearsal tapes exist as well (actually rehearsing, not demos or outtakes), which are probably the rarest of all.  The reason for my post is to encourage the true diehard fans that stuff is out there!  And even cooler, in some cases, than any upcoming official release.  We'll have to see if The Plague is anything more than a short instrumental; if so, that will be great too of course.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kevinb said:

I think the time to leak stuff may be soon... you never know...  there are a number of lost Hollywood Rose songs such as Beat on My Head, Rock & Roll Rose, and International Boys, that have NEVER leaked but do exist.  Bloodshot Eyes clip with Axl singing from October 5, 1984 Troubadour show has leaked (on YouTube) from Marc Canter but rehearsals of Bloodshot Eyes instrumental exist too with Tracii Guns.  Another lost song from Hollywood Rose is called Hollywood Girls but no copies exist anywhere.  These I consider the rarest GNR-related audio in existence.  But also don't forget the complete (extended, uncirculated) audio Mates Rehearsal tapes from 1989 with Steven Adler on Coma, Bad Apples, and other jam songs that are unreleased (instrumental minus Axl).  That exists too.  And the Whisky soundboard live show from 1986.  That exists too.  Finally, early GNR rehearsal tapes exist as well (actually rehearsing, not demos or outtakes), which are probably the rarest of all.  The reason for my post is to encourage the true diehard fans that stuff is out there!  And even cooler, in some cases, than any upcoming official release.  We'll have to see if The Plague is anything more than a short instrumental; if so, that will be great too of course.

man those early hollywood rose songs must be fantastic to listen to -- truly hoping they surface some day!

i would love to listen to coma and bad apples at mates but i am just as much interested -- if not more! -- in these other jam songs that are unreleased!

there is the mates "jam songs" that you mentioned and i truly believe that there must be LOADS MORE of those jam songs recorded in rehearsals

and i am 100% sure its pure gold!

:headbang:

• 1 month later...

update on this topic - including only tracks that are circulating on other bootlegs but not included in the boxset or Super Deluxe Editoin:

Mystic Sessions - all tracks are included on the hidden bonus cassette of L&L boxset

Sound City Sessions - 4 tracks missing: Rocket Queen (take 2), Nice Boys (other take than "we're not"), Heartbreak Hotel ("since my baby left me" intro), Don't Cry.

Pasha Sessions - harder to tell here; Suicide EP + SOYL (same as at Live from the Jungle EP) are included, but with fake crowd - so technically complete Pasha (13 tracks) is still missing in its original state

Lies Sessions - 4 tracks missing: One In A Million (alt. take), Used To Love Her (alt. take), Cornshucker, and of course the official album version of One In A Million (from Lies)

26 missing AFD/Lies tracks altogether.

Edited by zombux

On 06/05/2018 at 10:12 PM, Nikki_Sixx said:

- Mystic Studio (August '85) :

'Welcome To The Jungle' + 'Anything Goes' + 'Don't Cry' (officially released) + 'Back Off Bitch' + 'Think About You'

-> ALL of these were bootlegged in the late 80's.  Recently surfaced in pristine quality by Troccolli. 'Heartbreak Hotel' was also recorded, but was not on the demo, and never bootlegged.  

- Sound City Studios (June '86):

'Out Ta Get Me' + 'Rocket Queen' (2 takes) + 'Nightrain' + 'My Michelle' + 'You’re Crazy' + 'Paradise City' + 'Move To The City' + 'November Rain [Acoustic] + 'Shadow Of Your Love' (officially released) + 'Reckless Life' + 'Think About You' + 'Welcome To The Jungle' + 'Don’t Cry' + 'Nice Boys ('officially' released) + 'Back Off Bitch' + 'Anything Goes' + 'Mama Kin' + 'Heartbreak Hotel' + 'Ain’t Going Down'  [Instrumental] + 'Jumping Jack Flash' + 'Jumping Jack Flash' [Acoustic] + 'November Rain' [Piano] + 'Heartbreak Hotel' [Acoustic] + 'East Coast Junkie' [Acoustic] / 'Move To The City' [Acoustic]

-> ALL of these were bootlegged in the late 80's.  Other stuff was recorded but never bootlegged: 'Cornchucker', 'The Plague', ... Most run at the wrong speed/pitch.

