Guns n roses Style

alex.accardi

Great jam for a young band.  To be honest until the vocals started it sounds a lot more reminiscent of Bauhaus, to my ears (which is cool, I like them).  Guitar solo is nice and that part certainly reminds me of a Slash type solo both in the solo style and how it goes into new musical parts.  Great singing!  

If you wanted to Gunsify it a bit more you could give the rhythm guitar a little more flare.  Currently the rhythm guitar is playing fairly straight (not a derogatory term, to be clear) for much of the song and often in Guns if the rhythm guitar is that present in the arrangement is will have more nuanced little bits to it, whether that be turning the chord progression into a bit of a riff or whether that be by giving it a bit more old school swagger (chuck berry, stones; make the chords 'move').  In fact you are already really nailing the guitar interplay and 'interest' in one section at 0:39-0:52 and again at 1:30 -1:42.  Id say do more of that if youre going for the Guns vibe.  Every part has to be gone over with a fine tooth comb just like Axl would.

But theres a nod to Metallica too, so maybe you're just highlighting how it has many aspects of Guns, but without trying to go full on with that vibe.  Regardless, cool tune!

• Like 1

The riff is great, the drums are great, the tone of it, musically, is great.  To be honest the Guns-esque part is the worst thing about it?  Lose the GnR influence and take it your own place, it seems like a really good set of musicians and a singer whoose into Guns n Roses and its the singer and lyrics that let it down.  Not that they're bad in and of themselves, its just that the music sounds like its trying to do something more interesting than just copy Guns n Roses.  I love the drum machine feel to the drums, it reminds me a little of Iggy and Bowie in Berlin, just lose the wanting to be like Guns n Roses bit and you're onto something.  Why would you wannabe like Guns n Roses, there already was a Guns n Roses and they sound great, you could do more.  I think you should run it all back, fuck the Guns n Roses shit and work out a voice of your own for it.  Lyrically and vocally cuz its a nice little track.  If you're gonna be influenced by something don't just chop a bit of it off for yourself, take what you like about it and make the rest your own, like how the best covers are the ones that...take a song somewhere new, for example:

Edited by Len Cnut

Thanks for your feedback! simply I grow up with guns and I like axl singing style so I wanted to do something in that direction

I agree with you We should find our own way and originality

In the same soundcloud channel there are other songs with a different style and influences. I wouldn't be a bad copy of Guns