Guns N' Roses-Saskatoon,Canada 03/26/1993 *NEW THREAD*

3 minutes ago, Chunder Monkey said:

Some of the strikes come from an entity that is intentionally named to misleadingly resemble the name of previously legitimate publishing company. Problem is, the real company wound up many years back, and the assets are now controlled by an entirely different company that has a dissimilar name. Additionally the entity making these strikes does not even appear to be a properly registered business despite having a name that would suggest it is. So re-capping: It isn't a business at all, it doesn't have the correct name of the business for the past, and the assets these days are known to be controlled by a third party who is different, so its rather obvious that it is in fact a sham account. Which is interesting, as it means it's a sham that has been operating for many years, illegally exerting control over properties it doesn't own and misrepresenting itself in a potentially fraudulent way as an agent of the official companies. 

The other strikes come from an individual who posts on some forums. This person is known to the people who got strikes. He requested the links to the show. Then he had them blocked. The people involved know this because they were told who reported them.

Meanwhile, we have mods here saying they have not heard anything from the band's official channels about this issue. 

Therefore, there's really no reason to think this comes from the band, at most it's misguided fans who somehow hope to win the favour of the band by doing what they perceive the band would want, but if that's the case there's still nothing to suggest they are right about it. Hoarders like to hoard. I think it's that simple.

Everything he just said. This post is 100% spot on. 

• Like 1

i dont know the full story of this ex forum member but from what i can work out they are checking the forum, seeing something we take pleasure in, such as a new found pro shot and throwing a spanner in the works. doing all they can to stop us watching it. they obviously have a grudge, a big one. the forum is open for anyone not logged in to browse, including banned members. surely locking the forum so only registered users that are logged in can view the threads would help. the mods/admin can also block IP addresses of banned members. just a thought. 

• Like 2

Anyone know what the bitrate was on the audio for the show? Does the CDs come with FLAC audio? It’s stupid that the show didn’t come lossless on the DVD. Not to try and sound unappreciative, but it’s frustrating that we don’t have Lossless audio of the JohnM Chicago show and it’d be more so if we didn’t for saskatoon

15 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Some more info on the 'Rose In The Wild' boxset :

- Hartford audio is an EXACT copy of the 'Nice Fellas' silver 2 cd, which is a shame because 'F*ckin' Hartford' is the prefered release for this show

Well I've always prefered Nice Fellas over the other one, I feel the audio less saturated there

7 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Anyone know what the bitrate was on the audio for the show? Does the CDs come with FLAC audio? It’s stupid that the show didn’t come lossless on the DVD. Not to try and sound unappreciative, but it’s frustrating that we don’t have Lossless audio of the JohnM Chicago show and it’d be more so if we didn’t for saskatoon

fan4fan version claims to be wav PCM, although it seems to be false. Personally, I think whoever made the transfer of the stolen tapes had to be quick and couldn't stop with details like making it loseless. Be glad to have the footage

12 hours ago, Chunder Monkey said:

Some of the strikes come from an entity that is intentionally named to misleadingly resemble the name of previously legitimate publishing company. Problem is, the real company wound up many years back, and the assets are now controlled by an entirely different company that has a dissimilar name. Additionally the entity making these strikes does not even appear to be a properly registered business despite having a name that would suggest it is. So re-capping: It isn't a business at all, it doesn't have the correct name of the business for the past, and the assets these days are known to be controlled by a third party who is different, so its rather obvious that it is in fact a sham account. Which is interesting, as it means it's a sham that has been operating for many years, illegally exerting control over properties it doesn't own and misrepresenting itself in a potentially fraudulent way as an agent of the official companies. 

The other strikes come from an individual who posts on some forums. This person is known to the people who got strikes. He requested the links to the show. Then he had them blocked. The people involved know this because they were told who reported them.

Meanwhile, we have mods here saying they have not heard anything from the band's official channels about this issue. 

Therefore, there's really no reason to think this comes from the band, at most it's misguided fans who somehow hope to win the favour of the band by doing what they perceive the band would want, but if that's the case there's still nothing to suggest they are right about it. Hoarders like to hoard. I think it's that simple.

Can't wait to see what DieselDaisy responds with on this, CAN'T WAIT!

2 hours ago, fanfzero said:

fan4fan version claims to be wav PCM, although it seems to be false. Personally, I think whoever made the transfer of the stolen tapes had to be quick and couldn't stop with details like making it loseless. Be glad to have the footage

All versions are lossy.  You can transfer the original audio to WAV, but your source is still lossy.

This is nonsense, if they had the time to do a transfer off the VHS tape, then they could've easily done a transfer of the lossless audio off the VHS tape, and pressed that onto CD.

My guess is, Empress Valley (the bootleg company) received this on DVDR, which means they never had a chance to do ANY transfer.  They just authored and repressed onto DVD.

Either that or they don't have a clue :lol:

On 5/16/2018 at 2:25 AM, TheSeeker said:

No that's a different person with the same screen name

You messaged me a few times and I said "yes" because I was interested where you were going to take the conversation, but you just kept asking me to unban you or something

Can't help you there, sorry

No problem!

I, however, must contest what you have said.  I have never been a member of Nightrain and therefore never requested to be unbanned?  Can you check your PM history and confirm?

On 14/05/2018 at 2:42 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Neil Young says he loves bootlegs as it maintains interest in him between albums. 

But is it a bootleg when it's a pro shot/mixed show. Seems more like a leak, similar to a studio album.

