Tracks Missing From The New Box Set.

Man I've been looking for that version for years thanks for posting! It seems that this, the Alt. Mix of brownstone and the video edit of SCOM could have easily been put on the b-sides disk (there's no alternates of these 3 songs), makes me wish they took more time with this boxset

3 hours ago, charliehoodger said:

so now that some time has went by..whats everyones opinion now of the box sets, etc? Regret buying/dont regret buy, waiting?

I didn't buy it (yet) got the music for free. It's all that really mattered to me. We'll see if the price drops then I may reconsider.

On 8/27/2018 at 12:47 PM, charliehoodger said:

so now that some time has went by..whats everyones opinion now of the box sets, etc? Regret buying/dont regret buy, waiting?

I bought the songs on iTunes and burned my own CDs. Still not really interested in the physical box sets. Tbh if I had one I would probably just take it out and look at the stuff once then put it away on a shelf somewhere.

On 28/08/2018 at 5:47 AM, charliehoodger said:

Didn’t buy it, still won’t buy it.

i think there were 4 new songs or versions of songs I hadn’t heard before, so that was cool and I listened to those.

Listened to some of Sound City stuff and it was the best quality which was great.

But I find it totally bizarre that you would go to so much effort and leave things out (eg I think there were a couple of Sound City tunes missing, they had Mystic but only used it as a cassette in the big box, plus other things mentioned in this thread) and instead choose to put on b-sides that are jus a album versions of the songs that are elsewhere in the box set anyway.

So basically seems like an extensive yet incomplete set which is a shame. Plus a whole heap of nonsense that I have no interest in (eg rings and lithos).

Overall had potential but could have been so much better and the final result ends up just reeking of a half arsed effort/cash grab.

• 3 months later...
On 8/29/2018 at 10:26 PM, Euchre said:

Didn’t buy it, still won’t buy it.

i think there were 4 new songs or versions of songs I hadn’t heard before, so that was cool and I listened to those.

Listened to some of Sound City stuff and it was the best quality which was great.

But I find it totally bizarre that you would go to so much effort and leave things out (eg I think there were a couple of Sound City tunes missing, they had Mystic but only used it as a cassette in the big box, plus other things mentioned in this thread) and instead choose to put on b-sides that are jus a album versions of the songs that are elsewhere in the box set anyway.

So basically seems like an extensive yet incomplete set which is a shame. Plus a whole heap of nonsense that I have no interest in (eg rings and lithos).

Overall had potential but could have been so much better and the final result ends up just reeking of a half arsed effort/cash grab.

also there will be a 50th Ann of AFD Boxset so it might appear there.

if not 50th might be 75th

Edited by 80309561