Bohemian Rhapsody trailer released (film due Nov)

1 hour ago, luciusfunk said:

I haven’t seen it officially confirmed anywhere, but Marc Martel provides the singing voice for Freddie and is the voice you hear doing the crowd improv at the beginning of the trailer. 

Just looked him up. Very impressive.

A lot of people who saw the trailer are worried that Freddie is "straight washed" in this film. I think they missed that part where he was holding a guy's hand. This film as we know portrays Freddie from about 1971 to 1985, so during that time, Freddie had his fair share of female partners as well as men especially from 1976 and on. Freddie was always an enigma. His former classmates from India said he was gay, Brian and Roger thought for the longest time he was straight, based on the number of fit girls he brought to the dressing room but later on started noticing he started bringing men in. They thought nothing of it.

I think all we will get is an honest depiction of Freddie. They will probably hint at his outrageous lifestyle but this film will be about Queen, not just Freddie. The character of Mary will probably have a bigger role, as she was probably the most important person in Freddie's life. Expect a lot of triggered LGBTQ in the media. 

9 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

A lot of people who saw the trailer are worried that Freddie is "straight washed" in this film. I think they missed that part where he was holding a guy's hand. This film as we know portrays Freddie from about 1971 to 1985, so during that time, Freddie had his fair share of female partners as well as men especially from 1976 and on. Freddie was always an enigma. His former classmates from India said he was gay, Brian and Roger thought for the longest time he was straight, based on the number of fit girls he brought to the dressing room but later on started noticing he started bringing men in. They thought nothing of it.

I think all we will get is an honest depiction of Freddie. They will probably hint at his outrageous lifestyle but this film will be about Queen, not just Freddie. The character of Mary will probably have a bigger role, as she was probably the most important person in Freddie's life. Expect a lot of triggered LGBTQ in the media. 

Well they did cast someone as Jim Hutton, so I don't think he'll be "straight-washed". I have a feeling his sexuality won't even be a huge issue in the movie.

11 minutes ago, luciusfunk said:

Well they did cast someone as Jim Hutton, so I don't think he'll be "straight-washed". I have a feeling his sexuality won't even be a huge issue in the movie.

Plus it was a teaser. Usually the trailers give more away in the plot. I just hope they don't feel pressure to add more gay snippets to appease butthurts like Bryan Fuller. Freddie wasn't all about being a gay/bi icon. He was a rock star. He enjoyed his privacy, that was why he waited until he was on death's door to reveal to the world he had AIDS. Died the next day. People had a problem with that, but fuck them. He wanted to protect his family and friends. 

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:30 PM, luciusfunk said:

I haven’t seen it officially confirmed anywhere, but Marc Martel provides the singing voice for Freddie and is the voice you hear doing the crowd improv at the beginning of the trailer. 

I watched AXS Nothing But Trailers show and it says this movie will be released on November 7. The trailer looks amazing and I get a little choked up when I see it.

I think by the time Freddie dies I will be crying. The guy playing Freddie looks like he did an amazing job, but you know it's Freddie doing the singing and Queen playing the songs.

I think and I hope this movie is going to be an amazing tribute to Queen.

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Mercury basically fucked everything that moved.

Which would have been okay if he had been safe about it. It's a damn shame Freddie wasn't more careful, but he lived his life the way he wanted to. Bless him for that.

7 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I watched AXS Nothing But Trailers show and it says this movie will be released on November 7. The trailer looks amazing and I get a little choked up when I see it.

I think by the time Freddie dies I will be crying. The guy playing Freddie looks like he did an amazing job, but you know it's Freddie doing the singing and Queen playing the songs.

I think and I hope this movie is going to be an amazing tribute to Queen.

Which would have been okay if he had been safe about it. It's a damn shame Freddie wasn't more careful, but he lived his life the way he wanted to. Bless him for that.

I’ve got a good source that says Martel does Freddie’s singing voice. He’s the voice you hear doing the improv at the beginning of the trailer. 

8 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The real tragedy was that Freddie died just when cocktail started being widely distrubted which allowed his lover Hutton to live until his death from lung cancer in 2010. Hutton was diagnosed in 1990 so he was able to receive proper treatment in time. Had it been available a year or so earlier, Freddie could have been alive today.

• 4 weeks later...

Bryan Fuller can shut the fuck up now.

10 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

“I just need a bit of time.”
“.....what if I don’t have time?”

Right? That line got me too.

They are also not shying away from Freddie's sexuality. So the gay police can stop crying.

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I have to tell you, that newest trailer lowers my expectations by quite a bit. Looks more like a made-for-tv-movie than a feature film to me. 

Really? I thought the cinematography looked cinematic. Plus that huge crowd at Wembley Stadium. Then again it is harder to distinguish the mediums since Television has grown to be more cinematic. 

Might sound ridiculous to you guys, but I can't believe that with the involvement of Brian and Roger, they let a minor thing like Freddie having a tache during the creation of WWRY go under the radar. The lip brush wasn't sported until the fall of '79.

I'm still intrigued to see what the full thing is like.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dean said:

Might sound ridiculous to you guys, but I can't believe that with the involvement of Brian and Roger, they let a minor thing like Freddie having a tache during the creation of WWRY go under the radar. The lip brush wasn't sported until the fall of '79.

I'm still intrigued to see what the full thing is like.

I am guessing due to time constraints they had to blend some years together. Only so much they can fit in a 2 hour movie.

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

That Brian May guy is still my favourite part of this so far. He is spot on.

Not so much on Roger Taylor. Voice wise. That Jurassic Park guy hasn't spoken in the trailer yet.

On 2018-07-17 at 12:03 PM, RussTCB said:

I have to tell you, that newest trailer lowers my expectations by quite a bit. Looks more like a made-for-tv-movie than a feature film to me. 

This might have actually made for a terrific miniseries. Then they wouldn’t have to squeeze the story into two hours.

• Like 2

I guess it all depends on where the focus is. Walk The Line pulled off a decent chunk of Cash’s life in a couple hours despite many things being edited for artistic licence or just to move the story along, so hopefully this film takes a similar approach. Perhaps the origin of the band will just be glossed over and the bulk of the film will be about Freddie’s life in the band.

On 7/19/2018 at 5:16 PM, Georgy Zhukov said:

I think the film will mostly focus on making of Bohemian Rhapsody and The Live Aid Concert. The Live Aid serving as the climax of the film. 

Correct, it ends in '85. They wanna do a sequel which focuses on the latter years and his struggle with AIDS.