Jump to content
NOVEMBER COMA

Adler says Fernando is key to Reunion

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

imo having adler behind the kit is a much better thing than having melissa bounce around back there

She is still fucking cringe worthy.. Some people have made some pretty cool live videos of the NITL tour.. Always to be ruined by scenes of the blue bobble-head.. Embarrassing as a Gn'R fan... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

So we have a guy who's been talking shit about Steven endlessly for weeks mentioning how Steven "can't contain himself" and a guy who dedicated 90% of his post on the forum to bash Steven saying Steven is "not worth half of the time we spend talking about him".

And then of course, some Axl fan who talks about Steven playing the victim, carrying the "poor me" attitude. Remember "he's a cancer"? "He should have never been in the band or should have left after Lies"? "He may sound like De la Hoya but he's fn' Vargas"? Suing Activision for associating GNR's guitarist Slash to GNR (:lol:)? "[Stephanie Seymour, Slash and Duff] did more damage to my ability as a writer. To those three, it was all crap. It beat me down so much. At the time of the (Use Your Illusion) tours, Slash and Duff said, 'You're an idiot, you're a loser.' I didn't write for years. I felt I was hindered for a very long time"? That's not playing the victim, just the truth, and that's why Slash will never be back in... oh, wait.

Comedy gold!

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

So we have a guy who's been talking shit about Steven endlessly for weeks mentioning how Steven "can't contain himself" and a guy who dedicated 90% of his post on the forum to bash Steven saying Steven is "not worth half of the time we spend talking about him".

And then of course, some Axl fan who talks about Steven playing the victim, carrying the "poor me" attitude. Remember "he's a cancer"? "He should have never been in the band or should have left after Lies"? "He may sound like De la Hoya but he's fn' Vargas"? Suing Activision for associating GNR's guitarist Slash to GNR (:lol:)? "[Stephanie Seymour, Slash and Duff] did more damage to my ability as a writer. To those three, it was all crap. It beat me down so much. At the time of the (Use Your Illusion) tours, Slash and Duff said, 'You're an idiot, you're a loser.' I didn't write for years. I felt I was hindered for a very long time"? That's not playing the victim, just the truth, and that's why Slash will never be back in... oh, wait.

Comedy gold!

Of course there will be someone crying because I'm "attacking Axl" but truth is I'm not attacking Axl at all. Yes, he said many stupid things through the years (maybe too many for how little he speaks) but who cares? We all say and do stupid things (this thread is quite a brilliant example actually). What's really amazing and amusing is how some people embarrass themselves with their stupid double standards, their insane obsession over Steven and the need to constantly trash him.

Criticizing Axl doesn't make Adler any less of an idiot. It's possible for Adler to be an idiot and Axl to be less than perfect at the same time. Just like it should be possible for Guns N'Roses to do what they're doing without the original drummer they kicked out 30 years ago desperately trying to attach himself to it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2018 at 12:41 AM, action said:

if Adler still gets texts from GNR, it means they still care

Of course but just shut the fuck up. :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Criticizing Axl doesn't make Adler any less of an idiot. It's possible for Adler to be an idiot and Axl to be less than perfect at the same time. Just like it should be possible for Guns N'Roses to do what they're doing without the original drummer they kicked out 30 years ago desperately trying to attach himself to it. 

steven-adler-prays-for-a-reunion.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, cineater said:

Of course but just shut the fuck up. :lol:

Yes, just for this :lol:👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Criticizing Axl doesn't make Adler any less of an idiot. It's possible for Adler to be an idiot and Axl to be less than perfect at the same time. Just like it should be possible for Guns N'Roses to do what they're doing without the original drummer they kicked out 30 years ago desperately trying to attach himself to it. 

Thank you so much, this is like the perfect example of what I was saying.

One is "an idiot" and the other one is "less than perfect" :rofl-lol:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

''Less than perfect'', the closest thing you'll get to a criticism of the redhead haha. You really had to say that through gritted teeth, didn't you?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Thank you so much, this is like the perfect example of what I was saying.

One is "an idiot" and the other one is "less than perfect" :rofl-lol:

One is also vastly more important to Guns N'Roses than the other. Actually only one them is even in Guns N'Roses so I don't know why we're comparing their faults in the first place. 

  • GNFNR 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"less than perfect" sounds like one of those 15 years old girls talking about Bieber or Harry Styles :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

''Less than perfect'', the closest thing you'll get to a criticism of the redhead haha. You really had to say that through gritted teeth, didn't you?

