GNR playing Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (25 Nov 2018)

58 minutes ago, default_ said:

oh my god just stahp

Yeah. At this point I too would kinda like them to stop after the european leg, take time for new Music and then swing by again later.

57 minutes ago, LovelessNL said:

Not sure if this means that NITL will continue with a full additional leg, or if this is just some highly paid 'one-off'.

Yeah. Could be. More likely though they will hit Australia/Asia a second time, like all the other territories too. Can't just leave the money lying on the street. ;) It will make for a very short Slash tour though. More like a stop and go thing.

1 hour ago, Original said:

Hope they run through the US this summer again. 

You will suffocate, if you hold your breath for that.

Edited by PatrickS77

Should rename this leg the ‘Twice in This Lifetime Tour’ lol 😂 

Cant wait till Abu Dhabi - I missed a chunk of the Dubai show due to the outrageous traffic going to the gig. We literally parked up in some random spot in the sand and walked the last stretch. It was mayhem

Edited by LA_0013
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, LA_0013 said:

Should rename this leg the ‘Twice in This Lifetime Tour’ lol 😂 

Cant wait till Abu Dhabi - I missed a chunk of the Dubai show due to the outrageous traffic going to the gig

Yeah me too; traffic there was a complete disaster; have never seen anything like this before. We finally got out of the taxi and were running about 2km through the desert through camel fences. VIP stage was awesome though; I don´t think I have ever enjoyed a concert that much :) 

Was in front row at the Dubai show and it was amazing. in Fact my pic is on their Dubai instagram post.

Though I'm not gonna pay that fat cash for 3 days of F1 just to see GN'R on the last day playing the same fucking setlist of their Dubai show lol

Unless new music involved which the chances are zero.

Edited by ©GnrPersia

So...to go to the concert, you buy a ticket for the day of racing and go along if you fancy it? That's not going to do wonders for the atmosphere of the gig is it?! Corporates with money isn't even going to begin to describe this one! 

Can you IMAGINE how stiff the crowd will be for this gig? Nightmare. 

Al Tareq Al Ameri, CEO of Yas Marina Circuit, said: "Guns N' Roses are one of the biggest groups in music and reinforces our four-day proposition of on-track, off-track and after-race entertainment. We are thrilled to announce that the original line-up of the band will be headlining the Sunday night show at this year's Yasalam After-Race Concerts as part of the 2018 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix race weekend. 

This contradicts the earlier  statement in the article that says it will be Axl, Slash and Duff.

Which I am sure it just Axl slash and duff...

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/guns-n-roses-to-headline-sunday-night-yasalam-after-race-concert-at-2018-abu-dhabi-grand-prix-682012921.html

Edited by bigcountry

45 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

So...to go to the concert, you buy a ticket for the day of racing and go along if you fancy it? That's not going to do wonders for the atmosphere of the gig is it?! Corporates with money isn't even going to begin to describe this one! 

Can you IMAGINE how stiff the crowd will be for this gig? Nightmare. 

No. You Need to have a F1 ticket. Then you can buy a concert ticket. It's not like only corporate People go to F1 races. There are regular People too. But it sucks that you can't go to the concert unless you buy a fucking F1 ticket, which at this Point is probably hard to get and certainly not cheap. And if you don't give a flying fuck about fucking F1 then it's really expensive.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

*To attend the Yasalam After-Race Concerts, you must be a Formula 1 2018 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix ticket-holder.

https://m.gulfnews.com/leisure/events/guns-n-roses-returning-to-the-uae-1.2218179

• GNFNR 1