Bohemian Rhapsody trailer released (film due Nov)

Rami Malek sounds nothing like Freddie when he's speaking. It sounds as if Brian has recorded lines and has the actor miming them, though I could be wrong.

I'm looking forward to it, just hoping the portrayal is a lot more accurate than what it looks from the snippets.

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

It looks better than I expected (Note that I didn't say good). I'm not sure I'm sold on the Freddie portrayal yet, but Brian May looks spot on. If I had my eyes closed, I'd have thought it was May himself speaking. 

Thats what I thought. Based on what I've read previously I expected it to be bad so I was reasonably surprised. I might go watch it when it's released.

• GNFNR 1

On 15/5/2018 at 4:18 PM, Dean said:

Rami Malek sounds nothing like Freddie when he's speaking. It sounds as if Brian has recorded lines and has the actor miming them, though I could be wrong.

I'm looking forward to it, just hoping the portrayal is a lot more accurate than what it looks from the snippets.

This, i think it is Brian voice. If not, the actor is spot on.

Queen fans seem divided on Malek in the teaser, but they seem to all agree that Lee's May was near perfect. 

I think Malek will capture the essence of Freddie. From what I've seen he got the mannerisms and the moves down. Looks and voice won't matter in the end.

20 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Queen fans seem divided on Malek in the teaser, but they seem to all agree that Lee's May was near perfect. 

I think Malek will capture the essence of Freddie. From what I've seen he got the mannerisms and the moves down. Looks and voice won't matter in the end.

Yeah of course he’s not going to look exactly like Freddie but the swagger and personality are almost more important in this case, so acting chops will prevail over simply looking the part. He seems to have the charisma nailed.