Guns N' Roses-Saskatoon,Canada 03/26/1993 *NEW THREAD*

5 minutes ago, Skin N Bones said:

I noticed today that eBay doesn't have any more listings for the "Rose in the wild" DVD cd set and that the Japanese websites that were selling them don't have them either any more. Coincidence or does anyone think that someone shut that down too? 

Rose In The Wild was a limited edition run.
It may be sold out. I ordered a copy last weekend.

Eager to receive it!

DMCA complaints aren't going to phase the bootleg outlets in Japan.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

Rose In The Wild was a limited edition run.
It may be sold out. I ordered a copy last weekend.

Eager to receive it!

DMCA complaints aren't going to phase the bootleg outlets in Japan.

Yes, I agree that it's unlikely the bootleggers would get shut down.  The smaller set that just had the Saskatoon show seems to have also disappeared; was that one limited edition too? Glad I ordered one even though I have it on my hard drive 

From what I've seen, the 2CD/DVD version is a "numbered limited edition" as well. This doesn't mean it is truly limited edition, though.
The numbering scheme may be a racket to entice people to buy the silver bootleg sets.

Expect a bunch of knock off versions with different covers and titles soon.

There is little honor among thieves...

I ordered the 2CD/DVD version as well.

I wanted to the obtain the original version, while I could...

• Like 1

The Saskatoon DVD has been uploaded to Usenet, a binary depository where millions of people around the world will be able to download the Saskatoon DVD anonymously. No more P2P nonsense! Use your favorite binary search engine to find it. :headbang:

Good luck trying to have the Saskatoon DVD removed from Usenet!! :P

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

11 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Well well...A Use Your Illusion box set is definitely in the pipeline unless this one completely bombs! All these takedowns which isn't been the norm is almost a certain 

a precedent for that....

Huh? Again- the band has absolutely nothing to do with these videos being taken down. 

22 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

The Saskatoon DVD has been uploaded to Usenet, a binary depository where millions of people around the world will be able to download the Saskatoon DVD anonymously. No more P2P nonsense! Use your favorite binary search engine to find it. :headbang:

Good luck trying to have the Saskatoon DVD removed from Usenet!! :P

Awesome. Well done. 

• Like 1

I tend not to comment much but I do appreciate this thread so much! Been checking regularly for updates as it’s great to get such great quality footage of the band as I’ve watched every other show from the 80s and 90s a million times? This may be a stupid question but are you guys saying that the torrent is on Usenet because it’s less compressed than the three versions on YouTube? I just ripped it from YouTube and I’m sure it probably is compressed but it still sounds and looks decent! Also just want to give a shout out to frans for the amazing channel and good work!

5 hours ago, Theseeker123 said:

I tend not to comment much but I do appreciate this thread so much! Been checking regularly for updates as it’s great to get such great quality footage of the band as I’ve watched every other show from the 80s and 90s a million times? This may be a stupid question but are you guys saying that the torrent is on Usenet because it’s less compressed than the three versions on YouTube? I just ripped it from YouTube and I’m sure it probably is compressed but it still sounds and looks decent! Also just want to give a shout out to frans for the amazing channel and good work!

There are no torrents on Usenet. It's all direct download through your usenet server. The Saskatoon DVD VIDEO_TS folder was uploaded in 25 500MB RAR files and 1.04GB PAR recovery files. Your Newsreader (I like Newsbin.com) will extract the Saskatoon VIDEO_TS folder from the RAR files, which you could burn to a DVD.

Edited by rockphantom
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, FRANSAD said:

So here are some screenshots i promised i blackened out any sensitive info to be down with the rules

x02nbz0.jpg

First pic is a claim for Get in the ring song which i used for the intro of DTJ and after that couple of hours later second pic where they striked me for that video

cAWSiOj.jpg

3rd pic other Saskatoon Video being monetized                                                            4th pic removal of sound city demo without any strike or whatsoever

YyHTA8t.jpg

5th pic monetizing claim for PARIS NEW SOURCE  DISCOVERED MANUALLY            6TH Pic monetizing claim got this last week for had this video for over a year also DISCOVERED MANUALLY

hhR1Gl8.jpg

Estimated earnings so you can see what could make certain channels interesting for bands or record companies 

From what i've understand the strikes should be lifted any moment now if not i will take my own action tommorow

..thats crazy bro!! ..call ya later!

