Adler says Fernando is key to Reunion

Are you guys discussing who is the most progressive of Steven and Axl? Again? Really?

Every time Axl has released something, AFD, UYI, CD, it has shown some kind of development, a desire to explore new direction. Not like going from hard rock to free jazz or something, but adding new arrangements, new instruments, try out different genres within rock, etc. Is there anything that suggests this seemingly inherent aspect of Axl's musicianship, his willingness to renew himself in his art, has somehow stopped?  That for unknown reasons if he were to release anything new, he would revert back to AFD or some other former style of music? I see no reason to make that assumption. It seems completely baseless to me. Of course, none of us knows this for sure, because he hasn't released anything recently, but looking at past history it is only natural to assume that he would be still be interested in exploring new styles and genres, if he were to create anything new. You might still argue that we don't know and hence your point is as valid as mine, but at least my argument is based on what we know of him from before and not based on something that flies in the face of his nature. He has also, in numerous interviews talked about his interested in all kinds of music and a desire to go in new direction. So there's that, too.

As for Steven. Isn't he like 100 % and nothing else hair rock? I mean, has he ever shown an interest in releasing anything that falls outside the scope of 80s rock? 

• Like 2

On 14.5.2018 at 3:28 AM, NOVEMBER COMA said:

Seems that way but a good note I suppose is that it looks like that TB gets along well with Slash/Duff & in this case Adler. It is possibly the best management GNR has had since Goldstein.  

Goldstein a good manager? He was probably the most responsible person for the break up in the first place.

• GNFNR 1

On a side note, If Adler and people like his brother keep up thier antics I really hope someone says something official or unofficially to put him in his place. It probably won't but the Guns camp has to be irritated by now. 

Adler bites the hand that could feed continuously.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Please point me in the direction of an actual Axl release.

The material that you claim sounds like Korn. Which proves my point as much as I disagree with that it shows a move from the past. I know you can't move on but it's simply a fact now. 

As far as I'm concerned Steven has the right to speak freely about the band he was part of cause even if I don't believe it helps the situation at all, axl slash and duff kinda fucked him big time. Honestly it wasn't supposed to be like this after so many years of watching guns from the outside even if the positions available in the band were lead guitarist and bass. They could have made Steven a part of it easily and it would have meant the world to him and the hardcore fans not to mention bring back his classic sound. Would have made the band better and axl even talked about having two drummers in the past I believe. So of course he is bitter who wouldn't be

Edited by Rovim
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

On a side note, If Adler and people like his brother keep up thier antics I really hope someone says something official or unofficially to put him in his place. It probably won't but the Guns camp has to be irritated by now. 

Adler bites the hand that could feed continuously.

The material that you claim sounds like Korn. Which proves my point as much as I disagree with that it shows a move from the past. I know you can't move on but it's simply a fact now. 

Why doesn't Rose move on from the past and release a song?

i've been reading this thread and somehow it got back to the creativity of Axl vs Adler. Just this debate is great reading and really rather funny. We have the former drummer with his band and Constantine as the lead singer touring AFD. This is what one would expect. People outside of this forum don't want to hear anything Adler creates. They want to hear what he was a part of. That's how people are. There's no reason for Adler to move on. We all know he would rather it be the 1988 lineup, or a lineup with Adler as the drummer of GnR. 

Axl has always been wanting to move on from AFD. Many I think are too young to remember the wait for UYI but there was a wait and was so difficult for 21 year old me. I would go to the record store every week asking. When it was released, I went that day and couldn't wait to get them on my turn table. My first reaction to UYI? It wasn't AFD and I was distraught! That's when I first learned that my favorite band had changed. The more I listened to UYI, the more it grew on me and I ultimately loved it but for reasons other than how I loved AFD.  GnR has always evolved. Maybe that's why I can listen to CD and hear that it's a continued evolution of GnR. 

There is no requirement that GnR/Axl ever release new material. But if one looked back solely over 1998-2008, it's creative evolution is evident and that is because of Axl. 

