Who here would be been more prepared to drop $1000 on all the Chinese demo sessions?

11 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

I had forgotten how bad that buckethead solo was. You're right it's even worst than Bumblefoot's...

yup, people usually hate Bumble's additions/replacements at ChiDem, but especially the case of Rhiad is other story - Bumble did a hell of a job here. same about CITR, in my opinion.

24 minutes ago, zombux said:

yup, people usually hate Bumble's additions/replacements at ChiDem, but especially the case of Rhiad is other story - Bumble did a hell of a job here. same about CITR, in my opinion.

Not sure if he did a hell of a job, to me it's still a shitty solo, but it's much better than that Buckethead noise.

Bucket's solo sounds like something which would be featured in a band like HED PE or Marilyn Manson. New metalish crap!

Bumblefoot's solo sounds like a quick fix to Bucket's solo. Sounds like it was done in 2 minutes. Rushed up at last minute. It still doesn't sound like GNR.

I like Bumble's solo on Catcher though, I like the Brian May version as well, but Bumblefoot did a hell of a job with that solo. I can totally understand why Axl didn't release the version with B.May, as I would understand if he had done the opposite too. Both solos are great! May's solo sounds too Queenish in my opinion, the tone of guitar is very symbolic of Queen...I think Axl was looking for something a little bit closer to what GNR used to be.

4 hours ago, Propaganda said:

I had forgotten how bad that buckethead solo was. You're right it's even worst than Bumblefoot's...

I often wondered if the first half of the "bucket" Rhiad solo was Robin, with Bucket kicking in midway when the picking speed picks up. The note pinches / muted kind of playing style reminds me of some of Robins other stuff. The second half is certainly undoubtedly Bucket, but it almost sounds like two solos pasted together.

Edited by ToonGuns
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2018 at 7:24 PM, gavgnr said:

Imagine, a full set of all Chinese Era material from 95-98.

Is there anyone who won’t buy the AFD $1000 boxset but would’ve bought a Chinese Era boxset? 

Yes, in a heartbeat. I'd even sell some of my possessions to put my hands on that.

Every single piece of music recorded during that time frame, but also everything that was done afterwards (like Going Down, the new CD songs versions etc.).

hmm... yes, ChiDem boxset would be much more interesting than AFD (UYI would be also interesting, but I'd not expect anything really new from that one). 

but paying $1000? hell no. that's an average monthly salary in this part of the world, which the majority of people still won't even reach. and that I'm earning much more than that doesn't matter - it's still a damn money grab.

Is this all remains of 'new material' in the vault. And I mean..things no guns fans have heard? I guess we'll someday hear in ways of stripping through the best tracks that remain and putting duff & slash's stamps on them and then releasing it.

1 hour ago, Fashionista said:

I would pay 100$ if it included:
-1995 Zakk Wylde sessions

-1994-1996 Axl/Slash/Duff recording sessions

-1998-2000 Sean Beavan version of the record.

besides Beavan ChiDem, there are more holy grails. like Vegas 2001 proshot DVD.

On 11-5-2018 at 7:24 PM, gavgnr said:

Imagine, a full set of all Chinese Era material from 95-98.

Is there anyone who won’t buy the AFD $1000 boxset but would’ve bought a Chinese Era boxset? 

Not even remotely. I wouldn't even pay $100 for that. Maybe $50. 

20 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

I often wondered if the first half of the "bucket" Rhiad solo was Robin, with Bucket kicking in midway when the picking speed picks up. The note pinches / muted kind of playing style reminds me of some of Robins other stuff. The second half is certainly undoubtedly Bucket, but it almost sounds like two solos pasted together.

It is Robin for the 1st part you can tell when they played ot live

On 5/21/2018 at 1:00 AM, ludurigan said:

is there any izzy-axl-slash collab on it? no? so i am not paying ONE CENT for it :rofl-lol:

Axl and Izzy apparently did write a song in the 2000's, called 'Down By The Ocean'. I'd love to hear a song by Axl/Izzy/early-or-mid-00's line-up. I don't care if they call it GNR or not, the name is irrelevant, that song (among others) is intriguing.

3 hours ago, Cory Trevor said:

whats it like now? from my ignorant perspective it seems australia ends up having higher prices and more censorship on everything entertainment related

New Cds your looking at $20. Still too expensive and yes Australia gets ripped off hard. Does not help having our government taxes the shit out of everything.

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Axl and Izzy apparently did write a song in the 2000's, called 'Down By The Ocean'. I'd love to hear a song by Axl/Izzy/early-or-mid-00's line-up. I don't care if they call it GNR or not, the name is irrelevant, that song (among others) is intriguing.

gimme just axl and izzy with no aliens "line-up"!

:lol:

also didnt someone mention (duff? a fan? cant remember!) that izzy and duff recorded a tape and sent to axl sometime during his solo era?

now that is worth my money and my time!

:headbang:

Edited by ludurigan