I doubt they were ever going to release it on their own.... Long shot would have been a UYI reissue, but what are the odds that they even remembered recording this gig?

Edited by Tom2112

42 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

Every show on the UYI tour was professionally filmed and mixed for archival/security purposes. Saskatoon was one of the few that got out...

The gig at pantages in 1991 was even shot on film, so it's movie quality. I'd be seriously bummed if that never got released. Shannon Hoon came out and they played Bad Apples for the last time ever

• Like 1

Just now, UsedYourIllusion said:

Also, has anyone been in contact with the fellow who responded in the old Saskatoon thread about having old, pro-shot shows on tape? It sounded like he had a full show along with another 60 minutes of proshot stuff

I just thought about that too. Would be amazing!

1 hour ago, Waemoth said:

I just thought about that too. Would be amazing!

Yeah, what is the status of the other stuff where there is at least one full pro shot 1993 Italy show and 30 minutes of proshot film from Helsinki Finland 1991 show?

Just now, Litti said:

Yeah, what is the status of the other stuff where there is at least one full pro shot 1993 Italy show and 30 minutes of proshot film from Helsinki Finland 1991 show?

I think there was one complete pro shot of Vienna 1993 and one mostly complete of Vienna 1992?

• Like 1

"This has nothing to do with the actual topic here although I can't wait to see that footage.

But if someone here (preferably in Europe as I live in Austria now so sending would not take too long) is able to digitize from VHS, Video8 and Hi8 I would have a few tapes that might be interesting for the fans here. I don't have a player anymore for neither of them so I can't take pics or videos of the TV but I'm not asking for money just for someone transferring the footage for free - a proper copy of the stuff would be nice though after it's done :D and obviously it should be shared somehow after for free (torrent, YT, whatever)

The footage I'm talking about would be:

Amsterdam - October 2nd, 1987 - VHS Unknown Gen, 20 minutes recorded by the venue with 1 cam, transferred badly to VHS but watchable.

Manchester - October 6th, 1987 - Master Video8, audience shot of the full gig.

Tokyo - December 10th, 1988 - Master Hi8, audience shot of the full gig.

Helsinki - August 13th, 1991 - VHS probably 1st Gen, about 30 minutes pro filmed with 1 cam. No idea who filmed it but I guess a TV station. Got the tape from a finnish workmate years ago.

Vienna - May 23rd, 1992 - VHS from the master tapes, about 90 minutes pro footage filmed by Austrian TV station ORF with 2 cameras as far as I remember. Not all from the gig though, there's a few interview clips with the band and fans plus maybe 5 minutes of the soundcheck, so around 60-70 minutes gig footage. Aside from a few interviews none of this eas shown on TV

Vienna - June 2nd, 1993 - VHS from the master tapes, full gig pro footage, multicam, also by ORF with 2 or 3 cams. None shown on TV

Lyon - July 9th 1993 - 2 Master Hi8 tapes (one shot from the side of the stage and one between fist row and stage) and 1 VHS badly cut together by both. Audience, full gig.

All of them are legit as I watched them all. I would have a few other which I can't confirm as I haven't watched them ever but I would send them too, maybe they are real. Also I have some Video8 and Hi8 tapes filmed by myself from US and UK gigs but they are far from pro but maybe you want to see them.

So if someone is able to digitize them properly I'm happy to give the tapes away."

This is what he siad.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Waemoth said:

"This has nothing to do with the actual topic here although I can't wait to see that footage.

But if someone here (preferably in Europe as I live in Austria now so sending would not take too long) is able to digitize from VHS, Video8 and Hi8 I would have a few tapes that might be interesting for the fans here. I don't have a player anymore for neither of them so I can't take pics or videos of the TV but I'm not asking for money just for someone transferring the footage for free - a proper copy of the stuff would be nice though after it's done :D and obviously it should be shared somehow after for free (torrent, YT, whatever)

The footage I'm talking about would be:

Amsterdam - October 2nd, 1987 - VHS Unknown Gen, 20 minutes recorded by the venue with 1 cam, transferred badly to VHS but watchable.

Manchester - October 6th, 1987 - Master Video8, audience shot of the full gig.

Tokyo - December 10th, 1988 - Master Hi8, audience shot of the full gig.

Helsinki - August 13th, 1991 - VHS probably 1st Gen, about 30 minutes pro filmed with 1 cam. No idea who filmed it but I guess a TV station. Got the tape from a finnish workmate years ago.

Vienna - May 23rd, 1992 - VHS from the master tapes, about 90 minutes pro footage filmed by Austrian TV station ORF with 2 cameras as far as I remember. Not all from the gig though, there's a few interview clips with the band and fans plus maybe 5 minutes of the soundcheck, so around 60-70 minutes gig footage. Aside from a few interviews none of this eas shown on TV

Vienna - June 2nd, 1993 - VHS from the master tapes, full gig pro footage, multicam, also by ORF with 2 or 3 cams. None shown on TV

Lyon - July 9th 1993 - 2 Master Hi8 tapes (one shot from the side of the stage and one between fist row and stage) and 1 VHS badly cut together by both. Audience, full gig.

All of them are legit as I watched them all. I would have a few other which I can't confirm as I haven't watched them ever but I would send them too, maybe they are real. Also I have some Video8 and Hi8 tapes filmed by myself from US and UK gigs but they are far from pro but maybe you want to see them.

So if someone is able to digitize them properly I'm happy to give the tapes away."

This is what he siad.

google it. you will find shops near you that can do it for a reasonable price. getting your old VHS wedding video and such like put on a memory stick is very common