I don't care what you say about Axl and I don't care if it's true. There's no GNR without him. If you don't understand how much bigger of a deal Axl Rose is than Steven Adler is I don't know what to tell you. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Modano09 said:

I don't care what you say about Axl and I don't care if it's true. There's no GNR without him. If you don't understand how much bigger of a deal Axl Rose is than Steven Adler is I don't know what to tell you. 

I am not sure I instigated a conversation on the GN'R pecking order, but even if true, lowest rung does not inherently make one all the pejoratives under the sun whilst the foremost can only produce, through gritted teeth: ''less than perfect''. If you were trying to hide an unbiased preference for Rose, you are doing an extremely bad job in hiding it!

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I am not sure I instigated a conversation on the GN'R pecking order, but even if true, lowest rung does not inherently make one all the pejoratives under the sun whilst the foremost can only produce, through gritted teeth: ''less than perfect''. If you were trying to hide an unbiased preference for Rose, you are doing an extremely bad job in hiding it!

Oh I'm not trying to hide that I preference Axl Rose over Steven Adler. Like I said, one is a little more important to Guns N'Roses than the other. You can say anything you want about Axl and it all might be true - it doesn't change the fact I prefer him over Adler and you can't have GNR without him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

Oh I'm not trying to hide that I preference Axl Rose over Steven Adler. Like I said, one is a little more important to Guns N'Roses than the other. You can say anything you want about Axl and it all might be true - it doesn't change the fact I prefer him over Adler and you can't have GNR without him. 

As I said, I do not believe a conversation on a pecking order was present, but that is nice to know.

Personal preferences and importance are two different things. My favourite Beatle is George Harrison yet I couldn't reasonably make the case that he is more important than Lennon/McCartney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DieselDaisy said:

As I said, I do not believe a conversation on a pecking order was present, but that is nice to know.

Personal preferences and importance are two different things. My favourite Beatle is George Harrison yet I couldn't reasonably make the case that he is more important than Lennon/McCartney.

Well you can't reasonably make the case Adler should be in Guns N'Roses in 2018 either but here you are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

Well you can't reasonably make the case Adler should be in Guns N'Roses in 2018 either but here you are. 

I am not sure I have made that case with any passion - I'm too cynical to even care- but, why not?

The ''reunion'' would appear less ''half-cocked''. Currently the band is like some mutant offspring, Nugnr with old gnr's genetic code spliced in, Melissa acting as surrogate womb. Chuck Adler in there and you are 50% towards addressing the problem. Secondly, his drumming is fantastic and those Appetite songs have sounded crap since he was replaced. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I am not sure I have made that case with any passion - I'm too cynical to even care- but, why not?

The ''reunion'' would appear less ''half-cocked''. Currently the band is like some mutant offspring, Nugnr with old gnr's genetic code spliced in, Melissa acting as surrogate womb. Chuck Adler in there and you are 50% towards addressing the problem. Secondly, his drumming is fantastic and those Appetite songs have sounded crap since he was replaced. 

But he's also an obnoxious liability who can't keep his mouth shut and isn't worth the trouble, so why bother? It's not fair to hold it against the current band that Adler's a fool and they didn't want to deal with him. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

But he's also an obnoxious liability who can't keep his mouth shut and isn't worth the trouble, so why bother? It's not fair to hold it against the current band that Adler's a fool and they didn't want to deal with him. 

That's what the GN'R corporation make gullible guys like you believe, when the real reason to not include him is "not sharing the loot".

There you go, keep believing in Yoda :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, killuridols said:

That's what the GN'R corporation make gullible guys like you believe, when the real reason to not include him is "not sharing the loot".

There you go, keep believing in Yoda :lol:

Well he's not entitled to equal "loot" so if that's why he's not there, that's fair too. 

But given what we know and have seen from Adler for the last 30 some years I don't think him being a fool is some made up story with no substance to it - there's plenty of substance. Almost an abuse of substance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Well he's not entitled to equal "loot" so if that's why he's not there, that's fair too. 

But given what we know and have seen from Adler for the last 30 some years I don't think him being a fool is some made up story with no substance to it - there's plenty of substance. Almost an abuse of substance. 

