Guns N' Roses-Saskatoon,Canada 03/26/1993 *NEW THREAD*

What me and everyone else that post videos on there do it coz we love the band and want people to see how good they are. Am sure after people see videos on YouTube they would buy the albums or dvds. Then gnr take the videos down fair enough if they are official releases but if they aren't why do it.

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 1

Wait... So you can claim on youtube that you have copyright over smth random and they are gonna belive you and even punish other users... just WOW...

How it works... there are bands i really dislike so I can put their videos down...

3 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

I just realized that they deleted from my channel as well, even got a strike

This Uzi Suicidal person is either a master troll, or has some seriously deluded views regarding the morality of bootlegs such as this and they are deluding themselves into thinking that they are doing the band a service by fucking us all over as fans

They have been at it for years, it is baffling and totally illogical

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

This Uzi Suicidal person is either a master troll, or has some seriously deluded views regarding the morality of bootlegs such as this and they are deluding themselves into thinking that they are doing the band a service by fucking us all over as fans

They have been at it for years, it is baffling and totally illogical

That person has emotional/mental issues obviously since she/he does same thing for years...

• Like 1

Is there a possibility that GNR want to go after the person selling the bootlegs in Japan and for that reason they needed to remove the youtube versions to prove they are protecting their copyright and it's not public domain etc?

I could see the band would take a worse view of shops selling bootlegs than just random fans swapping them.

I think all this would be avoided nicely if GNR would set up some way for fans to purchase offical boots - like how bands like metallica sell stuff after the show online.

17 minutes ago, Chunder Monkey said:

Is there a possibility that GNR want to go after the person selling the bootlegs in Japan and for that reason they needed to remove the youtube versions to prove they are protecting their copyright and it's not public domain etc?

I could see the band would take a worse view of shops selling bootlegs than just random fans swapping them.

I think all this would be avoided nicely if GNR would set up some way for fans to purchase offical boots - like how bands like metallica sell stuff after the show online.

The person taking the videos on YT down (There are still at least 4 full versions up btw) apparently is not connected to the band in any way.

• Like 1

Why not dispute the claims? I would but my vids are still up. I'm sure YT would take a closer look into the one who claims to be the owner of the copyright if lot of people dispute it. At the end the footage never was released officially. If someone officially from Guns claims the videos so be it but some crazy twat whos bored should not be able to take down videos. 

• Like 2

I dont get all the upset. 

I think everyone who was interested in the footage still has it. 

In the end we are still talking about bootleg material which is still illegal, at least in most countries of the world. Just because digital bootlegging is that easy in 2018 it does not mean that it has to be accepted by the copyright owner (or the person who claims to be the owner). 

Dont get me wrong: I dont defent the shutdown of all the links but I do not understand the overall reaction. Its not that someone has stolen something from you. Its the other way around ... strictly speaking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zigzagbigbag said:

I dont get all the upset. 

I think everyone who was interested in the footage still has it. 

In the end we are still talking about bootleg material which is still illegal, at least in most countries of the world. Just because digital bootlegging is that easy in 2018 it does not mean that it has to be accepted by the copyright owner (or the person who claims to be the owner). 

Dont get me wrong: I dont defent the shutdown of all the links but I do not understand the overall reaction. Its not that someone has stolen something from you. Its the other way around ... strictly speaking. 

Strictly speaking you don't know who owns the copyright of the footage (doesn't need to be the band or their management) Maybe the owner is fine with it being on YT and there's no need for someone playing bootleg police

22 minutes ago, AFDRR said:

Strictly speaking you don't know who owns the copyright of the footage (doesn't need to be the band or their management) Maybe the owner is fine with it being on YT and there's no need for someone playing bootleg police

No, I don't know whos the copyright owner. Neither do you. 

But you do seriously expect some individual idiot being that successful playing bootleg police without owning the copyrights?! Have you ever tried to delete some content from the internet without being the authorized person?! 

Apart from that, do you have to be the owner of the house to be justified to stop some robber from breaking in?! 

Once again, I do not defend the shutdown of all the links but I do not see myself to be entitled to be upset about this action.   Just my five cents. 

Edited by zigzagbigbag

1 minute ago, zigzagbigbag said:

No, I don't know whos the copyright owner. Neither do you. 

But you do seriously expect some individual idiot being that successful playing bootleg police without owning the copyrights?! Have you ever tried to delete some content from the internet without being the authorized person?! 

Apart from that, do you have to be the owner of the house to be jutified to stop some robber from breaking in?! 

Once again, I do not defend the shutdown of all the links but I do see myself to be entitled to be upset about this actiom.   Just my five cents. 

From what I read Uzi Suicidal LLC is no real company. If GNR would be really into all this then all copies would have been taken down already. But they're not. The most common ones are gone, still tons of videos up though. And again who knows if the copyright owner isn't fine with it being shared?