Who here would be been more prepared to drop $1000 on all the Chinese demo sessions?

15 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Imagine, a full set of all Chinese Era material from 95-98.

Is there anyone who won’t buy the AFD $1000 boxset but would’ve bought a Chinese Era boxset? 

The ONLY reason I would accept one of those deluxe faux-leather Appetite sets for FREE would be to sell it on ebay for $10,000 when Axl or Slash die. Axl's been promoting that record since 2002 and I go for a PISS during Sweet Child and never EVER stay for Paradise fucking City. I am so sick to death of that fucking shit. 

I would, however, pay $1,000 EACH for any unreleased song from the Bucket/Robin/Brain era. I've offered before, it worked once, but these hoarders are selfish fucks. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

The ONLY reason I would accept one of those deluxe faux-leather Appetite sets for FREE would be to sell it on ebay for $10,000 when Axl or Slash die. Axl's been promoting that record since 2002 and I go for a PISS during Sweet Child and never EVER stay for Paradise fucking City. I am so sick to death of that fucking shit. 

I would, however, pay $1,000 EACH for any unreleased song from the Bucket/Robin/Brain era. I've offered before, it worked once, but these hoarders are selfish fucks. 

Ohhh, what did you get???

14 hours ago, killuridols said:

I don't want anything from the hacks, only Robin Finck, but I can get him in other ways :ph34r:

The bolded are the things that I don't want nowhere near me though!

Wait, what??!  What other ways?  Very intriguing.

Now the I think of it a Bust of Fortus would prolly sell some units, lol

16 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Imagine, a full set of all Chinese Era material from 95-98.

Is there anyone who won’t buy the AFD $1000 boxset but would’ve bought a Chinese Era boxset? 

i am ready to pay for GNR music 24/7, 365 days of the year. Not that i have any money, but, yeah, whenever one truly needs money then one finds a way to get it, huh?

if there is anything from that era that involves at least Axl, Slash and Izzy (Duff could be a bonus but not really necessary) that means GNR i am 100% in -- locked, loaded and ready to shoot buy

even in the dark, without listening to it, i would buy anything by Axl, Izzy and Slash, from any era, thats how much i trust these guys when they do music together -- its always pure gold in my ears

anything by Axl and Izzy and by Slash and Izzy wouldnt be that special -- there will be always something missing -- but, yeah, definetely worth buiying also. I would buy it in a heartbeat, i would buy it without listening to it first.

Axl-and-Slash-only material needs previous listening. could be fantastic but could also be a bit, huh, grooveless... and lifeless... and boring... yeah, just listen to their solo stuff

Any other combination needs previous listening.

Except, obviously, for the multiple Axl N' Friends lineups which basically are unlistenable crap -- there may be some gold in there but my expectations are really low.

Is this a trick question? 😂

Lets break it down! 

AFD was the best album released by this band! And what they've offered on this locked and loaded release is crap! You'd have to be bonkers (or rich) to buy it. 

CD is universally accepted (bar 2% of the gnr fan base) as being the worst gnr album released (and some fans don't even accept it's a gnr album till this day) and you think the everage fan would buy offcuts and god knows fucking what in this cluster fuck era of gnr or newgnr or whatever you want to call it?????

WOW! Just wow!

lets be clear on one thing!!! For the majority of fans still holding out on some sort of holy grail from the vault, it's not CD era off cuts. 

Its UYI docos, pro shot UYI shows and demos from 93-96 recording sessions. If any of that even exists. 

Im done 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Sosso said:

Some of the members would like to pay in $ and some of the other members in ¥

(¥1000 = $9.15)

haha!  Your humour is too sophisticated for us bone heads!  I didnt get it until you added the conversion rate :lol:

Well done!

Edited by soon
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, soon said:

Wait, what??!  What other ways?  Very intriguing.

Now the I think of it a Bust of Fortus would prolly sell some units, lol

Why is there a bust of Fortus? :lol::facepalm:

I mean, aren't busts things that important people get to remember all the good they did for their country (or something like that)? :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Why is there a bust of Fortus? :lol::facepalm:

I mean, aren't busts things that important people get to remember all the good they did for their country (or something like that)? :ph34r:

Because busts include, well, the figures busts.  And Fortus has worked hard to forge those pecs, lol.  He seems proud and a lot of folks seem to enjoy em, so thats one achievement right there :lol:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

100%.

I've been saying this for years! To me 98-2004 is the holy grail of unreleased stuff. At least with this era we know there is unreleased stuff deserving of a boxset, and I find this the most fascinating and intriguing GnR era. I also love Bucket. And for those that don't believe this is GnR - it was (just a continuation of what came before) and nobody would be forcing you to buy this.

Where can I buy some of whatever you are smoking? 😂

No, because I don't have $1,000 to burn, but I would do what I'm planning to do with the AFD boxset: buy a vinyl remastering (or something similar) and get the digital downloads of the outtakes from iTunes. 

All this said, I love this era of the band and am endlessly intrigued by it. Very interested to hear CD II & III and whatever other oddities exist from those years. Can't imagine they see the light of day ever though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

100%.

I've been saying this for years! To me 98-2004 is the holy grail of unreleased stuff. At least with this era we know there is unreleased stuff deserving of a boxset, and I find this the most fascinating and intriguing GnR era. I also love Bucket. And for those that don't believe this is GnR - it was (just a continuation of what came before) and nobody would be forcing you to buy this.

Dude lol, I have some swamp land in Florida.  Just for you, I can sell it to you at SaHweet price.

Continuation of GnR lol, man bro that may be the single most preposterous thing I've heard on this forum....ever

• Haha 1

there is "before" and "after" hearing unheard chinese stuff. the biggest part of the reason why people would spend 1000$ on unheard chinese stuff (not me though) is because of the anticipation. the feeling of hype and "what could be". people expect brilliant stuff.

then there is the phase after having heard these tracks. Suddenly, reality sinks in that these songs were indeed best left in the vault, since they are even more convoluted frankenstein rock like the whole album chinese democracy. you start to say to yourself, you had to see it coming all along.

and then comes the phase of regretting it hard, to have  been stupid enough to spend 1000$ on a collection of trite. you're then angry at Axl for ripping you off, but you forget that spending so much money to begin with, was your first mistake.

in conclusion, how much are these tracks worth? I'd say 50 bucks, to the chinese enthusiast. but I think that's stretching it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Dude lol, I have some swamp land in Florida.  Just for you, I can sell it to you at SaHweet price.

Continuation of GnR lol, man bro that may be the single most preposterous thing I've heard on this forum....ever

If facts are preposterous then I'll agree with you.

Adler was replaced by Matt. Matt was replaced by Josh. Josh was replaced by Brain. Brain was replaced by Frank.

Izzy was replaced by Gilby. Gilby was replaced by Huge. Huge was replaced by Fortus.

etc

Even the band today is a continuation of NuGuns, with 2 x keyboardists, Frank and Fortus still in the band.

It is what it is.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Towelie said:

Ohhh, what did you get???

I've kept my word for years not to discuss and i'm sticking to that in the hope I an one day get more if it isn't released. All I will say is that Axl was right when he said "If you liked Chinese you'll like this" and it would be a crime of some kind if his other stuff didn't come out. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

I've kept my word for years not to discuss and i'm sticking to that in the hope I an one day get more if it isn't released. All I will say is that Axl was right when he said "If you liked Chinese you'll like this" and it would be a crime of some kind if his other stuff didn't come out. 

Dangit! For old times sake LRC, c'mon buddy!! I ain't got a grand, but we go back. Don't make a brother beg! Hoarders Piss Me off too. They really do Pee Me off. P. Me. Off. ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Dangit! For old times sake LRC, c'mon buddy!! I ain't got a grand, but we go back. Don't make a brother beg! Hoarders Piss Me off too. They really do Pee Me off. P. Me. Off. ;)

Ha, sorry Mr Jam, I shouldn't have mentioned it. Seriously, Chinese means more to me than anything and I wouldn't even play 30 secs over the phone for the chance it would hurt my ability to get more in the future. I've been trying since 2014 to get the new-vocal This I love to no avail. 

• Like 2