I didn't say sharing the loot equally, just sharing, but the less people there are to share it with, the more the big fishes get ;)

If Adler being a fool (like you say) is the reason to not include him, then why did they make him rehearse before the Troubadour show at all? :shrugs:

The truth is none of the Big Three has said ANYTHING about Adler, absolutely nothing regarding his non-inclusion and you can't argue this FACT.

You can create your own teeny-boop fantasy world where Axl is your prince, sometimes "less than perfect" :facepalm:, but that should be relegated to the privacy of your room or at the least, your mind. We don't need to read about it here every single day, as if this was your intimate diary. We already know you've got the hots for the Axl. Chill out, man!

  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I didn't say sharing the loot equally, just sharing, but the less people there are to share it with, the more the big fishes get ;)

If Adler being a fool (like you say) is the reason to not include him, then why did they make him rehearse before the Troubadour show at all? :shrugs:

The truth is none of the Big Three has said ANYTHING about Adler, absolutely nothing regarding his non-inclusion and you can't argue this FACT.

You can create your own teeny-boop fantasy world where Axl is your prince, sometimes "less than perfect" :facepalm:, but that should be relegated to the privacy of your room or at the least, your mind. We don't need to read about it here every single day, as if this was your intimate diary. We already know you've got the hots for the Axl. Chill out, man!

Maybe they had him rehearsing because if they didn't include him he'd run his mouth about everything they were planning? Because he does that. Maybe he was going to be more involved than he was, but he was never going to be the full time drummer that the tour was relying on. 

I still don't get how criticizing Axl makes Adler less of a fool. Realistically Adler doesn't mean anything in 2018. He's an obnoxious fool and a footnote. He's the answer to a trivia question that most people would guess "Matt Sorum" at. 

Edited by Modano09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Adler=Job security for Frank.

 

Deal with it and move on. 

Axl would have brain back full time before Adler if something happened to Frank. 

Edited by Order of Nine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I am not sure I have made that case with any passion - I'm too cynical to even care- but, why not?

The ''reunion'' would appear less ''half-cocked''. Currently the band is like some mutant offspring, Nugnr with old gnr's genetic code spliced in, Melissa acting as surrogate womb. Chuck Adler in there and you are 50% towards addressing the problem. Secondly, his drumming is fantastic and those Appetite songs have sounded crap since he was replaced. 

Ha. Tell that to the filled stadiums. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Maybe they had him rehearsing because if they didn't include him he'd run his mouth about everything they were planning? Because he does that. Maybe he was going to be more involved than he was, but he was never going to be the full time drummer that the tour was relying on. 

I still don't get how criticizing Axl makes Adler less of a fool. Realistically Adler doesn't mean anything in 2018. He's an obnoxious fool and a footnote. He's the answer to a trivia question that most people would guess "Matt Sorum" at. 

What you say makes no sense, lol..... if you don't want someone talking about something you just don't tell them anything and don't call them to be part of whatever you are going to do :lol:

Criticizing Axl doesn't make anything about anyone else. Axl is terrible by his own doing, you don't need to put down Adler or anyone else in order to highlight Axl's mistakes.

Realistically, there are no teenager girls running after 56-year-old Axl in 2018. He doesn't mean anything in 2018 when it comes to musical impact, music charts and music influences. Youth does not look up to him anymore and most people do not take him seriously. The guy who used to be a poster boy is now a poster "old woman" used to make some cartoon character associate sex with disgusting looking people.

Who would have thought of that in 1991?

  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What you say makes no sense, lol..... if you don't want someone talking about something you just don't tell them anything and don't call them to be part of whatever you are going to do :lol:

Criticizing Axl doesn't make anything about anyone else. Axl is terrible by his own doing, you don't need to put down Adler or anyone else in order to highlight Axl's mistakes.

Realistically, there are no teenager girls running after 56-year-old Axl in 2018. He doesn't mean anything in 2018 when it comes to musical impact, music charts and music influences. Youth does not look up to him anymore and most people do not take him seriously. The guy who used to be a poster boy is now a poster "old woman" used to make some cartoon character associate sex with disgusting looking people.

Who would have thought of that in 1991?

Then get your time machine and go back to 1991 or you could move on? Impossible for someone as bitter as yourself, here Guns is just about back on top I'd argue and your still crying. But if this tour and this boxset and this single weren't out let me guess you would be happy? Adler will be lucky to play a couple songs again once every blue moon. He is bad for business, he's a buzzkill, he's a liability because he's never done a tour of this scope, if the band is happier without him then guess what? It's the RIGHT decision.

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×