Guns N' Roses-Saskatoon,Canada 03/26/1993 *NEW THREAD*

6 hours ago, WillBailey said:

Great work for the remaster but 10GB looks gigantic to me for a 480p source. Any way you could share a 4GB version? (which is still huge i know) More practical to use (lots of players have FAT32 limits).

Anyway thanks for the hard work!

If you rip the DVD image straight it’s 4 gigs so you could use that instead of the upgraded 10gb.

On 5/18/2018 at 5:36 PM, Waemoth said:

"This has nothing to do with the actual topic here although I can't wait to see that footage.

But if someone here (preferably in Europe as I live in Austria now so sending would not take too long) is able to digitize from VHS, Video8 and Hi8 I would have a few tapes that might be interesting for the fans here. I don't have a player anymore for neither of them so I can't take pics or videos of the TV but I'm not asking for money just for someone transferring the footage for free - a proper copy of the stuff would be nice though after it's done :D and obviously it should be shared somehow after for free (torrent, YT, whatever)

The footage I'm talking about would be:

Amsterdam - October 2nd, 1987 - VHS Unknown Gen, 20 minutes recorded by the venue with 1 cam, transferred badly to VHS but watchable.

Manchester - October 6th, 1987 - Master Video8, audience shot of the full gig.

Tokyo - December 10th, 1988 - Master Hi8, audience shot of the full gig.

Helsinki - August 13th, 1991 - VHS probably 1st Gen, about 30 minutes pro filmed with 1 cam. No idea who filmed it but I guess a TV station. Got the tape from a finnish workmate years ago.

Vienna - May 23rd, 1992 - VHS from the master tapes, about 90 minutes pro footage filmed by Austrian TV station ORF with 2 cameras as far as I remember. Not all from the gig though, there's a few interview clips with the band and fans plus maybe 5 minutes of the soundcheck, so around 60-70 minutes gig footage. Aside from a few interviews none of this eas shown on TV

Vienna - June 2nd, 1993 - VHS from the master tapes, full gig pro footage, multicam, also by ORF with 2 or 3 cams. None shown on TV

Lyon - July 9th 1993 - 2 Master Hi8 tapes (one shot from the side of the stage and one between fist row and stage) and 1 VHS badly cut together by both. Audience, full gig.

All of them are legit as I watched them all. I would have a few other which I can't confirm as I haven't watched them ever but I would send them too, maybe they are real. Also I have some Video8 and Hi8 tapes filmed by myself from US and UK gigs but they are far from pro but maybe you want to see them.

So if someone is able to digitize them properly I'm happy to give the tapes away."

This is what he siad.

Thanks for pulling up the quote! I looked at the set lists for all the proshot stuff he mentioned, doesn’t seem to have any rare songs, minus Dead Horse from the 1993 show; although I looked at the Helsinki show and it says they opened up with Brownstone... 😂 anyone know if they did? The August 13th show. Would be nice if that show included decent quality versions of Perfect Crime and Dust N’ Bones; easily my favorite 1991 songs.

46 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Thanks for pulling up the quote! I looked at the set lists for all the proshot stuff he mentioned, doesn’t seem to have any rare songs, minus Dead Horse from the 1993 show; although I looked at the Helsinki show and it says they opened up with Brownstone... 😂 anyone know if they did? The August 13th show. Would be nice if that show included decent quality versions of Perfect Crime and Dust N’ Bones; easily my favorite 1991 songs.

I have audio of the Helsinki show and yes they open with Brownstone. It’s an odd show - Axl disappears for a good bit and they just jam out for a while starting with a half-instrumental of Jungle. Axl comes back later and they do the song again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

My guess is that it's likely to be the beginning of the show given that he said it was around 30 minutes long. That is pretty close to the point where Axl left. So, we should indeed be getting Perfect Crime. 

7 minutes ago, Waemoth said:

My guess is that it's likely to be the beginning of the show given that he said it was around 30 minutes long. That is pretty close to the point where Axl left. So, we should indeed be getting Perfect Crime. 

That’d be great!! Along with Dust N’ Bones, I’d be one happy camper. I’m not too too fond of the Indiana show like everyone else, I want to be able to hear Izzy hopefully, and a good 1991 proshot is what we’re missing

52 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

That’d be great!! Along with Dust N’ Bones, I’d be one happy camper. I’m not too too fond of the Indiana show like everyone else, I want to be able to hear Izzy hopefully, and a good 1991 proshot is what we’re missing

The mix of Noblesville is really strange, and Axl just sounds a bit... off throughout the show. Yeah, a 1991 pro-shot would be super cool, Wembley, Mannheim, Inglewood, Mountainview or the first night in Toronto in particular. Imagine one of those with the same sound quality as Saskatoon... 

Edited by Waemoth
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Only videos taken down by user name UZI can get their strikes removed

I am out of the loop - how did people manage to get the strikes removed!?

That is great news!  After literally years of online bullshit hopefully this puts an end to all of that

11 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Only videos taken down by user name UZI can get their strikes removed

Are only strikes removed or are the videos back too? Great job getting the strikes removed and Uzi outed with YouTube 🎉

• Like 1