Guns N' Roses-Saskatoon,Canada 03/26/1993 *NEW THREAD*

2 minutes ago, metalms said:

Exactly.  It really is sad to me.  Hopefully that will help with Twitter,  but often times they make changes and the spammers and con artists are already figuring out ways to beat the new system in place.  You Tube in particular has a lot of work to do.  They make it too easy.  You should have to show documentation of copyright before they are allowed to place a strike on you. IMO

Yes, there's still a loooong way to go, but I think we are on that path and do no think these companies are not hearing. They are but maybe, there are other priorities for them now.

Look at the FB scandal, at some point they had to sit down and face what was going on. Yeah, it took them years to listen to the users and now they want to fix it, but their reputation is pretty much destroyed. I know that most of people I have on FB are not using it anymore and some have closed their accounts.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I feel like I should make something clear:

As far as I'm aware, no one involved with GNR or the record label has is behind this. No one from GNR or the record label has approached us on the subject, I can say that for certain. 

What we're dealing with currently is the same sad, one or two "fans" with zero life, so desperate for attention that this is how they focus their time and energy on ruining things for others. 

Thanks Russ. I hate that people point fingers at the band. None of it would exist it they didnt want it too, but what is going on here is just wrong.  Hopefully didn't go off topic too much. ;)

• Like 2

I'd initially thought that due to how rare this is, there may have been a few noses put out of joint with those who were hoarding it that they decided to go to this drastic measure. It's disheartening that it's a fellow fan who has contributed to the community over the years.

41 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I feel like I should make something clear:

As far as I'm aware, no one involved with GNR or the record label has is behind this. No one from GNR or the record label has approached us on the subject, I can say that for certain. 

What we're dealing with currently is the same sad, one or two "fans" with zero life, so desperate for attention that this is how they focus their time and energy on ruining things for others. 

This is from one of the dimeadozen mods 

Well, we received a very lengthy Digital Millennium Copyright Act legal 
notice from one of the Anti-Piracy Directors of the International 
Federation of the Phonographic Industry (“IFPI”) asking us to stop 
making this material available immediately....so no, I don't think it is 
something that we could dispute.

• Confused 1

Exactly, these actions are not made by the band or anyone acting on the band's behalf. 

49 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Just for the rush of power. Or maybe some delusion that Axl will thank her at some stage.

Obviously someone with some mental/emotional issues. GnR does not need a fan acting on its behalf. 

• Confused 1

Got this in my e-mail this morning. I do not own this title so can't share it but thought some might find this interesting.............

NEW GUNS N'ROSES  Rose In The Wild MARCH 25TH 1993 3 CD + 1 DV  SOUNDBOARD AND PRO SHOOT EMPRESS VALLEY  

Complete first appearance pro shot & sound board! ! ! And complete recording! ! !

Super item that can assert that sound quality is the best in the history of Kansu Boot!

This is the first thing that has been completely drained.

recorded  Saskatoon performance in Canada on March 26, 1993.

It contains a sound board sound source with excellent sound quality.Empress Valley 2CD + 1DVD Rose In The Wild MARCH 25TH 1993

Guns_Canada.jpg

Guns_Canada2.jpg

Guns_Canada3.jpg

Edited by classicrawker

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Assuming the band have nothing to do with the deletions, why would a lone gun (no pun intended) have any incentive to do this? 

To be an asshole.

44 minutes ago, joaompc said:

If there's no official hand on this, why is this forum removing the links for the show?

Because now that the asshole(s) have stirred the pot, legal action could end up being taken by the label.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

I got a strike for uploading Madrid 93 :o

Did you receive info about who was responsible for the claim?

I have searched and cannot locate any record of this person filing to become an LLC, which is used after the name in these claims...I did, however, determine that fraudulently claiming you are an LLC, can carry legal consequences, as noted below by an expert in Business Law....so it looks like this person or persons are fraudently claiming to be an LLC while fraudently claiming they own these copyrights....:facepalm:

If you are not an LLC then you cannot legally claim that you are. The penalty for saying that you are an LLC will depend on who you make that claim to and under what circumstances

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Did you receive info about who was responsible for the claim?

Apparently it was official. From the email (translated from spanish)

"Hi, fanfzero:

We've blocked your video due to a copyright claim. In other words, nobody will be able to watch your video on Youtube and It's posible that you won't be able to access some features of the platform. 

Video Title: Guns n roses - Madrid Spain 1993 FULL SHOW [Remastered] 
Song Protected with copyright: Welcome To The Jungle (Live Version (Explicit)) 
Claimed by: UMG

Details:

Sound recording manually detected. 

Claim: UMG (in the name of Geffen)

Blocked worldwide"

The thing is that I let another guy to pick a piece of my video and upload it to his channel.

He uploaded Welcome To the Jungle and his video is still up.

35 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

Apparently it was official. From the email (translated from spanish)

"Hi, fanfzero:

We've blocked your video due to a copyright claim. In other words, nobody will be able to watch your video on Youtube and It's posible that you won't be able to access some features of the platform. 

Video Title: Guns n roses - Madrid Spain 1993 FULL SHOW [Remastered] 
Song Protected with copyright: Welcome To The Jungle (Live Version (Explicit)) 
Claimed by: UMG

Details:

Sound recording manually detected. 

Claim: UMG (in the name of Geffen)

Blocked worldwide"

The thing is that I let another guy to pick a piece of my video and upload it to his channel.

He uploaded Welcome To the Jungle and his video is still up.

Any chance that this is the WTTJ from the Live Era Album? Or at least parts of it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yes. But what I mean is that many, many, lotssss of people, nowadays decide their purchase based on YouTube videos (or blog posts, or IG photos).

How many of you have decided to buy a ticket to a show, spectacle, concert, whatever.... after watching someone else uploading a video of it?

I know I have!!

A couple of months ago I bought a printer, solely based on little research I did online for the specs of the printer and after watching some guy on YouTube unboxing the thing, showing every piece of it and showing how it worked, etc. etc. and I am happy with my choice! Printer works awesome!

It is great advertisement, so why would anyone be not cool with that?

100% wasn't disagreeing with you at all ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One more reminder-

We don't allow discussion of banned/former members. Please step posting their names and/or insults. It's always been our policy that we don't allow discussion of those who can't defend themselves. Even if they got themselves banned from the site, we still don't allow it.

Trust me when I tell you that we are as or more frustrated than all of you by this shit. There's nothing more I would like than this thread to be filled with people discussing an amazing show the fan base was finally able to view. However, due to the usual suspects it's not that way for the time being.

I'm sure all of this will get cleared up eventually and everyone can go back to being great fans discussing a great show :)

• Like 2

DAMNIT!

The DVD torrent was pulled from TTD!
TTD mods RARELY pull anything from their site!

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=140361&page=2

From TTD's supreme moderator U2Lynne:

"We've received a DMCA notice regarding this show so I am pulling it. Thanks for your understanding."

This is not right!!

Edited by rockphantom
  • Sad 1