GNR playing Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (25 Nov 2018)

They know there is ££££££££ too be made Axls been on the road since May 7th Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisbon with DC & very little rest hes going too need a good rest at some point tho i have no doubt in my mind we will have more too come..!!!

Edited by Gavin82

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

*To attend the Yasalam After-Race Concerts, you must be a Formula 1 2018 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix ticket-holder.

https://m.gulfnews.com/leisure/events/guns-n-roses-returning-to-the-uae-1.2218179

Yeah - the concerts come as part of the Grand Prix tickets. They aren't sold separately. All the tickets include access to the concerts as part of the package. So basically it will be a gig full of car fans who've decided to wander in! 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah - the concerts come as part of the Grand Prix tickets. They aren't sold separately. All the tickets include access to the concerts as part of the package. So basically it will be a gig full of car fans who've decided to wander in! 

There’s a nice paycheck for this one 

Yeah they’ll be well paid for playing, for sure. It’s the last race of the season so the organizers make a big deal about the post race concert. Headliners in recent years have been The Who and Rihanna (I’m sure Prince played one year too).

I saw The Who a couple of years back. It’s def not the same as vibe as a crowd full of fans - but it wasn’t totally flat either. A lot of folk drinking and enjoying themselves 

5 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

Not sure if this means that NITL will continue with a full additional leg, or if this is just some highly paid 'one-off'.

ABU DHABI much Petro-dollars ,many artists make gigs there.

8 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

They know there is ££££££££ too be made Axls been on the road since May 7th Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisbon with DC & very little rest hes going too need a good rest at some point tho i have no doubt in my mind we will have more too come..!!!

What ya talking about Bro, by the time the new leg starts, he'll have had 180 days off...Ain't that enough rest? lol 

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, ©GnrPersia said:

guess it's just gonna be a few songs, and very popular songs indeed. YCBM is in for sure!

I remember seeing your picture when they came to Dubai. What an amazing concert. Went 5 hours before it actually started and I think you guys were there at that time also :)

Not sure if it will be worth going to Abu Dhabi and getting in to hear few songs? but after all it's Guns n Roses. Are you going?

1 minute ago, ali Z said:

Not sure if it will be worth going to Abu Dhabi and getting in to hear few songs? but after all it's Guns n Roses. Are you going?

It doesn't worth dude, I would rather spending that money on AFD Boxset (which will be hopefully available at Virgin Stores at some point)

2 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

It doesn't worth dude, I would rather spending that money on AFD Boxset (which will be hopefully available at Virgin Stores at some point)

trying to get hold of a ticket. If I can manage, will go otherwise not worth it I guess.

3 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Just how much are the tixs or packages???

Just click on the links provided in this thread.

5 hours ago, ali Z said:

does anyone know if it will be a full 3 hours concert or are they just gonna play few songs and that's it?

Previously artists played full sets. I know Prince played a full set.

23 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Just click on the links provided in this thread.

Previously artists played full sets. I know Prince played a full set.

So did Aerosmith and haven't GNR done this gig before, when it was NU-GNR? I'm sure I remember them doing it...
There'll be a full set, perhaps 2 hrs though instead of 3+