Guns N' Roses-Saskatoon,Canada 03/26/1993 *NEW THREAD*

28 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Fuck man that sucks! I subbed to your new one right away!

Thanks! i'm still fighting for the old channel but i think is already lost.

27 minutes ago, WillBailey said:

Got a new strike as well (for Saskatoon complete):

Manually detected
Recording Industry Association of America, Inc.
antipiracy@riaa.com
Video taken down

Which is weird because my 2 previous strikes have been removed 2 days ago (around the same time as Gibbo's/ Fransad's). Seriously WTF?

Ok, that's really strange. My strikes came from International Federation of the Phonographic Industry and i'm talking with YouTube Copyright team to see if i can save the channel but since it is an international asociation... seems very hard. I've even called them today by phone, no one answers so left messages. Even the contact form from their website is not working. I just don't know...

12 hours ago, Gibbo said:

On my second channel unlisted. Lets see if it gets taken down manual like my other channel.

Yep taken down manually like I thought it would be the link was only shared here. From another fake account

Edited by Gibbo
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

I've verified that the Saskatoon DVD was not used as the source for the CDs.

The intro on the CD is more of Since I Don't Have You, you can also hear the road crew checking Matt's drum kit, in the background.

Also, at the end of Paradise City, Slash says "Thank You Goodnight!" at 8:13.

That's not on the DVD either.

This proves the CD isn't just a DVD rip.

The audio was simply a victim of a bad mastering job by EVSD...

If only we could obtain the Saskatoon source tape...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ratam said:

Riiing up? FBI??? ☎🔍🔍🔍:blink:

I.R.S

10 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

The intro on the CD is more of Since I Don't Have You, you can also hear the road crew checking Matt's drum kit, in the background.

Didn't St Louis first surfaced in regular quality (bondage authoring) and that was the source until new versions appeared? Who knows, maybe one day the tape appears, at least there's no Normal/ Hi-fi label on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fanfzero said:

I.R.S

Didn't St Louis first surfaced in regular quality (bondage authoring) and that was the source until new versions appeared? Who knows, maybe one day the tape appears, at least there's no Normal/ Hi-fi label on it.

@fanfzero yes , y remember this 👍but seriously , can't this guys altogether to report this harmful , i know exist sheriff web.

1 hour ago, fanfzero said:

I.R.S

The story I heard about St. Louis is that the complete video of the concert was used as evidence in the 1992 court case. That particular video tape leaked out years later and ended up in the hands of Bondage, who botched the transfer.
Eventually, a fan borrowed that same tape and made a better DVD5 version. :headbang:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rockphantom said:

Couldn't someone just slap the CD audio on the DVD and then have best of both?

7 hours ago, rockphantom said:

The story I heard about St. Louis is that the complete video of the concert was used as evidence in the 1992 court case. That particular video tape leaked out years later and ended up in the hands of Bondage, who botched the transfer.
Eventually, a fan borrowed that same tape and made a better DVD5 version. :headbang:

Is that better version the one by Limulus?

10 hours ago, rockphantom said:

Since the video is the screen feed, maybe the screen was dark for those extra minutes of intro/outro, and EVSD cut it off because they didn't want a dark screen for several minutes ?

This way they could still have sourced the audio on the CD's from a DVD with lossy audio, and edited the DVD afterwards before it went to press.

I still think they received it on DVDR, so the audio was allready lossy when they got it.  If they got it on VHS, they could have easily done a lossless audio transfer...

3 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Since the video is the screen feed, maybe the screen was dark for those extra minutes of intro/outro, and EVSD cut it off because they didn't want a dark screen for several minutes ?

This way they could still have sourced the audio on the CD's from a DVD with lossy audio, and edited the DVD afterwards before it went to press.

I still think they received it on DVDR, so the audio was allready lossy when they got it.  If they got it on VHS, they could have easily done a lossless audio transfer...

The DVD5 is nearly maxed out at 4.26GB. Only 110 MB space is left.
Surely, the intro and outro would push the DVD over the 4.37GB limit.

Keep in mind that EVSD also had to add their own watermark to the DVD. :shrugs:

This is purely speculation...

Perhaps they got the full show on a DVD9 and then re-encoded it squeeze it onto a DVD5 disc?

Bootleggers aren't typically known for doing things the right way.