Edited by Kwick1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rovim said:

As far as I'm concerned Steven has the right to speak freely about the band he was part of cause even if I don't believe it helps the situation at all, axl slash and duff kinda fucked him big time. Honestly it wasn't supposed to be like this after so many years of watching guns from the outside even if the positions available in the band were lead guitarist and bass. They could have made Steven a part of it easily and it would have meant the world to him and the hardcore fans not to mention bring back his classic sound. Would have made the band better and axl even talked about having two drummers in the past I believe. So of course he is bitter who wouldn't be

Or they just go with the drummer who's going to show up in and be in condition to play every night without causing headaches or whining on the radio if you don't give him whatever he wants any given night.

He tried to play the victim for years, grouping himself in with Slash and Duff as the poor guys who were wronged by Axl. Then when Slash and Duff rejoin the band and don't take him with them he's trying to put himself in the same group as Izzy. 

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Axl doesn't seem to release music that does not reflect where he is at musically and it seems it also must be of a high quality but that's just my take on it

Edited by Rovim

2 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Or they just go with the drummer who's going to show up in and be in condition to play every night without causing headaches or whining on the radio if you don't give him whatever he wants any given night.

He tried to play the victim for years, grouping himself in with Slash and Duff as the poor guys who were wronged by Axl. Then when Slash and Duff rejoin the band and don't take him with them he's trying to put himself in the same group as Izzy. 

But all he wants is to be a part of it and I don't mean one song. Also he can play the shit out of the appetite tunes every night. 

Just now, Rovim said:

But all he wants is to be a part of it and I don't mean one song. Also he can play the shit out of the appetite tunes every night. 

But it's really not about what he wants. If he wasn't how he is he probably could be move involved or even be the full time drummer, but he is, and they know that.

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He released an entire album of material, Chinese democracy. You know the ablbum that you claim sounds like Korn yet you can produce an album for me to hear that can compare it to the past which you claim Axl is stuck in.

But please keep running yourself in circles. I ask you try to deflect. 

11 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

i've been reading this thread and somehow it got back to the creativity of Axl vs Adler. Just this debate is great reading and really rather funny. We have the former drummer with his band and Constantine as the lead singer touring AFD. This is what one would expect. People outside of this forum don't want to hear anything Adler creates. They want to hear what he was a part of. That's how people are. There's no reason for Adler to move on. We all know he would rather it be the 1988 lineup, or a lineup with Adler as the drummer of GnR. 

Axl has always been wanting to move on from AFD. Many I think are too young to remember the wait for UYI but there was a wait and was so difficult for 21 year old me. I would go to the record store every week asking. When it was released, I went that day and couldn't wait to get them on my turn table. My first reaction to UYI? It wasn't AFD and I was distraught! That's when I first learned that my favorite band had changed. The more I listened to UYI, the more it grew on me and I ultimately loved it but for reasons other than how I loved AFD.  GnR has always evolved. Maybe that's why I can listen to CD and hear that it's a continued evolution of GnR. 

There is no requirement that GnR/Axl ever release new material. But if one looked back solely over 1998-2008, it's creative evolution is evident and that is because of Axl. 

Exactly, an evolution. Not carbon copy releases. It moved forward. Now maybe alot of people didn't like the direction or the time lapses or the fact that more music has not materialized but the facts are the facts. Axl and Guns progressed onward with the direction of the music.

23 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Dude Steve is a huge liability, even now Sober. He's to immature, to unstable, he had no self control.

Just now, Order of Nine said:

Dude Steve is a huge liability, even now Sober. He's to immature, to unstable, he had no self control.

Bro they can fall back on frank anytime and just give Steven a chance to play a few shows only appetite tunes. There is no risk that's just a fuckin myth imo

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

What do they know? He deserves much much better than being ignored like that and the reason he opens his mouth in the first place is because they shunned him like that. There was no good reason to not include him. I mean not even one show not even 3 songs. It's pretty fucked up when you think about it

He was thrown out of the band almost 30 years ago, why are they obligated to include him? If Izzy was involved and it was meant to be a true reunion, sure, but Slash and Duff re-joining GNR doesn't mean Adler has to be invited too.

