alfierose

Bohemian Rhapsody trailer released (film due Nov)

It looks better than I expected (Note that I didn't say good). I'm not sure I'm sold on the Freddie portrayal yet, but Brian May looks spot on. If I had my eyes closed, I'd have thought it was May himself speaking. 

Rami Malek sounds nothing like Freddie when he's speaking. It sounds as if Brian has recorded lines and has the actor miming them, though I could be wrong.

I'm looking forward to it, just hoping the portrayal is a lot more accurate than what it looks from the snippets.

Sorry but I don't know. I just don't want yet another typical biopic. Is it based on a book writen by a band member or journalist?

18 minutes ago, Padme said:

Sorry but I don't know. I just don't want yet another typical biopic. Is it based on a book writen by a band member or journalist?

No.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

It looks better than I expected (Note that I didn't say good). I'm not sure I'm sold on the Freddie portrayal yet, but Brian May looks spot on. If I had my eyes closed, I'd have thought it was May himself speaking. 

Thats what I thought. Based on what I've read previously I expected it to be bad so I was reasonably surprised. I might go watch it when it's released.

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, Padme said:

No but Brian and Roger have been involved in production. 

The attention to detail is impressive. Yeah Malek isn’t going to sound or look 100% but from what we see he at least has the mannerisms and charisma down. Brian May is spot on - I wasn’t expecting that.

Malek doesn't look like Freddie, he looks more like Mick in some shots. But I agree he nailed the way Freddie moved. The guy playing Brian is uncanny. 

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Can't wait to see what Bumblefoot does with the May reshoots...

That's happening, right?

I was expecting Axl reshoots in Sail Away Sweet Sister :P

On 15/5/2018 at 4:18 PM, Dean said:

Rami Malek sounds nothing like Freddie when he's speaking. It sounds as if Brian has recorded lines and has the actor miming them, though I could be wrong.

I'm looking forward to it, just hoping the portrayal is a lot more accurate than what it looks from the snippets.

This, i think it is Brian voice. If not, the actor is spot on.

I was surprised how close the actors look to the band members. If you look at pictures of them side by side they look nothing alike, but if you look at them in costume they look pretty damn good.

• Like 1