21 hours ago, rockphantom said:

I have obtained a copy of the 2CD/1DVD Rose In The Wild set direct from Japan!

I ordered my copy several hours before Felix liberated the DVD.

I've been collecting essential GNR pressed bootlegs since 1993, and I HAD to have Rose In The Wild!!

I received limited edition number 00054/300.

Unfortunately, I did not get the poster which was displayed here.

Total cost including shipping from Japan was just under $120.

Shipping from Japan only took 4 days.

I hope the spineless losers behind "The Saskatoon Incident" don't try to break into my home to confiscate "A Rose In The Wild".... :lol:

Here are a few pics:

54 of 300 small.jpg

IMG_8761.JPG

IMG_8763.JPG

IMG_8767.JPG

IMG_8776.JPG

If anyone wants FLACs from my silver discs or an ISO from my DVD, just let me know via PM...

Mine arrived today. Shipping from Japan took only 3 days, paid much more than you including shipping fees and customs, but anyway, I like it!

Thanks for the advice rockphantom!

• Like 1

I've analyzed the FLAC files from the Saskatoon CDs in Audacity. Take a look at the brickwalling and audio clipping on My Michelle and You're Crazy.

RED = CLIPPING.

Keep in mind that most modern official releases are also brickwalled and full of clipping. :shrugs:

Personally, I am disappointed when the audience recordings I produce have any audio clipping.
I try to avoid clipping at all costs, by making sure my audio recording level is properly set!

Stupid bootleggers!!

We need to obtain that video source and have it transferred properly.

Unfortunately, I believe that whoever is in possession of the Saskatoon source is probably hiding in the shadows and does not want to be found.
Remember, at the end of the day, the leaked Saskatoon video is considered stolen property.

GNR My Michelle Saskatoon Clipping.JPG

GNR You're Crazy Saskatoon Clipping.JPG

26 minutes ago, JY2016 said:

Mine arrived today. Shipping from Japan took only 3 days, paid much more than you including shipping fees and customs, but anyway, I like it!

Thanks for the advice rockphantom!

Which number did you get JY2016?

8 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

I've analyzed the FLAC files from the Saskatoon CDs in Audacity. Take a look at the brickwalling and audio clipping on My Michelle and You're Crazy.

RED = CLIPPING.

Keep in mind that most modern official releases are also brickwalled and full of clipping. :shrugs:

Personally, I am disappointed when the audience recordings I produce have any audio clipping.
I try to avoid clipping at all costs, by making sure my audio recording level is properly set!

Stupid bootleggers!!

We need to obtain that video source and have it transferred properly.

Unfortunately, I believe that whoever is in possession of the Saskatoon source is probably hiding in the shadows and does not want to be found.
Remember, at the end of the day, the leaked Saskatoon video is considered stolen property.

GNR My Michelle Saskatoon Clipping.JPG

GNR You're Crazy Saskatoon Clipping.JPG

Which number did you get JY2016?

Number 76

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rockphantom said:

I second Kurt's vote! Perhaps Matt and Gilby will return someday, once the current lineup loses its drawing power.

The ultimate cash grab tour would be done in 3 rounds...

1. NITL lineup

2. 1993 lineup

3. 1985-1990 lineup

add Tracy and Roberta, Teddy ZigZagZug and 976 Horns, increase amount od drum solos, replace Axl's superb vocals with Mickey and you quite have the impression of UYI 31st anniversary tour. LOL. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, zombux said:

add Tracy and Roberta, Teddy ZigZagZug and 976 Horns, increase amount od drum solos, replace Axl's superb vocals with Mickey and you quite have the impression of UYI 31st anniversary tour. LOL. 

That would be a great idea for a "Illusions of Democracy Tour"

3 hours ago, rockphantom said:

I second Kurt's vote! Perhaps Matt and Gilby will return someday, once the current lineup loses its drawing power.

The ultimate cash grab tour would be done in 3 rounds...

1. NITL lineup

2. 1993 lineup

3. 1985-1990 lineup

Don't give them any more excuses to not come out with new music!

• Haha 2

On 5/22/2018 at 9:12 AM, Tom-Ass said:

Seriously. It is shows like this that show the world how amazing they were in their prime.. They have so little official footage out there that it is easy to forget!

it shows slash can't play the so fine solo is bad .

• Like 1