2 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

He was thrown out of the band almost 30 years ago, why are they obligated to include him? If Izzy was involved and it was meant to be a true reunion, sure, but Slash and Duff re-joining GNR doesn't mean Adler has to be invited too.

Maybe not but it's the right thing to do cause it will be so easy for them and there's no downside as well. It's another original element in the live shows no one is talking about an album or full membership here just inclusion

53 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

Haha. 

So what are you happy about?

I was happy with the tour. Axl/DC, the release and SOYL.  

I saw client deposited my payment in bank account. That makes me happy 😍

55 minutes ago, Order of Nine said:

And some of that material was started in the early 90s and it still sounds nothing like the cock rock your comparing it to.

But please, keep rehashing a desperate non valid point that is irrelevant. Time stamps on released material 

Huh? Lol I don't know what you talking about :lol:

Just now, Rovim said:

Maybe not but it's the right thing to do cause it will be so easy for them and there's no downside as well. It's another original element in the live shows no one is talking about an album or full membership here just inclusion

There's a lot of downside. You don't know if he'll go off on a bender for one. Relationships within the band could still be a bit fragile, or were starting off, and you don't need Adler's mouth stirring anything up. Everyone seems to be on the same page in terms of what their plans are and keeping things out of the media - if Adler wants to do something different he'll hound them to do what he wants and be on the radio complaining as soon as they tell him no. 

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

There's a lot of downside. You don't know if he'll go off on a bender for one. Relationships within the band could still be a bit fragile, or were starting off, and you don't need Adler's mouth stirring anything up. Everyone seems to be on the same page in terms of what their plans are and keeping things out of the media - if Adler wants to do something different he'll hound them to do what he wants and be on the radio complaining as soon as they tell him no. 

The most dangerous drummer in the world

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Bro they can fall back on frank anytime and just give Steven a chance to play a few shows only appetite tunes. There is no risk that's just a fuckin myth imo

Yeah, but it still means dealing with Adler and with his frustrations and complaints, his child-like behavior, shit- talking in the press and his mother and everything that goes with it, which, it seems, is exactly what they want to avoid. Steven wants to be a full-time drummer in GN'R. He is 100% certain he's capable of it and anything less is an insult to him. That means he'll be  frustrated with them with anything less. And that will sooner or later lead to problems. We don't know what the behind the scenes lookes like with Steven. We don't know what he was expecting, asking, complaining about. Maybe it was unmanagable for them in a longer term? We don't know. And don't get me wrong. I am not defending them. I still think having him fly over to play ONE song was idiotic and insulting to pretty much everyone. But I can understand they might not want to deal on a regular basis with a guy who has a mind of a 12-year old and what's more constanly feels he's not getting enough from them.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Asia said:

Yeah, but it still means dealing with Adler and with his frustrations and complaints, his child-like behavior, shit- talking in the press and his mother and everything that goes with it, which, it seems, is exactly what they want to avoid. Steven wants to be a full-time drummer in GN'R. He is 100% certain he's capable of it and anything less is an insult to him. That means he'll be  frustrated with them with anything less. And that will sooner or later lead to problems. We don't know what the behind the scenes lookes like with Steven. We don't know what he was expecting, asking, complaining about. Maybe it was unmanagable for them in a longer term? We don't know. And don't get me wrong. I am not defending them. I still think having him fly over to play ONE song was idiotic and insulting to pretty much everyone. But I can understand they might not want to deal on a regular basis with a guy who has a mind of a 12-year old and what's more constanly feels he's not getting enough from them.

Isn't his wife from Argentina? It sounded like they picked that show to give him a chance to go to Argentina and play in front of his wife and her family. But even that got turned into a needless complication because he wanted to play both nights. You can debate whether they should have let him play both nights in the first place but the fact he can't just show up when he's supposed to and tried to force himself into more kinda supports why they don't want to deal with him.