Does anybody else find it kinda goofy that Dizzy always mirror's Axl's style?

sweetdudejim5

Hey so, I'm a long time fan. I've been paying attention to this forum since 2002, but only posted a couple of times before this.

But anyways, I've got no problem with the guy but doesn't it seem like whenever Axl changes his look and/or general style, Dizzy does the exact same. 

First we will start with Dizzy's beginnings with the band. Here's one of the few photos of the Axl/Slash/Izzy/Duff/Matt/Dizzy lineup. And we see Dizzy going for the same kinda "rugged '80s cowboy" (yes I know this is a '90s photo) as Axl.

Image result for dizzy reed 1991

Then Axl disappears, we all know the story. He returns in 2001, and after a bit he finds his new look.....

Image result for axl rose 2002

Of course, we got Axl with his cornrows, and Dizzy goes similar with a dreadlock type look....

Image result for dizzy reed 2002

Then after the release of Chinese Democracy, Axl returns to a more normal hair style, accompanied by goatee.

Image result for axl rose 2010

Take a wild guess for Dizzy's next look...

Image result for dizzy reed 2009

So yeah, obviously this is a bit of a joke thread. I'm sure Dizzy's a great guy. Slash and Duff seem fine to be performing with him after all the water under the bridge. But it is a little bit odd that every Axl style change, it seems Dizzy would also do his own spin on it. Reminds me of being in high school and seeing the popular kids dressed one way a certain day and a week later the kids who were trying to fit in would be dressed nearly the exact same way. In high school, it's expected. For guys who are around 40 to over 50 years old, it's kind of a little goofy. Anybody agree?

Edited by sweetdudejim5
  • Like 2

Huh, yeah I guess thats true.  I noticed in the early CD era, but not the rest.  Its been said that Izzy set the style for the entire band, so its kinda a broader Guns thing I guess.

Its funnier when its Diz though, lol.

Some posters do a great job unpacking Axls mental health issues as they relate to Axl not knowing how to present himself and wanting to feel accepted.  Possibly Dizzy is being a good friend, affirming that Axls in style and part of a identifiable group? Prolly not though.

I guess Mel takes some style leads from Axl too:

2LpCoaMl.jpg

Well... sometimes not though:

Spoiler

quhcZLuh.jpg

:lol:

Edited by soon
clarity

4 hours ago, sweetdudejim5 said:

Hey so, I'm a long time fan. I've been paying attention to this forum since 2002, but only posted a couple of times before this.

But anyways, I've got no problem with the guy but doesn't it seem like whenever Axl changes his look and/or general style, Dizzy does the exact same. 

First we will start with Dizzy's beginnings with the band. Here's one of the few photos of the Axl/Slash/Izzy/Duff/Matt/Dizzy lineup. And we see Dizzy going for the same kinda "rugged '80s cowboy" (yes I know this is a '90s photo) as Axl.

Image result for dizzy reed 1991

Then Axl disappears, we all know the story. He returns in 2001, and after a bit he finds his new look.....

Image result for axl rose 2002

Of course, we got Axl with his cornrows, and Dizzy goes similar with a dreadlock type look....

Image result for dizzy reed 2002

Then after the release of Chinese Democracy, Axl returns to a more normal hair style, accompanied by goatee.

Image result for axl rose 2010

Take a wild guess for Dizzy's next look...

Image result for dizzy reed 2009

So yeah, obviously this is a bit of a joke thread. I'm sure Dizzy's a great guy. Slash and Duff seem fine to be performing with him after all the water under the bridge. But it is a little bit odd that every Axl style change, it seems Dizzy would also do his own spin on it. Reminds me of being in high school and seeing the popular kids dressed one way a certain day and a week later the kids who were trying to fit in would be dressed nearly the exact same way. In high school, it's expected. For guys who are around 40 to over 50 years old, it's kind of a little goofy. Anybody agree?

This thread is very funny:lol:👍

I remember in 2009 when dizzy took the braids out of his hair an old friend of mine on another gnr forum said "this probably means Axl's braids are gone too."

fast-forward a few months later and tmz films Axl punching a guy at an airport and his hat falls off and his braids are gone lol.

• Haha 2