4 hours ago, rockphantom said:

There are no torrents on Usenet. It's all direct download through your usenet server. The Saskatoon DVD VIDEO_TS folder was uploaded in 25 500MB RAR files and 1.04GB PAR recovery files. Your Newsreader (I like Newsbin.com) will extract Saskatoon VIDEO_TS folder from the RAR files, which you could burn to a DVD.

Thanks man! 

14 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Huh? Again- the band has absolutely nothing to do with these videos being taken down. 

I'm not entirely convinced of that, not so much with ''the band'' but people affiliated with the band.

Edited by DieselDaisy

42 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not entirely convinced of that, not so much with ''the band'' but people affiliated with the band.

If the band or anyone actually associated with the band (read: not losers just ruining things for actual fans of the band) was even remotely concerned with this show being out there, Downzy and I would've been notified weeks ago when the discussion started on the board about the show being released soon.

• Like 4

Some more info on the 'Rose In The Wild' boxset :

- Hartford audio is an EXACT copy of the 'Nice Fellas' silver 2 cd, which is a shame because 'F*ckin' Hartford' is the prefered release for this show, 'Nice Fellas' is edited and has fade ins/outs between certain songs

- Hartford video is the 1 disc version that  has been circulating for ages

- Saskatoon audio is ripped straight from the DVD, and is lossy

- The extra cdr with 'You Could Be Mine best live version' is at first listen exactly the same as featured on the Saskatoon audio discs

I tried to insert some actual pictures of the set, but it appears I'm too stupid :P

Edited by Nikki_Sixx
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

If the band or anyone actually associated with the band (read: not losers just ruining things for actual fans of the band) was even remotely concerned with this show being out there, Downzy and I would've been notified weeks ago when the discussion started on the board about the show being released soon.

Yet as I speak we are seeing a fantastically illiberal and disdainful opinion on the fanbase from a key - perhaps the key - component of Rose's coterie? I know you have your ''insiders'' but the dots connect.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Some more info on the 'Rose In The Wild' boxset :

- Hartford audio is an EXACT copy of the 'Nice Fellas' silver 2 cd, which is a shame because 'F*ckin' Hartford' is the prefered release for this show, 'Nice Fellas' is edited and has fade ins/outs between certain songs

- Hartford video is the 1 disc version that  has been circulating for ages

- Saskatoon audio is ripped straight from the DVD, and is lossy

- The extra cdr with 'You Could Be Mine best live version' is at first listen exactly the same as featured on the Saskatoon audio discs

I tried to insert some actual pictures of the set, but it appears I'm too stupid :P

Thank for for the info Nikki_Sixx! It's a shame that the bonus contents were just rip offs of old bootlegs. 
I hope you'll enjoy having that cool looking box in your collection! 

21 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yet as I speak we are seeing a fantastically illiberal and disdainful opinion on the fanbase from a key - perhaps the key - component of Rose's coterie? I know you have your ''insiders'' but the dots connect.

What's your evidence? The mods say they haven't been contacted by GnR management, the people getting the strikes on their channels have a good idea who it is and it appears to be some former crazy forum member. You do know that anyone that has a youtube account can get strikes on people's accounts right? They don't have to be GnR management to do that lol.

30 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Fernando isn't attacking "the fanbase", he is targeting some of them, because of his vagueness it isn't immediately clear who that is. But it is apparently not all of us. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

What's your evidence? The mods say they haven't been contacted by GnR management, the people getting the strikes on their channels have a good idea who it is and it appears to be some former crazy forum member. 

Equally, I see no evidence to the contrary.

6 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

You do know that anyone that has a youtube account can get strikes on people's accounts right? They don't have to be GnR management to do that lol.

Then it shouldn't be so hard for an associate to do it either.

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You seriously think Fernandos shitty comments directed towards the only people who still care about GNR have anything to do with an old proshot bootleg? 

Nah... My guess is their ridiculously over priced, under valued boxed set isn't selling anywhere near what they'd hoped, so he went poking around to find out why. 

I'm not saying ''I believe it is so''. I'm not even saying that it is ''the most probable''. What I am saying however is I am not completely convinced that it has got nothing to do with band management. This could be as flimsy as some sort of fan who has become closely associated with the band, and wishes to ingratiate himself with the band/management by acting in an (for lack of a better term) ''Axley manner''.

Links for the Saskatoon show (as well as for other bootlegs) have been shared on a forum owned by an employee of the band/TB -  HTGTH, that is.

To me that's enough evidence that the band/TB are not behind taking the links and videos down.

• Like 2