Guns N' Roses-Saskatoon,Canada 03/26/1993 *NEW THREAD*

Can we at least figure out who's behind the YouTube takedowns?

Like I mentioned in the previous thread, the copyright bots might be detecting the snippet of whatever song is playing before McBob does the intro - try muting or trimming that part off and see if the video stays up

Just now, TheSeeker said:

Like I mentioned in the previous thread, the copyright bots might be detecting the snippet of whatever song is playing before McBob does the intro - try muting or trimming that part off and see if the video stays up

Same people that is taking the torrents down.

1 minute ago, TheSeeker said:

My guess is that GNR (their Management) found out about this (obviously) and registered it at IFPI. So now they can let it be taken down (At least manually at the moment because there are still links up and I'm uploading it too in a few minutes just for testing). Not sure why the threads get deleted here though.

13 minutes ago, AFDRR said:

My guess is that GNR (their Management) found out about this (obviously) and registered it at IFPI. So now they can let it be taken down (At least manually at the moment because there are still links up and I'm uploading it too in a few minutes just for testing). Not sure why the threads get deleted here though.

It's just far easier for us to remove the old thread with all the links and requests and create a new one. The old thread was 15 or so pages. If we'd gone through the trouble of removing/editing all the links and requests for links, it would've ended up being down to about 1 or 2 pages anyway lol

7 minutes ago, fernomenoyde said:

Absolutely manual, it's a shame but we all know how it works. I'm really pissed with all this nosense. 

I'm almost done with this band, there's nothing wrong about sharing a show from two decades ago. Why don't they go and put some official stuff we can all buy?

Couldn't agree more. A lot of us have been begging GN'R to officially release this type of stuff for years and they just won't. We've made it clear we'd happily pay for it if they'd just let us. They won't for whatever reason and now we have to go without altogether. It's just ridiculous. 

Just now, fernomenoyde said:

Someone alert him about the strikes!!! Nobody wants his channel shutted down by whoever is behind this sh*t.

Nah, his channel won't be shutted down. Back in the day I had 3 golden gods videos on my channel and the 3 got taken down. The only consequence was not being able to upload videos longer than 15 minutes for some months

This is like what happened with London 2012, at first all the videos were taken down. But there were so many uploaded that they stopped caring

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ninjapie24 said:

God, I hate that this fucking shit is happening. Just let the fans have fun with *new* content.

Trust me when I say we're not happy about it either. We just have to protect the forum from legal trouble is all. Doesn't mean we're happy about it lol

• Like 3

I already posted something but it's gone i have quite a few Saskatoon clips on my channel and some of them have a copyright notice saying I can't monetize these vids (which I never do) but they will monetize them and I can leave them up without a strike. I have this on almost all my videos 

Edited by FRANSAD
  • GNFNR 1

This is why I hate record labels and a lot of bands. See if it were my band or label, I would look at all the interest in this release and see all the people willing to pay good money for something that while awesome is inferior to a product that we have just sitting in a vault somewhere my first thought would be "Wow, a lot of interest and potential buyers out there for a product that we can release for a minimal amount of money, how can we plan to get this stuff out and monetize it to the best of our ability so we make money and the fans are happy customers and will continue to support us!"

Just very frustrating and boggles my mind that this is not more of the mindset in the industry.

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

How does this thing work? :question:

You people get the content taken down but there's no explanation of what is the violation?

Can anyone push a button and have your content taken down or do they need to be the owners of the material and prove it?

Copyright owners (who care) inform YT and they take it down. Not sure about YT's bot stuff - I had videos of other bands uploaded which were blocked worldwide the second it was uploaded (New BBC stuff is a good example here). I don't know though when there are videos blocked and when deleted. I think the blocking is automatically (mostly) but the deleting (including a strike) only goes manually. There would be a chance YT takes the strike back but this includes writing the copyright owner an email and ask them to take the delete back - which most owners don't bother to even read...

• Thanks 1