- Pasha Studios (August '86)

'Reckless Life' (offically released) + ' Nice Boys' (offically released) + 'Move To The City' (offically released)  + 'Mama Kin' (offically released) + 'Shadow Of Your Love' (offically released) + 'Welcome To The Jungle' + 'You're Crazy' + 'Heartbreak Hotel' + 'Jumpin' Jack Flash' + 'Mr. Brownstone' + 'Nightrain' + 'Sweet Child O' Mine' + 'Don't Cry'

> ALL of these were bootlegged in the late 80's.  Without fake crowd noise.  8 of these were surfaced in pristine quality by Alan Niven.  The rest run at the wrong speed/pitch.

i thought it was the 86 version of don't cry that was officially released 

15 minutes ago, donny said:

i thought it was the 86 version of don't cry that was officially released 

no, according to my information (together with all the information around the web) it was the Mystic 85 version.

Edited by zombux
  • Like 1

On 07/05/2018 at 7:59 AM, scooby845 said:

Where can I find mystic studio demos from Troccoli?

I've been wondering this myself. Was kinda annoyed I didn't get them before they were taken down lol. 

I've been wondering this myself. Was kinda annoyed I didn't get them before they were taken down lol. 

The forum bugged out on me and accidentally posted like 4 times. 

2 hours ago, zombux said:

update on this topic - including only tracks that are circulating on other bootlegs but not included in the boxset or Super Deluxe Editoin:

Mystic Sessions - all tracks are included on the hidden bonus cassette of L&L boxset

We gotta' get someone to transfer these to MP3 or FLAC. I'd love to have them.

On 5/6/2018 at 9:12 PM, houseri said:

Crash Diet is missing... great great song so BIG disappoinment for me that the song isn't on the box set.

I don't think Crash Diet counts as a 'real' GNR song though, does it? I thought it was like Bring It Back Home, Just Another Sunday, Too Much Too Soon, etc: West Arkeen songs that GNR recorded for him, but had no intention of using themselves.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I don't think Crash Diet counts as a 'real' GNR song though, does it? I thought it was like Bring It Back Home, Just Another Sunday, Too Much Too Soon, etc: West Arkeen songs that GNR recorded for him, but had no intention of using themselves.

correct! :)

3 minutes ago, aure69 said:

There is Here and it's fabulous ! Too bad this song has been banned from the box...

yes. all the 3 missing tracks are available at "Alan Niven Rumbo Tape 1988" (take the Rumbo information and the year with a grain of salt, it seems Lies sessions were a mess, as I tried to point in other topic: http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/220852-move-to-the-city-acoustic-1986/?do=findComment&comment=4597716)

Was there ever an early recording of You Could Be Mine?

A line of the song lyrics was in the appetite album sleeve so the song was presumably around at that time.. can’t understand why it wouldn’t have been recorded at the time if it had already been written

2 hours ago, dave94 said:

Was there ever an early recording of You Could Be Mine?

A line of the song lyrics was in the appetite album sleeve so the song was presumably around at that time.. can’t understand why it wouldn’t have been recorded at the time if it had already been written

I think the full Mates rehearsal from 1989 (instrumental) is rumoured to have it? Which means that hypothetically, the band could release an early version with Steven on drums, but without vocals. They played Perfect Crime in the early days too, and there's no demo of that as far as I know either, so they probably really were just 'saving' them for UYI.

5 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

There's an officially released Alternate Mix of Brownstone on the ISE single. That should have been included on the B-Sides & EPs disc.

so that kind of makes it the second official release missing from the SDE/boxset? the other one is OIAM album version.

were there more significantly different mixes of other tracks?

On 7/2/2018 at 3:12 PM, Waemoth said:

Hopefully they didn't just rip it from Troccoli's cassette and release it.

they didn't! the "official release" seems to come directly from GNR masters, not Troccoli's cassette.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zombux said:

they didn't! the "official release" seems to come directly from GNR masters, not Troccoli's cassette.

I'm going to disagree on this Zombux. Don't Cry and the other songs on this tape are actual untouched demos, while this same Don't Cry demo was remixed and polished-up for the official single in 1991. Why wouldn't they use that one? My opinion is either they just quickly cleaned up Toccoli's tape or they found the original demos and never did anything to them and just stuck on the cassette and put in the L&L box last minute.

3 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

they found the original demos and never did anything to them and just stuck on the cassette and put in the L&L box last minute.

we don't disagree on this particular thing ;) altough I think this was more like a stunt thing, another pseudo-vintage way to deliver some pseudo-vintage junk, with all the fake tattoos, fake posters and fake show tickets. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, zombux said:

Yeah I thought Troccoli's tape sounded hollow and a bit bloated compared to the release. Figured it might've been down to work being done on them, though. 

Edited by Waemoth