Guns N' Roses-Saskatoon,Canada 03/26/1993 *NEW THREAD*

21 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Neil Young says he loves bootlegs as it maintains interest in him between albums. 

You think any member of the band will ever hear about this? 

When I met Flea a few years ago I said something "I could only make it this night cause of the price" and he asked me how much is the ticket cause he doesn't know. I said "80€ for standing" and he was like "doesn't seem too bad" and I said "it was 50€ 4 years ago" and he was like "oooooh shit" :lol: They're clueless 

Adler didn't even know what a box set looks like among other stuff 

Edited by Nicklord

40 minutes ago, FRANSAD said:

I already posted something but it's gone i have quite a few Saskatoon clips on my channel and some of them have a copyright notice saying I can't monetize these vids (which I never do) but they will monetize them and I can leave them up without a strike. I have this on almost all my videos 

I had the same, they were monetizing the video (The Garden) and then came the strike.

3 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I'm guessing the strikes are coming from some individual, not the band (since they'd be striking every other pro-shot concert on youtube as well, but they don't). Most likely that guy is the one who sold the bootleg.

But why/how can he be the 'owner' of the material? I guess that's always the band, management or record company, and since this hasnt been officialy released I'm guessing its one of the first two, and some individual that somehow got ahold of these recordings is not suddenly a rightful owner of the copyright/publishing rights?

5 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I'm guessing the strikes are coming from some individual, not the band (since they'd be striking every other pro-shot concert on youtube as well, but they don't). Most likely that guy is the one who sold the bootleg.

No. The guy selling bootlegs doesn't own the copyright - he can't do anything.

6 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

As I said, I got strikes because of the golden gods pro shot and saw a channel be taken down after uploading whole London 2012 in separate clips. My guess is that it comes from the band

1 minute ago, AFDRR said:

Pretty sure something similar has happened in the past, someone who's not the band or the record company taking down videos, I mean.

Just now, AFDRR said:

Strikes happen on youtube all the time from 'hall monitor' type individuals. Literally if you have an account, you can request a strike for the simple reason that your feelings were hurt. I'm just saying, this guy has the biggest incentive of anyone.

3 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

As I said, I got strikes because of the golden gods pro shot and saw a channel be taken down after uploading whole London 2012 in separate clips. My guess is that it comes from the band

Oh, wasn't aware of that. Possibly is the band then.

1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Strikes happen on youtube all the time from 'hall monitor' type individuals. Literally if you have an account, you can request a strike for the simple reason that your feelings were hurt. I'm just saying, this guy has the biggest incentive of anyone.

I got 2 YT channels taken down. The strikes I got (for non-gnr stuff) were from copyright owners always. I always got an email telling me who claimed the rights and never it was "some random guy". Maybe everyone can complain or whatever (because of tits blabla) but getting a strike needs copyright violation I think.

5 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Who is this?

She or he (gender disputed) is a rather fanatical fan of the band who showed her devotion by attempting to take down bootlegs and un-official videos from youtube. A controversial figure, used to have a "gang" (La Familia) over at newgnr.com, and was kind of brazen and offensive in her opinions regarding GN'R. Fought with everyone, banned from everywhere. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

She or he (gender disputed) is a rather fanatical fan of the band who showed her devotion by attempting to take down bootlegs and un-official videos from youtube. A controversial figure, used to have a "gang" (La Familia) over at newgnr.com, and was kind of brazen and offensive in her opinions regarding GN'R. Fought with everyone, banned from everywhere. 

GNR fandom is a disease. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

that's what I've heard. I had one video taken down that was simply a rock in rio 2017 recap and it was from some guy with the email address "Rockinrio@gmail.com" I disputed it and got the strike removed. I am guessing it was from Warchild. Is that the same person as MJ Stealth?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

that's what I've heard. I had one video taken down that was simply a rock in rio 2017 recap and it was from some guy with the email address "Rockinrio@gmail.com" I disputed it and got the strike removed. I am guessing it was from Warchild. Is that the same person as MJ Stealth?

I don't know what aliases she has used. But there's been many :lol: